Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Jess85

Default Help!

Hey guys I just got home from a drive over town and when i got out of the car noticed that the middle of my rim is gone - the part that hides the wheel nuts. i have an xr4 with the standard rims. Is it hard to replace this part?

Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
FTRXR8

Thats sucks,Its something I fear losing as I have seen a few amiss and they do look bad.

Try your Ford Dealer for a price on a centre cap or Ebay and these forums as someone may have one or a set to spare.
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
FTRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Ebay UK is your friend here, very much cheaper than Ford spares...

Not a good look at unfortunately.

Hope all goes well.
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
FTRXR8

Trawling another forum someone has mentioned Ford replacing two of thiers no questions asked due to being a common fault and falling off.

I guess the thing that could be debated with Ford is that they are a common fault, but they may question wether they have been removed (tyre rotations etc) or there is evident rim damage (gutter strikes etc), I guess it is worth a shot before outlaying the coin to buy new ones.
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
FTRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
Jess85

my partner works at Ford so he rang one of the parts guys (they chad already closed for the day when i realised the cap was missing)..anyway they're gonna order one in and its $75 or something but hopefully bf will get it cheaper
Old 22-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Loads of people lose them, it's a very common problem

A bloke I work with lost a couple on his XR4 within weeks of owning it, he took his car in to Metro Ford in Fortitude Valley here in Brisbane for a totally unrelated matter and while he was there he just mentioned the wheel caps fell off ....

Metro Ford replaced not only the 2 missing ones but also the other 2 which had not yet gone missing under warranty with brand new ones which apparantly are a much tighter fit than the original ones ... well done Metro! ... nice to hear of good customer service from a Ford Dealer for a change!

check these other discussions here on the XR4 centre cap problem ..

http://www.fordfiestaxr4.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=768

http://www.fordxr4.com/forum/index.php/topic,561.0.html
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
Jess85

i just politely informed my partner about people being given replacements under warranty but he said they're not covered or something. im not paying for the cap but its a pain in the ***. i feel like im driving a naked car lol