Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 17-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #121
Fiesta Girl

Odometer 1260km
Indicated fuel usage 7.0l/100km
Actual usage 7.9l/100km

Type of usage: Daily commuter trip of 50km over mostly suburban roads with an 8km section of uninterrupted 80km/hr limit.
Fuel 95RON

Last edited by Fiesta Girl; 17-08-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Fiesta Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #122
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnealo
Repco have got it for $35 again at the moment.
I have three bottles! I got two a few weeks ago thinking it was a rare special, Supercheap then had it on sale and while I was able to resist buying two, I still got one bottle! I might just get ONE more! Haha. Thanks for the heads up!

Did my big trip on the weekend. Confession, I used 98RON all the time. In saying that I averaged 5.4L/100km. That's just hiway driving, aircon on about 1/4 of that and cruise set to 105km. I'm freaking over the moon with it. 645km in a tank of 43L! Amazing!

This is the trip computers findings.
Old 17-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #123
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
I have three bottles! I got two a few weeks ago thinking it was a rare special, Supercheap then had it on sale and while I was able to resist buying two, I still got one bottle! I might just get ONE more! Haha. Thanks for the heads up!

Did my big trip on the weekend. Confession, I used 98RON all the time. In saying that I averaged 5.4L/100km. That's just hiway driving, aircon on about 1/4 of that and cruise set to 105km. I'm freaking over the moon with it. 645km in a tank of 43L! Amazing!

Man you got one hell of a Fiesta!! Which Ford director did you pay?!!
Old 17-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #124
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That or a really dodgy trip computer, which seems to be a growing trend here? I want Fords formular to see how they manage to get their results...
Old 18-08-2009, 03:40 AM   #125
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rapids, definantly uses less fuel than my wifes, But his roads maybe alot better (ie hotmix). I really struggle to get it under 6.0 on most highways but have seen 5.3l/100 inside the city on the freeways however it wouldn't do anywhere near that with the aircon on. Cruising a rough surface highway can often average 6.4l/100. I was expecting mid 5.5s on any kind of road given Fords figures but I'm feeling that they are somewhat of a lie :S. My Friends Honda Jazz makes 5.4 on the same highways that I can't get under 6.0 on at the same speeds. I don't think we could make the trip to Melbourne and back on one tank (700kms) it would get close but I really think we would be out of fuel before we made it back

Last edited by greenfoam; 18-08-2009 at 03:50 AM.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #126
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
IDid my big trip on the weekend. Confession, I used 98RON all the time. In saying that I averaged 5.4L/100km. That's just hiway driving, aircon on about 1/4 of that and cruise set to 105km. I'm freaking over the moon with it. 645km in a tank of 43L! Amazing!

If the 645km is the estimated distance to empty on the trip computer when you refil, and based on my experience that thgere is about 2 litres left when this hits zero, I would estimate you are getting 41/6.45 or about 6.3 to 6.4 L/100km. You meter is reading 14-16% low - similar to my and others experience.

There' nothing wrong with 6.3 L/100 km on the highway, it just not as good as 5.4.
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post