Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #61
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Would love to see you fit that thing down some of the tracks I get through
Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #62
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Well that thing would make its own tracks!

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #63
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeep wrangler Tj or Jeep Cherokee XJ. (the older ones)

Jeep Grand Cherokee if you want pretty good offroad capability, but still a quick car on road. No offroader beats the current 5.7L V8 Hemi in them.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:40 AM   #64
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

TJs aren't bad ... but expensive to upkeep.
Work mate had one ... and it used to get a lot of off-road usage as well.
I actually took a few shots of it at work (when it was clean though).

If i was going to get myself one ... it'd be a GQ Patrol SWB (or equivalent Mav)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #65
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX
Let me know when you wake up from dreamland

Theyre no bigger/slower or harder to see around than a van, which are usually running around with only a driver in it anyway. Actually most 4x4's will outperform family cars and vans in both power and economy AND can be used to get the family out of the house. Maybe even peel your kid's eyes off the TV for a few hours. People have a choice of what they want to purchase, alot of our other choices are being taken from us, why add to the list?
I agree vans are just as bad, people do have choices and its only my opinion i challange your notion that: Actually most 4x4's will outperform family cars and vans in both power and economy i really don't think that is possible.
If i had one they would be awsome.... but really how many times do you really need 4wd? ( note need 4wd not need a 4wd)
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #66
scoupedy

[IMG]300px-Alvis_Scorpion_Light_Tank[/IMG]

Heres one does 50 mph on land and 3.6mph on water **** house economy big, loud and when that peski land cruiser gets bogged in the way you just use the 76mm gun

Last edited by scoupedy; 11-09-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #67
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Clarkson say's Range Rover and we know he is never wrong.
he has also said disco a few times and once bought a 100 series landcruiser which he believed was the best ever, until he sold is two month later.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #68
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy
I agree vans are just as bad, people do have choices and its only my opinion i challange your notion that: Actually most 4x4's will outperform family cars and vans in both power and economy i really don't think that is possible.
If i had one they would be awsome.... but really how many times do you really need 4wd? ( note need 4wd not need a 4wd)

my 1hz powered landcruiser will return 12.5l/100 FULLY loaded with 5 peoples camping gear, big tyres, lift etc. Granted its pretty slow. My mates turbo version ( 1hd-t powered ) moves along very nicely, even when completely loaded and will return better fuel economy than mine , somewhere in the 11's from memory. New turbo diesel prados haul **** and can get under 10l/100 loaded, hilux/navara even lower figures and excellent performance and towing capacity. Why do you think more and more people are buying them? Turbo diesel is the way to go

My partners BA can get down to 8l/100 empty on the highway but uses a hell of alot more when carrying any loads, especially enough gear for a week away with 5 people ( cant be done without having to tow an annoying trailer or worse, a caravan, so which is more of a nuisance on the road? )
Old 18-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #69
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX
my 1hz powered landcruiser will return 12.5l/100 FULLY loaded with 5 peoples camping gear, big tyres, lift etc. Granted its pretty slow. My mates turbo version ( 1hd-t powered ) moves along very nicely, even when completely loaded and will return better fuel economy than mine , somewhere in the 11's from memory. New turbo diesel prados haul **** and can get under 10l/100 loaded, hilux/navara even lower figures and excellent performance and towing capacity. Why do you think more and more people are buying them? Turbo diesel is the way to go

My partners BA can get down to 8l/100 empty on the highway but uses a hell of alot more when carrying any loads, especially enough gear for a week away with 5 people ( cant be done without having to tow an annoying trailer or worse, a caravan, so which is more of a nuisance on the road? )
I get 7.8l/100km on hwy with me snow gear and about 8.9l/100km with four mates all around 100kg with snow gear brisbane to sydney winter 08 around town my last tank was 10.8l/100km and i can drag off every 4wd by about 100m to the speed limit. Your carrying a full chassi extra diff/axles and transfer box. i went in my mates land cruiser the other day and it was so bumpy and uncomfortable (and of coarse slow as) that a could not imagine driving to the snow in it. even my parents x5 is uncomfortable compaired to a normal sedan.
Old 18-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #70
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you want a "normal" sedan, get a sedan. If you want a bit more excitement get a 4x4. Many 4x4s can keep up with most sedans, as has been said. Many are just as comfortable if not more so. Many can do any legal speed limit very safely. So just buy whatever you like. I'm not going to sell my F150 and buy a regular car because some guy on the internet thinks my car is unsafe and uncomfortable. I'm going to sell it and buy a big diesel 4x4 next instead
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #71
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
I'm going to sell it and buy a big diesel 4x4 next instead
Ah. You must mean like this
(sorry 'bout that)

Old 18-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #72
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Ah. You must mean like this
(sorry 'bout that)

schweeeet!!!! I love the ride height!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #73
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Theres a common complaint on "Club Frontier" (Navara forum) that the Aussie guys who bought the turbo diesel D40, wished they got the petrol V6 instead haha, apparently the fuel economy isn't too great on the diesel versions, but hey thats the only issue i've heard with turbo diesel on one particular model.

I'm curious as to if anyone here has a 4.2L F250? What are they like on the juice?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post