Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-09-2021, 01:25 AM   #1
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default LPI Dual Fuel Cleaveland Tuning

Video runs for 37:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sa9Ffwb9xQ
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 08:19 AM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: LPI Dual Fuel Cleaveland Tuning

That was impressive, it's good to see a very experienced Ford Australia engineer working his magic now in the aftermarket, I love watching that guy explain things, he is so passionate.

LPG is like witchcraft and a tightly held secret amongst those in the know, this is probably the most information publicly available I've seen on LPG.

Those LPG injectors really are power hungry bastards, it's putting a huge amount of electrical load on the EMS, no wonder they left it at 8 injectors, still 389KW at the wheels on a fuel that costs 82 cents/L and is cleaner out the exhaust pipe is epic.

I feel like using LPG in my BBQ is an absolute waste of a good fuel
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #3
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really feel like the Automotive industry is missing something with LPG.
we plugged away with aftermarket systems at a cost but it was only the last Falcons that had a proper system, even then it could have been better. an engine designed from scratch for LPG was never made.
All this drive to improve the environment, and we had a clean fuel to offer for little cost
the mind boggles
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #4
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about this performance upgrade on this Duramax - warning its a cheesy vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay1VlDfT334

PS they also had to do a trans upgrade to handle the power so its big $$$
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 12:54 PM   #5
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
we plugged away with aftermarket systems at a cost but it was only the last Falcons that had a proper system, even then it could have been better. an engine designed from scratch for LPG was never made.
All this drive to improve the environment, and we had a clean fuel to offer for little cost
the mind boggles
What I am not happy about is Ford DeTuned the ECOLPI.
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2021, 01:05 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
the mind boggles
My opinion on the matter was the damage was done by the automotive aftermarket with dodgy conversions, old 1940s mixer ring technology with poor performance, backfiring then the few people with an understanding have done their best to keep information out of public domain.

By the time Ford Australia and also Holden came out with factory setups, particularly Holden SVI setup and Ford EcoLPI, it was too late, the damage was done, LPG became known as backfiring, slow, smelly ****boxes and it's difficult to change public perception.

It's like the USA and their hatred of diesel.
6 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 11:40 PM   #7
sr71

Longest Youtube I’ve ever watched. But gotta say, very informative. I’m impressed how the programming is done, running LPG and Petrol at the same time. Dual fuel keeps the option of LPG daily driving (until you need that extra 200kW) , as the availability continues to dwindle. Great option for repowering a classic.
Anyone know what that package would be worth? As tested-Long Motor, Fuel tanks, Motec, Tune Costs etc
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2021, 11:56 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71 View Post
Longest Youtube I’ve ever watched. But gotta say, very informative. I’m impressed how the programming is done, running LPG and Petrol at the same time. Dual fuel keeps the option of LPG daily driving (until you need that extra 200kW) , as the availability continues to dwindle. Great option for repowering a classic.
Anyone know what that package would be worth? As tested-Long Motor, Fuel tanks, Motec, Tune Costs etc
I'm saying no less than $75,000.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2021, 12:15 AM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71 View Post
The significant torque increase down low on LPG was good too over straight 98, it was a very noticeable difference on the graph.
Old 18-09-2021, 08:11 AM   #10
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Watching the Bus Grease Monkey on the tube, he likes to upgrade some of the old Greyhound coaches 6 71 NA Detroits diesels using gas injection to make them climb better in the mountains.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: