Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
TimK
Starter Motor

Default WT Mk7 Fiesta Air Con not Cold, only cool

Hi,

I want to know if anybody has come across an issue with their WT Fiesta Air con where it doesn't make the car cold, and only cools the air coming out of the vents.

I have noticed this recently on my WT LX 1.6 TDCi, and the temp here in Melb has only been around 25 degrees. The heater works perfectly, and the aircon de-fogs the window fine.

When the AC is not on, it feels like the air coming out of the vents is warmer than the outside air.

I've also pulled the interior trim off of the centre console/dash, and noticed that both heater core pipes are warm/hot when the temperature control has only been in the cold setting. I'm unable to find any heater circuit diagrams for my car, and thought that there may be a shutoff valve in the coolant circuit, but cannot locate it if it exists, as the hoses come from the thermostat housing straight into the firewall. They then appear to change to aluminium pipes inside the car to the heater core.

Ive also checked the heater blend valve, and the mechanism (on the driver's footwell side) appears to be working fine, and is fully closing.

If anyone can provide any advice on what to check, that would be great, or knows if something I've explained above does not sound like it's working right, can provide some advice.
TimK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
zestyfesty
Starter Motor

Default Re: WT Mk7 Fiesta Air Con not Cold, only cool

Have always found the A/C to be barely adequate frankly. Perhaps it's just the European origins with a cooler climate.
zestyfesty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post