Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

View Poll Results: Have you had any problems with your DSG Auto, Focus or Fiesta?
Had a problem now its fixed by the dealer 11 15.71%
More than 1 promblem with still ongoing issues 13 18.57%
More than 2 promblems with still ongoing issues 11 15.71%
3 or more problems with still ongoing issues 13 18.57%
Never had any issues with my DSG Auto 22 31.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #391
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2011 Ford Focus Sport, Transmission Shudders :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan- View Post
yes. i suspect the reason i did not receive the letter is that i updated my address details with my ford dealer, but i did not separately update them with ford australia. i presumed that the ford dealer would notify ford australia, but they did not. that is my fault, but regardless of that, when i enquired about purchasing an extended warranty, the ford dealer did not tell me that the warranty for the transmission had already been extended.
Bad Dealer!!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #392
g6eturbosam
2011 FORD FOCUS LW TREND

Hi everyone
The website for the class action is now live. Please go to http://www.fordclassaction.com.au and click the link in the body of the article to register your details and show support for the class action against Ford
g6eturbosam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2016, 07:52 AM   #393
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6eturbosam View Post
Hi everyone
The website for the class action is now live. Please go to http://www.fordclassaction.com.au and click the link in the body of the article to register your details and show support for the class action against Ford
Did you see the commission to the lawyer can be upto 40% of your win!! Seems like there is only 1 winner in this!!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #394
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Did you see the commission to the lawyer can be upto 40% of your win!! Seems like there is only 1 winner in this!!

Wasn't that just for the financier? I thought that was plus legal fees.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2016, 09:37 AM   #395
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our Focus is the worst Ford we've ever had; a lovely car spoilt by the gearbox.

It's a heap of rubbish - shudders, hesitant, lagging and noisy.

Been back twice but problems return.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:26 AM   #396
g6eturbosam
2011 FORD FOCUS LW TREND

Mines the same
Old 05-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #397
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

channel 7 Melbourne story on this DSG TRANS.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watc...n-court/#page1

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #398
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan View Post
channel 7 Melbourne story on this DSG TRANS.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watc...n-court/#page1

Ford should sue channel 7. They're showing the wrong car. The current focus is great and doesn't have a dps6.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 01:46 PM   #399
country focus
Country Focus

I have a June 2014 Trend auto that is starting to shudder etc and was wondering if anyone else with that late a model is experiencing the same problems as the earlier ones.Just about due for a service and am going to put it on the list of things to look at but would be interested to see any replies before I take it in.
country focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #400
g6eturbosam
2011 FORD FOCUS LW TREND

Join the class action lawsuit
Old 17-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #401
kelvinyhm
Starter Motor

Transmission parts replaced for 2nd time. Ok for about 6 months. Then it came up slowly again. 2 turning with auto disengage and 1 uphill where it kept its revs for few second (without hitting gas pedal) even with brake on, I told myself I had enough.

Traded in for a Mitsu Lancer EOYS atm. Quality pretty crappy but yeah....no more transmission issue...I started to enjoy driving again!! LOL
kelvinyhm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2016, 08:29 AM   #402
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does the replacement clutch? solve the problem ? my dealer is doing ours today?
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #403
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
Does the replacement clutch? solve the problem ? my dealer is doing ours today?
Depends, sometimes there can be an oil leak or coolant leak that gets on the clutches so that needs to be confirmed and looked at closely as well. Sometimes it can also be driving style as some people drive with two feet and if there is a brake and accelerator input at the same time, even for as split second then it can affect the trans, so some drivers need to be educated.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #404
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Upon replacing the clutches , Dealer found oil leak as you suggested, seems to run just fine now , lets hope it stays that way.....
Old 03-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #405
Alpha_omega
Starter Motor

It looks like my car is due for a clutch/seal replacement, mine is a 2012 focus sport, with about 42000km. Had the shuddering but was not too bad.
I normally don't service the car through the dealer, but had to visit them last December for another warranty issue, and they updated the transmission firmware.

After the update, the car seems to shift at higher revs than before, on flat terrain between 2000 to 3000 rpm, and around hills it shifts around 4000 rpm, this kind of reduced the shuddering episodes.

Recently had about 3 episodes during the span of 6 months, where had check engine light come on and then suddenly when taking off from traffic stops, had the transmission go into limp mode and got the warning "transmission service required" the warnings then went away.

I now have it booked in for next week at the dealer,, let's see what they say now.

One more thing I noted from the video on this thread about the transmission service,
I have also noticed oil seeping from transmission bell housing, which apparently is a tell tale sign of worn seals.
Alpha_omega is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:24 AM   #406
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We also logged the problem with Ford , it enabled us to push the dealer for a better solution
Old 03-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #407
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_omega View Post
It looks like my car is due for a clutch/seal replacement, mine is a 2012 focus sport, with about 42000km. Had the shuddering but was not too bad.
I normally don't service the car through the dealer, but had to visit them last December for another warranty issue, and they updated the transmission firmware.

