Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 16-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Default BPR CAI - How effective on the turbo 6?

Hey guys, I have been reading and talking to a few people and there seems to be some great word of mouth and threads with happy people for your CAI..

The only thing that struck me was that it is mostly by the V8s rather the the turbos..

From what I can gather, some changes in performance is possible, also induction sound and also the responsiveness of the car is what would be the result of fitting one up.

Is it as worth while on the turbos as the V8s?
Obviously you guys know my car fairly well by now, so let me know if you think I am possibly barking up the right or wrong tree.

Cheers guys-

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Hi Dan, hope you and the F6 are keeping well.

The turbo market for our CAI systems seems to be somewhat limited, in that many people wishing to "up the ante" will require an IC kit and plenum that will take place of a passenger side mounted CAI.

However,

In applications where the factory crossover is retained, the CAI will help the turbo get on step faster, and even better, if the car is fitted with a restrictive exhaust it will help with a little extra boost.

So, in conclusion, if the factory crossover is to be retained, the CAI is a good thing, but the price of the CAI must be taken into account along with all the other products so an all up modding figure is recognised.

Hope I havent confused you too much!!

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Thanks for that Chris; I do wish to keep the factory crossover for the 'mostly stock' look as you know, so this could be a good addition going by what you are saying..

This might be pushing things, but is it a quick fit? I was hoping I could bolt one on at your workshop and see how it goes one day?

PS: is Theo still on holidays? (that lazy b..) haha, take it easy!
Old 17-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
AdamL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks a little like this...

It makes 300rwkw's on 12psi. I'm not after more power than that.
If you want 350+ then a plenum would be the way to go.
AdamL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Is there a pod or panel filter in these?

If the cops were to look around; would this be an issue.. Is it 110% legal?
Old 17-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
AdamL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your car isn't legal now.
If you want it 110% legal then you'll have to get a Nizpro Stage 2 kit with either a full stock exhaust or their new exhaust.

Mine is a Bluepower CAI so there's a pod filter in there.
I'm pretty certain that pod filters are legal if they're covered in.

Last edited by AdamL; 17-07-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 17-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

I only ask as a few weeks back I was driving along Princess hwy (sat night) heading home from a night out in the city, happened to come across a few other nice cars and as we all know, cops love that road. Even though we were doing nothing and we didn't even know each others, 1 police car and 1 bike stopped me and the 2 other cars. They then went over them really closely looking under my bonnet and checking ride height etc.
The only 2 things they mentioned to me after going over my car top to bottom were:
1 - Ride height; I explained my suspension is entirely standard. :
2 - Tread is at its limits; told them I had new tyers are on the way, also mentioned all 4 tyers were worn evenly, not like I was doing burnouts n stuff lol..

Everything seemed fine, but they are really looking a lot closer than they were 2-4years ago with these cars lol.

My car is modded, but as Chris knows and understands I like my car to look fairly standard and not grab too much attention, if I were to pop the bonnet and this CAI looked immediately illegal, then I'd have a problem with it and thats what I am getting at...
Sounds like it is legal, looks fairly stock and is much better! :Up_to_som
Old 17-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
AdamL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, it's a good bit of gear. It looks like it belongs there.
Just so you know though, it will increase induction noise and turbo flutter a lot!
Old 17-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Oh, nice..
Funnily enough I love the induction and turbo noise; but am over exhaust noise on the F6.

On my last V8, I love to hear the exhaust just as much as the induction roar!
Should of kept that car........ oh well lol!