Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #31
SaCrow

Default Re: 2012 Thai Built Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Can confirm Ford are removing the DRL from the LW MK II Focus (Yep, it’ll be known as this). Quite a bit of extra things, like full leather on the Titanium and a reversing camera on the Sport & Titanium, though I was told no BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) which appears to be an odd miss. The range will also shrink, so while the four models remain (Ambient, Trent, Sport & Titanium) the variants of each model have been reduced (Example: No Diesel Titanium Sedan). The Sport & Titanium also get a new body styling kit, which I’m to assume is like the Focus Zetec S offered in the UK. And for the badge lowers, Trend, Sport and Titanium will all now feature badge models on the tail.

Regardless of all this, I’ve decided to accept my 2012 German-Build Focus Titanium. Pick-up this afternoon!
Diesel Titanium Sedan with DRL's : I may need to get a Titanium (Limited Edition) badge
Old 20-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #32
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foconatic
DRL's are not Standard on the Titanium but are part of it's sports executive pack. Titanium w/o the SEP don't have DRL's, static cornering lights,sunroof (moon roof), adaptive cruise control.
I hope the Sports Executive Pack is available on the new model..The Titanium needs something to make it more luxury for those who want it, over the Sports.
Old 20-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #33
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I hope the Sports Executive Pack is available on the new model..The Titanium needs something to make it more luxury for those who want it, over the Sports.
It certainly is. The only removal from the list is the DTRL’s but you gain the ‘Active City Stop’ as part of the Sports Executive Pack option. Can also confirm the LW MKII ‘Sport’ will feature new 17” alloys, while the ‘Ambient’ will get new 16” wheel covers. The ‘Titanium’ also looses it’s full size spare (albeit, it’s still only a 16” steel type on the current LW).

The big news though is the right hand indicator stalk! While this doesn’t affect me as I’m used to driving European cars, this will be a big win for the left hand stalk haters.
Old 20-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #34
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to say, I'm in love with this Focus!

Old 20-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #35
jonohoang

If it is really known as the MK11, and i am not doubting it.... this must be the shortest running series ever!
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #36
jonohoang

also saw this on youtube, 2012 thailand spec focus.

Note: the bottom of the car is colour coded, where the current model is not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmN7...eature=related
Old 20-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #37
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think dropping DRL's is a good move. When the opposition has or is getting them...
Old 21-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #38
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It keeps the Bi-Xenon headlights though? Weird omission. Yup, it definitely looks like the MK II LW gets the Zetec S body kit. Supposily, both the Sport and Titanium get this!
Old 21-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #39
Foconatic

Quote:

Tell me is that really a MKIII LW Focus? Congrat's BTW.

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #40
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foconatic
Tell me is that really a MKIII LW Focus? Congrat's BTW.
Thanks man! Hehe. No, just a LW. Supposedly it's one of the last shipments of German Built Titaniums. According to the dealer...
Old 21-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #41
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks man! Hehe. No, just a LW. Supposedly it's one of the last shipments of German Built Titaniums. According to the dealer...
Lets hope the Thai quality is as good as the German Focus.
Old 21-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #42
Nichol

Oh how'd it love to have the Zetec s body kit! I don't understand why they'd take equipment out of the car. They should actually make everything on the sport executive pack (currently) standard for the Thai built models. They should just introduce a Tech pack or something for the extra features they'll be adding on, like the blind spot monitoring, reverse camera, and whatever else is said to be added.
Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #43
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can definitely understand why they removed the heated front seats, at least in Thailand! They’re great in Toowoomba, though I’d bet they’re a bit warm given Thailand’s climate haha.
Old 23-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #44
AG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonohoang
also saw this on youtube, 2012 thailand spec focus.

Note: the bottom of the car is colour coded, where the current model is not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmN7...eature=related
I think thats just part of the camo.
Thai-built Focus

AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #45
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
It could be better... newer equipment.....

The Ranger quality is great.... Always has been!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #46
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah I think the days of worrying about where the car is manufactured are slowly ending.

The plants are basically built the same everywhere, the process is the same etc so unless they are taking pot through the door then your ok.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #47
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Yeah I think the days of worrying about where the car is manufactured are slowly ending.