After the update, the car seems to shift at higher revs than before, on flat terrain between 2000 to 3000 rpm, and around hills it shifts around 4000 rpm, this kind of reduced the shuddering episodes.

Recently had about 3 episodes during the span of 6 months, where had check engine light come on and then suddenly when taking off from traffic stops, had the transmission go into limp mode and got the warning "transmission service required" the warnings then went away.

I now have it booked in for next week at the dealer,, let's see what they say now.

One more thing I noted from the video on this thread about the transmission service,
I have also noticed oil seeping from transmission bell housing, which apparently is a tell tale sign of worn seals.
The issue with the warning light coming on and going into limp mode, sounds more like a TCM (Trans Control Module) concern, not an actual clutch concern. If your vehicle is in the build range, the TCM has a 10 year warranty...
Old 03-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #408
Alpha_omega
Starter Motor

Quote:
The issue with the warning light coming on and going into limp mode, sounds more like a TCM (Trans Control Module) concern, not an actual clutch concern. If your vehicle is in the build range, the TCM has a 10 year warranty...

I thought it could be the TCM, will only know when the codes are scanned, where does it say about the 10 year warranty for this, the warranty extension from ford talked about only the clutch and seals.

I emailed ford and advised them to work with the dealer and they promptly called me up and have assigned someone to follow up on this, they will call the dealer and follow up once they diagnose the fault. (The lawsuit must be making them act extra nice)

Let see how this plays out.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #409
bloosted
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so if your car is out of warranty and you take it to a trans joint is there a fix or not? and how much? cheers
bloosted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #410
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I thought it could be the TCM, will only know when the codes are scanned, where does it say about the 10 year warranty for this, the warranty extension from ford talked about only the clutch and seals.

I emailed ford and advised them to work with the dealer and they promptly called me up and have assigned someone to follow up on this, they will call the dealer and follow up once they diagnose the fault. (The lawsuit must be making them act extra nice)

Let see how this plays out.
If you give me your VIN, I can advise if your vehicle is in the build range of the TCM warranty.. are you the original owner, because if not, you may not have received the letter if the information Ford have is incorrect. From my experience the Ford guys have been great in helping, even before the mention of a law suit.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:48 PM   #411
Alpha_omega
Starter Motor

Quote:
If you give me your VIN, I can advise if your vehicle is in the build range of the TCM warranty.. are you the original owner, because if not, you may not have received the letter if the information Ford have is incorrect. From my experience the Ford guys have been great in helping, even before the mention of a law suit.

The vin is MPB1XXMXB1CT22220

Thanks
Old 03-06-2016, 07:52 PM   #412
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The vin is MPB1XXMXB1CT22220

Thanks
I can confirm your TCM falls under the 10 year warranty extension as well as the 2 year trans oil leak extension. So if it is the TCM at fault it would be covered.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #413
Alpha_omega
Starter Motor

Quote:
I can confirm your TCM falls under the 10 year warranty extension as well as the 2 year trans oil leak extension. So if it is the TCM at fault it would be covered.

Thanks for that, seems to be driving fine for now, so could be TCM, but I will push them to investigate the oil seep around transmission bell housing
Old 23-06-2016, 10:49 PM   #414
dan-

whats the 10yr warranty extension?
dan- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2016, 12:29 AM   #415
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan- View Post
whats the 10yr warranty extension?
Some vehicles get a 10 year warranty on the TCM...
Old 24-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #416
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New news.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...cfb79882a6c5c5
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #417
alokin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
From the article

"Anyone who bought and still owned one of the 22 models was automatically included in the action, the spokesman said."

Does that mean even if you haven't joined the lawsuit you could still get something if the case gets up?
alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2016, 01:36 AM   #418
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mums Focus is now up to clutch number three in 80,000 mostly highway km's, with the last one lasting a whole 15,000km's. Can't fault the dealer though, the fix was quick and simple for us with a loan car provided for mum to drive.

Her extended transmission warranty expires next year according to the letter she received from Ford. Personally, and without anything against Ford, I think it's disgusting that she has been sold a car with a faulty gearbox and in just over a year she'll be left footing the bill to patch a problem there doesn't seem to be a fix for.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #419
Victor1

I have a focus with the same issues,2 clutches replaced in 41000 km.
But I have contacted ford on 13ford and the wonderfully helpful people at ford have given me a fantastic deal on a sync 3 lz sport auto that could not be passed up.Also way better than what the class action could ever hope to provide.
I would strongly advise anyone with ongoing issues to contact ford.
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #420
jacksparrow
Starter Motor

Ford recently offered me a 2016 Focus Trend. They want my faulty shuddery 2012 Fiesta Zetec and $14.000 !! My Fiesta has done 30.000klm, it is going to have 3rd Transmission fitted, by Ford. Still shudders and pig roots ! Not happy with my faulty car or offer!
For interest sake, I was told there is now a different Transmission fitted in the 2016 Focus, that will not have these issues. True ? I would love a quick response if someone could please. Or anyone own one ? So disappointed with Ford :(
jacksparrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post