Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-08-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default Side mirror gone......

Bugger.... I had a nice gap to enter.... but as i was merging the **** hole in some $h!t box Toyota Corona accelerated.... so at the last minute i down changed and tried to make it (as the parked ute was getting VERY close) but instead, i clipped the mirror and it SLAMMED against the window and broke. Anyways,

Its going to cost me $220 for the mirror and about $75 to be fitted... the cover (Aquarius colour coded) is damaged, but im not paying more at this time to get colour coding done, as it comes in black... so ill just fit the slightly scratched one and keep the black one for the future. Anyone know who can buff out slight scratches on the window?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Window scratches? Ooh, Not nice, I think you can buy Window scratch clearer meguiars or something. Search round you should find it at any automotive store.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

You poor poor thing. Looks like the fez is a disaster magnet for you. Um wouldnt have a clue how to fix it tho
Old 10-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Window scratches = pain in the ****.
How deep are they?? can you feel them if you rub your fingernail over them? if you can there not leaving.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
You poor poor thing. Looks like the fez is a disaster magnet for you. Um wouldnt have a clue how to fix it tho
Disaster magnet? Your the one that has had a rear end impact... In 13000km and almost 1 year, ive broken a mirror. Im so happy! Our previous cars got killed in the first 3 months of ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Window scratches = pain in the ****.
How deep are they?? can you feel them if you rub your fingernail over them? if you can there not leaving.
Not really.... Its more just white!... very small scratches.... but there.... If i had the window open, there wouldnt be any scratches, but im sure it would have flown inside! lol

Minimal damage... i just need the Triangle part attached to the car, and the mirror glass itself.... BUT they come ONLY in a set.... so looks like im forking out $219 for a whole new mirror (without colour)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 10-08-2005, 08:13 PM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

[QUOTE=Teki04]Disaster magnet? Your the one that has had a rear end impact... In 13000km and almost 1 year, ive broken a mirror. Im so happy! Our previous cars got killed in the first 3 months of ownership!
QUOTE]

True, but not my fault i got rear ended. Thats the only disaster ive had so far. I wouldnt complain.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:14 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hehehhehehehhehe.... anyone seen an aquarius zetec parked around? The mirror cover takes 3 seconds to remove........

And yea... but mine isnt a magnet yet... both our other cars had heaps of accidents in the first year, NONE of them our fault (one time the car was parked and incurred $12000 in repairs!)

Old 10-08-2005, 08:17 PM   #8
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

by disatser magnet i ment ur have a few problems with the fez.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

oh, right.... but all covered by warranty. Only issues i have at the moment is the bulb in the headlight switch sometimes not working...... and the occasional knock coming from somewhere!

Old 10-08-2005, 08:44 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yeah as you said, youll only be able to buy the whole mirror assembly. Just take it to a panelbeater, it'll only cost about $50 to paint and fit so for that price you may as well get as good as new again.

Window scratches can be difficult to get out, hit it with the Meguiars Glass Cleaner First and if that doesnt take care of it, a trip to Windscreens OBrien or similar may be in order to see whether it can be buffed out.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:29 PM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Itl cost sweet bugger all to paint one mirror cover.

I know of this guy who works for pauls warehouse, he owns a auto aquarius hatch. I say take his mirror covers.

LoL damo ;) jk buddy
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 11-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

That great, just plaster the name of where i work, next thing i will be getting dodgy phone calls for shoes. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
That great, just plaster the name of where i work, next thing i will be getting dodgy phone calls for shoes. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Like Mitch's dodgy phone call?

Umm.... Zetec rims for sale, anyone? Came from a Blue Zetec Aquarius... also GT Stripes on offer.... pm me

Old 11-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04

Umm.... Zetec rims for sale, anyone? Came from a Blue Zetec Aquarius... also GT Stripes on offer.... pm me
Id like the engine from it, is it available? :
Old 11-08-2005, 07:50 PM   #15
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
What you Fiesta drivers do in your own time really should stay in your own time! ;)

: : py: :

Timmeh!
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #16
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Man should that sutff be on here, this is a family forum after all ;)

teehehehe

Chris
Old 12-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #17
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

what the?? what dodgey phone call... what are you nobs on about :| :|

Loads of fun :
Old 12-08-2005, 06:58 AM   #18
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

You're obviously still in denial...

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery!

: : :

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 03:14 AM   #19
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

what what? :| im completely confused? what did i do this time?

Loads of fun :