Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 19-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
Naisie

Default Wiring Diagrams

Hi all,

I have just recently bought a 1988 Ford Telstar TX5 Ghia in really good condition and I am trying to put a sound system into it only I am unsure what all the wires are... Would somebody have a stereo wiring diagram that they could email to me at jimmysnay@hotmail.com or post in this forum for me....?

Your help will be very much appreciated..!!!

Thanks
Naisie
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2005, 08:30 AM   #2
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

You still need the diagrams?
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
perthtelstar89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX5 GT
You still need the diagrams?
will the same diagram work for the telstar 89 ghia?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
Iceman

Default Telstar Stereo Wiring

Hi there,

I also have an '88 Telstar and last night decided it's time to ugrade from the original radio cassette player to something a little less prehistoric.

As a result I would love to get my hands on a wiring diagram or just a list of what each coloured wire relates to.

Thanks for you help.

Chris
Old 21-01-2006, 03:17 AM   #5
dirty hands
Over Thinker

no exact wiring diagram for the radio i got a red black wire to the radio on one diagramme there will be a right speaker and a left usually one wire is the same to both speakers - and the output should be a different colour + if its in a wiring loom use the push on wire connectorsthat fold over with a metal bite inside dont cut and splice by the fuse box diagramme the radio is part of the headlamp loom/harness
fuse number 10 a 15 amp .. a bit confusing there is an audio fuse 15 amp on the front of the fuse box near the drivers footwell you could connect up behind that fuse box and run wires to the radio or cd player from there
thats all i have

Last edited by dirty hands; 21-01-2006 at 03:25 AM.
dirty hands is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #6
s36e175
Starter Motor

Question

I have a 94 TX5 (jap import) and the night dash light has gone. All other lighting working fine and the dash lightbulbs seem to be fine.

This model also has a dashlight dimmer on the right of the steering column.

Would be keen to get a wiring diagram and/or tips on what might be causing the problem.

Next step I guess is to pull out the dimmer and put a multi-meter on it, but if I can get a wiring diagram it might save a lot of time.

Thanks, Jim
s36e175 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #7
s36e175
Starter Motor

Turns out my tail lights are out also.
Still really need that wiring layout if anyone knows where I can get one - '94 TX5.
Thanks, Jim
s36e175 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
Jpug
Starter Motor

Default stereo installation in '89 telstar

Gday, i'm in the same boat as Naisie, i have an 89 telstar GL that I want to put a new stereo into but i'm not sure what the colours for the wires are. If anyone has a wiring diagram or just knows which wires are which, it would be very helpful if you could email them to me at pughhome@bigpond.net.au .
Cheers
Jpug is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 05:45 PM   #9
postmanpat
Starter Motor

hi i have a 89 telstar ghia and am looking to put a new head unit in. if some one could please give me some information on what wires to put where it would be much appreciated. if you could send a diagram to hall_way@hotmail.com
thanks
postmanpat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #10
dirty hands
Over Thinker

have a look in the free info on telstars post closest we could find
or try at http://www.mx6.com or a radio wiring --web information site ?

not an easy diagramme to find

next option is trial and error and if some one works it out hopefully they will
make a post about it :baby bott
Old 18-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #11
hydrulictelstar

hahaha i might be able to help if u can help me
hydrulictelstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #12
Phayder
Starter Motor

Hey guys, im new here but i tried to put an alpine head unti into a mates 88 Telstar ghia yesterday. I have all the speakers correctly wired up, but i cant for the life of me figure out which wires the battery and ACC are supposed to connect to. And to make things more complicated, there are 3 wires left from the old wiring, but only 2 left from the plug on the alpine headunit... i think the 3rd wire from the old radio has something to do with the clock in the dash because if its not connected to the battery somehow then nothing works...

Ill get hold of a multimeter this arvo and determine which of the wires are for battery and ACC, but if anyone knows what the hell im supposed to do with this third wire for the clock id be extremely greatful.

Cheers.
Phayder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post