Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #61
ConradP

Default Re: Time to mod my LV

Good and bad news, I called up the tyre factory and they said they should be able to order them in for me, but they will be coming from Italy so I'll have to wait :(
Old 06-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #62
ConradP

Got a call from Autobarn, intake got here 2 days early All hooked up and oh it goes now! Did the clever thing and drove it when all the kids finished school near my house and they were all looking!

Only problem is i kept sitting on about 80 in 60 zones and my fuel econ reset when i unplugged the battery so it's now on like 13.4...
Old 06-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #63
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope you took pictures of the install...

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #64
ConradP

I've got one on my phone of the finished product, the isntall is rather easy, the annoying thing i found was attatching the 12mm hose to the crankcase, in the end i cut the old connector from the stock hose and ended up slicing the hose down the middle at the connector part and then bashed it into the new hose and clamped it all up, also i have the 90deg pipe coming off the throttle body but i'm considering getting like a 2" long straight and just having it sit straight and bend the ram hose around into the grille, because right now i have it facing down with no hose, it sounds awesome don't get me wrong but i just want to try it out differently, oh and i can tell a difference in the response and whatnot, only downside is i think i can beat anyone now, pulled up against a golf gti, yeah nah didn't work! haha.

I'll steal someones camera around the house and take a decent photo tomorrow for you, could probably shave off another cm or so from the 90deg hose. it was the smallest autobarn had.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #65
ConradP

Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #66
Turbodiesel
Torquer

I'm not sure about petrol models but there was absolutely nowhere for me to put the intake hose at the front of the car so mine sits behind the passenger side wheel.

Looks good!

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #67
ConradP

Thanks, that's my first time doing anything to my car being a IT student most my life ahah. Right below it is nothing until ground so there seems to be decent flow, The temp has not changed at all if anything it sits just that little bit lower now than it used to, just off dead center.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #68
ConradP

Has anyone had any troubles with insurance since they added mods? I'm not going to do much more than intake and exhaust for performance, then springs and rims and a few cosmetic things.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #69
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP
Has anyone had any troubles with insurance since they added mods? I'm not going to do much more than intake and exhaust for performance, then springs and rims and a few cosmetic things.
Most insurance companies don't have a problem with minor mods being made. If you add a turbo to a N/A petrol car that would be a different story. If you're concerned about it check with your insurance company first but I doubt the sort of mods you're talking about will bother them
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #70
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Most insurance companies don't have a problem with minor mods being made. If you add a turbo to a N/A petrol car that would be a different story. If you're concerned about it check with your insurance company first but I doubt the sort of mods you're talking about will bother them
Just gave them a ring, had to explain what it was to her but seemed all ok, mentioned i was getting a different exhaust put on on the weekend so she had to do some other thing and they will call me back tomorrow, but yeah said all should be well.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #71
ConradP

Found out today that the rims are going to be $1000 per rim delivered, so there goes that idea, anyone know where i could get some RS replicas in 18"? D: i've been looking best i found is a kiwi site.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #72
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Wow...expensive tastes there mate!

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford...els_parts_610/
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #73
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord
Haha, apparently they are genuine racing rims, you could pick it up by your pinky it's that light, guess they aren't for me!

Legit 18" rs rims o.O? I'm confused and excited! But they don't have shipping to aus on their list o.O
Old 07-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #74
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Yep, genuine RS 18's. Plenty of us have bought stuff from Ford Parts UK. Just get in contact with them and get a quote.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #75
HUNTER8

Try EBay Uk for the rims.
Way cheaper than you've been quoted.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:49 AM   #76
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER8
Try EBay Uk for the rims.
Way cheaper than you've been quoted.
Cheers, just waiting for replys if any of them post to australia.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #77
ConradP