The plants are basically built the same everywhere, the process is the same etc so unless they are taking pot through the door then your ok.
South Africa?? Lol.
Old 23-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #48
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Re: 2012 Thai Built Focus

Out of our league: the global auto affair - The Drum
The world loves cars. Cars are an object of desire; a status symbol for the wealthy, an aspiration for the poor. People want cars, as a general rule. So why is everybody so rubbish at making them? How is it that barely a car manufacturer in the seems capable of operating without the kind of government assistance that would make even a 1990s Sydney first home buyer blush?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-1...affair/3771826 - 13 Jan 2012
Old 23-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #49
Foconatic

Quote:
My German built car was dilivered to me w/o the auto wiper sensor
connected. So it passed through it's QUALITY CONTROL and they did not pick it up. Another car, as told by my dealer, had no lights to the p/s of vehicle. Again a wiring connector not conncted.Not plugged in fully i can understand, but ont plugged at all in both cases??

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #50
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
I think thats just part of the camo.
Think it may not just be cameo. From what the dealer told me, the Thai-Built Titanium and Sports are a getting coloured body kit. While it varies slightly from the Focus Zetec S below, not as aggressive from behind, though the side skirts appear very similar.

http://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2012-...llpaper_04.htm

Not sure if the models on display at the Thailand Motor Show were actual Thailand built models, as my dealer insisted on the DTRL being deleted from the Titanium Sports Executive Pack, and they definitely appear on the car. Pausing the video appears to show a ‘black’ section in what appear to be the Bi-Xenon headlamps, though maybe I’m seeing things. ‘Moondust Silver’ is also being deleted, and being replaced with ‘Ignot Silver’ and this colour doesn’t quite look like the later, as it’s a little less shiny and more matt-finish IMHO.

Regardless, we’ll soon find out!
Old 26-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #51
rjk74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just wondering why is it that a 5sp manual isnt offered at all in the LW Focus sedans, seems a bit crazy not to have the option. The missus and I are keen on the LW sedan but not the auto, does anyone know if this will change anytime soon and if a 6sp manual might also be a future option.
rjk74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #52
sjb
Starter Motor

Quote:
This is doing my head in!

I have (with great difficulty and little room for negotiating on price therefore) found a new black titanium diesel hatch with SE pack which I have on hold - have to confirm with the dealer tomorrow and am now wondering WTF to do; the purist in me wants a German built one (I know this is no guarentee of better quality, but it feels less wrong to pay a premium for "made in Germany" than similar money for something made on slave labour wages), but more features for the same or less money is appealing...!

Are you pretty confident about your updates re the additions and omissions? Even with CityStop (which I think is cool - the rest I can take or leave, would have wanted BLIS tho!!) being very tempting, I still think I'd prefer one of the now-rare German ones...

Or am I being a d***head??

Last edited by sjb; 02-05-2012 at 10:58 PM.
sjb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #53
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb

I have (with great difficulty and little room for negotiating on price therefore) found a new black titanium diesel hatch with SE pack which I have on hold - have to confirm with the dealer tomorrow and am now wondering WTF to do; the purist in me wants a German built one (I know this is no guarentee of better quality, but it feels less wrong to pay a premium for "made in Germany" than similar money for something made on slave labour wages), but more features for the same or less money is appealing...!

Are you pretty confident about your updates re the additions and omissions? Even with CityStop (which I think is cool - the rest I can take or leave, would have wanted BLIS tho!!) being very tempting, I still think I'd prefer one of the now-rare German ones...

I would wait now... Whats the runout got that the new one doesn't? Led daytime lights, and no one at Ford I know can confirm that yet.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #54
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Sad to see your Fez going mate however the Focus is a good upgrade. It looks good

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #55
jonohoang

http://www.caradvice.com.au/171156/f...ere-by-august/
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #56
markt
Starter Motor

A majority of the commenters on that caradvice thread seem to think the Thai Focus will have lower build quality than the German one. Whats the consensus in here?
markt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #57
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonohoang
One worrying quote; "Earlier this year, Ford Australia told CarAdvice the specifications and trim quality of the Thai-sourced Focus models would be similar to those that have been imported from Germany"
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #58
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb

Hey mate. Have seen the dealer issued form from Ford Australia to confirm all the details I have. It says August availability also. Personally, I’d try and get a German one, as the one I’m driving is built like a rock, and has heated front seats, great in Toowoomba haha! The Thai built model drops this feature, but it does gain plenty of other kit. Up to you really, but the Thai model is a few months away yet! Good luck.
Old 24-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #59
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definitly looks like LEDs to me. The Thai spec models on display. Like the body colored treatment to the front, rear and side skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...e=1&permPage=1

Like the new wheels for the Sports model too!

Looks ace in blue!

Old 24-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #60
warpsp33d

Nice find. There's a Titanium Sedan there too.

No photos of the interior though.
warpsp33d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post