Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #31
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

What a great Hillclimb location!!!!! And great vantage point.

Thanks for posting that. I looked up the Collingrove Hillclimb website and it's very interesting

http://www.collingrovehillclimb.com.au/home/
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #32
FORD5

Yer sorry mate been busy ill try and get a photo up this arvo
FORD5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #33
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

That's one type of motorsport I HAVEN'T sampled as yet. How neat did that ST170 look.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #34
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

There is something about hill climbs that makes me excited. particually Pikes Peak.. Anyway that ST170 takes those corners soo well it almost looks like a slot car.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #35
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Well there are hill climbs and then there are HILL CLIMBS like the mother-of-them-all: Pikes Peak. BTW Get my e-mail with the attachements??

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 16-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #36
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Well there are hill climbs and then there are HILL CLIMBS like the mother-of-them-all: Pikes Peak. BTW Get my e-mail with the attachements??
e-mail???? um? i guess not... :(
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #37
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well here is a picture of my old girl....no longer with us R.I.P

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #38
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Quote: "......no longer with us RIP."

Yeah, and a damn shame too.

Old 17-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #39
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Back on topic, here's something (hopefully!).

Last edited by Fast Eddie; 17-10-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Post did not attach photo.
Old 17-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #40
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Here's a photo of my Focus LR.

Old 24-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #41
RJO89
EuroFordClub

haha Chris those headlights sure look familiar :P. How'd the LED project end up?

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #42
crispymk2

Hopefully picking this up early next week :

Fingers and toes crossed finance goes through... Has GGR CAI, Turbo back 3inch exhaust with 4inch tips and high flow cat, GGR RS dump valve, GGR FMIC kit, and GGR ST300 re-map Performance is truly scary :eclipsee_

Old 01-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #43
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Well, finally got my 18's today - and wow! It feels so much better through curves, and the tyre noise from the OEM tyres is gone!
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #44
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Nice wheels mate. Where did you get them from? what tyres have you gone for?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #45
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Picked them up from tempe tyres. Went with kumho ku31s. Seem ok so far, havnt had the chance or road to try them on!
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #46
photn
AFF Post NAZI

considering i havent been around for a while, here is my input......

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #47
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I see you got the rims painted! Looks nice mate.

Geez I miss it
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #48
skriblz06

my contribution to the thread:

skriblz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #49
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Mint! Very nice skriblz! Love the rims.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #50
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

That's the hottest looking Focus I've seen in a loooooooooong time. Congrats! :
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #51
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

I completely forgot about skriblz's car...what a great looking Focus. If that isn't an inspiration to get coilovers, then I don't know what is! I love the XR5 rear bar and spoiler on it too, and not to mention those rims. Awesome.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #52
skriblz06

Thanks guys!

haven't posted on this forum for a while. not much mods to the car this year. the last thing was the roof spoiler installed in january.

DZFord: the eibach coilovers are really good. feels comfortable driving on them. feels just like stock and not too stiff. would recommend getting a pair. Although the delivery times from european-parts is the downer. took over a month to get here even on the premium delivery service + an extra 300 or so on custom tax
skriblz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #53
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

I just went and dug up your original post about the coilovers, but unfortunately, all the pics are gone. I remember some great pics of the installation etc.

I'd love to get the Eibach coilovers, but they will have to wait. I already got smashed by customs tax when I imported my rims from the UK earlier in the year. How much was installation in the end?

It's great to hear that the coilovers aren't too harsh and the car retains some drivability on the road. Then again, would you expect anything less from Eibach?
Old 24-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #54
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And here is mine after a wash today...my wheels are actually silver again!

Took the car for a great run through the black spur on Sunday - 15km+ of tight corners and hairpins through the forest - and it handled beautifully, even in the wet.
Old 25-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #55
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Quote: "Took the car for a great run though Black Spur....."

Did you actually get a clear run for the 15k's? My one and only chance earlier in the year was spoilt. Can't wait though to get another crack at it if I come down for S.F.S.

Old 25-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #56
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

any more pics DZ?
Old 25-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #57
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SgtBourne, I only took a couple of hurried shots yesterday. Here's another.

Eddie, I got a good run on the way up and a slightly slower but still enjoyable one on the way back. Would highly recommend giving it another shot if you're down for SFS again.
Old 26-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #58
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Hey DZ

Those wheels suit the car so well. How come your tint looks so much darker than mine, when we have the same tint? would it be because my car is black and there is no contrast or would the tint be different on that side of the country...?
Old 26-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #59
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks sumpPUMP. As for the tint, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe different states have different definitions of what is 'darkest legal?'
Old 27-11-2009, 01:58 AM   #60
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

hmm i spose there are different laws state to state. sucks tho