Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 21-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
brownieXR8

Default Brake Upgrade AU III XR8

Hi Matt,

I have Speedy Bullitt's 18x8 on the series 3 XR8, and Speedy inform me that the clearance on these wheels is:
35mm at a 90mm radius from the hub centre to 27mm at a 180mm radius from the hub centre.

They tell me 6 pot Brembo's and 4 pot Brembo / AP Racing won't fit under these wheels.

So I guess my best option now is the 355mm PBR upgrade I've seen mentioned a few times. Can you please let me know what is included in this kit and a price also please, with braided lines if they aren't included?

Could I also get a price on a rear brake upgrade if you think it is worthwhile doing these also?

The car is mostly street driven, but I do like to give it a squirt through the twisties and will do the odd track day in the future too.

Cheers
Brownie

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
brownieXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
brownieXR8

Default Re: Brake Upgrade AU III XR8

Hi Matt,

Just wondering if I could get the info above?

Daniel

Old 29-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieXR8
Hi Matt,

I have Speedy Bullitt's 18x8 on the series 3 XR8, and Speedy inform me that the clearance on these wheels is:
35mm at a 90mm radius from the hub centre to 27mm at a 180mm radius from the hub centre.

They tell me 6 pot Brembo's and 4 pot Brembo / AP Racing won't fit under these wheels.

So I guess my best option now is the 355mm PBR upgrade I've seen mentioned a few times. Can you please let me know what is included in this kit and a price also please, with braided lines if they aren't included?

Could I also get a price on a rear brake upgrade if you think it is worthwhile doing these also?

The car is mostly street driven, but I do like to give it a squirt through the twisties and will do the odd track day in the future too.

Cheers
Brownie
Sory mate i don't know how i missed this.
The PBR 355mm kit we do is still not available because PBR still do not have calipers available but this kit and the 328mm rear kit sold for about $3300 mark and everything included braided lines is included although rear painted calipers and track pads are extra.
I know i have mentioned this before on the forum but we are going to look at making a new front Brembo kit that moves the disc and caliper further inwards to clear more wheels.It is something i have wanted to do before but there is more interest in us doing it now and hopefully the kit will be done soon.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
brownieXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
Sory mate i don't know how i missed this.
No worries, I figured that after a week it had been missed.
I do the same all the time

Quote:
The PBR 355mm kit we do is still not available because PBR still do not have calipers available but this kit and the 328mm rear kit sold for about $3300 mark and everything included braided lines is included although rear painted calipers and track pads are extra.
I know i have mentioned this before on the forum but we are going to look at making a new front Brembo kit that moves the disc and caliper further inwards to clear more wheels.It is something i have wanted to do before but there is more interest in us doing it now and hopefully the kit will be done soon.
Do you have an idea when the Brembo's you're looking at will be available, or when PBR are likely to have the calipers in? I'm guessing the Brembo kit would be a good bit more $'s than the PBR kit too?

What would my other alternatives be in the interim? Obviously they would be smaller, but that mightn't be a real big issue for me. If I were to get into any serious track work then I'd go the whole hog on brakes and find wheels that fit.

Old 30-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
No worries, I figured that after a week it had been missed.
I do the same all the time

Do you have an idea when the Brembo's you're looking at will be available, or when PBR are likely to have the calipers in? I'm guessing the Brembo kit would be a good bit more $'s than the PBR kit too?

What would my other alternatives be in the interim? Obviously they would be smaller, but that mightn't be a real big issue for me. If I were to get into any serious track work then I'd go the whole hog on brakes and find wheels that fit.
Brembo's will get done in between jobs but if you know how much room you need for your wheels to clear the brembo's that would help with what we are doing but i can't say when they will be ready and we have been waiting months for the PBR calipers so no date as yet.
No real alternative than better rotors and pads in the short term but without contradicting myself if all goes well these kits may be ready earlier than expected if stock turns up and we get time to do them so hang off as long as possible if you want to find out about these and keep in touch but i will put them up on the forum as soon as they get done.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 30-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
brownieXR8

Quote:
Brembo's will get done in between jobs but if you know how much room you need for your wheels to clear the brembo's that would help with what we are doing but i can't say when they will be ready and we have been waiting months for the PBR calipers so no date as yet.
No real alternative than better rotors and pads in the short term but without contradicting myself if all goes well these kits may be ready earlier than expected if stock turns up and we get time to do them so hang off as long as possible if you want to find out about these and keep in touch but i will put them up on the forum as soon as they get done.
No worries mate. I want to do something sooner rather than later, but don't need them urgently.

If you look in my first post, that has the clearances supplied by Speedy on these wheels. Hope that gives you something to work from.

Old 30-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
No worries mate. I want to do something sooner rather than later, but don't need them urgently.

If you look in my first post, that has the clearances supplied by Speedy on these wheels. Hope that gives you something to work from.
Sorry but those measurements don't work for us.I am looking (as we speak) into alloy hats that will push the roor further inwards so cross your fingers.

Phone 02 9609 1101