Turns out being with budget gets you nothing for a car with a cold air intake, so i'm not with racv, little bit more but oh well, agree'd value instead of market as well so that's a bonus!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #78
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Found out today that the rims are going to be $1000 per rim delivered, so there goes that idea, anyone know where i could get some RS replicas in 18"? D: i've been looking best i found is a kiwi site.
yes, we have a thread on the XR5 forums about these. not sure, but think the total delivered price is about $1200. it's a convoluted process though as the company who sells them only use one particular shipping mob and the price to ship is more than the price of the wheels. so what was organised was for them to be shipped (free within the UK) to dreamscience and they would use their far cheaper shipping company to send them here. downside of that though is you have to pay VAT as they are being delivered within the UK.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #79
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
yes, we have a thread on the XR5 forums about these. not sure, but think the total delivered price is about $1200. it's a convoluted process though as the company who sells them only use one particular shipping mob and the price to ship is more than the price of the wheels. so what was organised was for them to be shipped (free within the UK) to dreamscience and they would use their far cheaper shipping company to send them here. downside of that though is you have to pay VAT as they are being delivered within the UK.
Seems kinda crazy and dumb, I bought the 18" rs rims from ford parks for $1400 shipped all up, so pretty happy, there were some for a little cheaper on ebay but I figured to just stick to a reliable source.

Also does anyone know where I could find a XR5 spoiler? I was looking on ebay, ford parts and euro parts but can't seem to find them unless I just suck at looking.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #80
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

The ST was the UK version of the XR5 ?
If so, then this will be what you're after - http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford...spoiler_48.htm
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #81
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/05-...rear-wing.html

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=461

These ones might fit better.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #82
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This one too: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford...poiler_853.htm
Old 09-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #83
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate what colour you after?? there are a number of guys on the XR5 forums that have fitted RS wings, so maybe you could get one 2nd hand a lot cheaper??

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #84
ConradP

Titanium grey, does a xr5 even come in that colour? If i'm buying new i'll be painting it anyway so might check in there

Cheers Russ, that's the older model one though.

And thanks DZ and In Focus, i don't know how i missed them on there haha!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #85
ConradP

Soo I'm getting my exhaust done tomorrow, i'm getting it done at Performance Exhaust Ringwood and i've heard they do a good job as long as you tell them what you want, i'm 100% sure on what to get, i know 2.25" piping is what i'm after and much more is just excess noise but for the muffler i'm not sure.

http://www.performanceexhaust.com.au/Products.html

These are what they offer and I don't know anynthing about muffler brands can anyone offer suggestions?

I don't want any kind of ricer sound i just want a nice low burble but not a drone while cruising at 60 or 100 or whatever, just something good under acceleration.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #86
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Alrighty, i'll get the front strut still but not the rear, that way i still have a boot!
And do the springs fit? I've got the mk3 ones, mine is a 2010 lx and his is a 2011 lx, both LV though his is just the next model up, mine the mk1 his mk2 in the aussie market. the euro models confuse me a bit.. lol
Handling wise you would be better doing the rear brace & not the front. It would benifit more stffening the rear.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #87
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
Handling wise you would be better doing the rear brace & not the front. It would benifit more stffening the rear.
I'm planning on getting a rear swaybar put in, i'd do a rear strut but then the boot size is halved so don't really want to.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #88
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Quote:
Soo I'm getting my exhaust done tomorrow, i'm getting it done at Performance Exhaust Ringwood and i've heard they do a good job as long as you tell them what you want, i'm 100% sure on what to get, i know 2.25" piping is what i'm after and much more is just excess noise but for the muffler i'm not sure.

http://www.performanceexhaust.com.au/Products.html

These are what they offer and I don't know anynthing about muffler brands can anyone offer suggestions?

I don't want any kind of ricer sound i just want a nice low burble but not a drone while cruising at 60 or 100 or whatever, just something good under acceleration.
I've got a lukey muffler. very happy with the sound, bit of grumble and gurgling. had a redback on my old car and sounded very high pitch and whiney! I went with 2 1/4" also.
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #89
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon the Magnaflow, because it's pretty much straight through. Mine's similar in that it's reversible, which tells you it doesn't have much restriction.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #90
ConradP

Did either of you guys get a tune afterwards? I've heard it can run a bit rich after if you don't get it tuned to go with it