Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Maryborough Ford Car Club > Maryborough Ford Car Club - General Discussions

Old 25-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
fpvpower

Default need 4 speed

Hi guys i got this need, the need 4 speed, but as usual there is no where to go here in maryborough you either have to drive 4 hours nth or sth to get to a skid pan or drag strip we need some thing here or bundy, you go for a drive around the streets or just out of town and there are burnouts everywhere.
we need something to get it off the streets. what do you guys think.

(THE GT GOT THE NEED 4 SPEED)

fpvpower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

more like you have the need to spped and the gt controls it for you lol , i agree with you their henry
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
vayney70
GT COBRA

i agree with you henry if we had a motor sports complex here i would be there all the time they have been talking about one for the last probably 10 years or more which they were talking about building on churchill mines rd when it finally happens its is from what i hear going to have the speedway, burn out pad , drag strip and motor carna stuff but its all talk at the moment when it finally happens we will be to old to use it unless you want to drag your gopher scooters down the quarter

paul
vayney70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Totally agree Henry. The police say they are doing all they can to stop hooning but I don't see anything being done. If the money raised from fining hoons went straight into making a safe and legal place to do it we would be set.
I have a friend involved in the speedway, I asked him about the possibility of myself and some mates using the burnout pad there. He said it takes a lot of time and money involved in making it happen. There needs to be track marshalls, ambulance, scruteneers all there and there needs to be a permit issues, I think from council. He also said that after receiving complaints from neighbours the last time they had a burnout comp there, they have decided not to do it again.
It really does make it difficult for those of us that want to have fun and don't want to break the law.
Old 27-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
fpvpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayney70
i agree with you henry if we had a motor sports complex here i would be there all the time they have been talking about one for the last probably 10 years or more which they were talking about building on churchill mines rd when it finally happens its is from what i hear going to have the speedway, burn out pad , drag strip and motor carna stuff but its all talk at the moment when it finally happens we will be to old to use it unless you want to drag your gopher scooters down the quarter

paul
Yeah i have heard that to paul but not alot happening, i think you might be right, look out for me on my supercharged gopher scooter in 20 years But thats no bloody good to us now, you know what i reckon the air strip would be spot on : what u reckon
Old 27-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
fpvpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Totally agree Henry. The police say they are doing all they can to stop hooning but I don't see anything being done. If the money raised from fining hoons went straight into making a safe and legal place to do it we would be set.
I have a friend involved in the speedway, I asked him about the possibility of myself and some mates using the burnout pad there. He said it takes a lot of time and money involved in making it happen. There needs to be track marshalls, ambulance, scruteneers all there and there needs to be a permit issues, I think from council. He also said that after receiving complaints from neighbours the last time they had a burnout comp there, they have decided not to do it again.
It really does make it difficult for those of us that want to have fun and don't want to break the law.
Hi mick you would think the police would try and do something like they do up nth and down sth wear they set things up like drags & skid pan were it is supervised by police. If you have a look at the show ground were thay got that big car park, reseal that and that could be a car park and a (motorcarna) skid pan or do something with the road or track thay use for weels on wide bay. Because a lot of the hooning happens from thursday to about sunday, So if something was on a friday night or saturday or sunday. Even if they let people know that they are raising money for a sporting facilities so we can do this. But no thay dont tell you s#*t.
Old 28-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

i hear ya there Henry, a safe controlled environment would be a great idea tovent some pent-up frustrations. there is apparently a skidpan somewhwere south of gympie, but i think it's more a wet track/ driver training style of set up.

ofcourse the other option is to build up a cheap circuit racer and do some of the wheels on wide bay type events. as well as the Maryborough event, there is the Leyburn sprints, and the Pittsworth sprints (these are both out Toowoomba way though).

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Ymir

We're looking into having a Club day at the skid pan - REALLY looking forward to that.

However, whilst you'll egt lots of support for the track idea on forums like this, how much support is there for it in the local community? How do we get a venue? Politicians and the political agenda. How do politicians decide on things like this? Public opinion. What is the public opinion of a venue (even though it's naive)? "We don't want all those hoons around here, it encourgaes people to be hoons etc etc etc.

Cheers
Old 28-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #9
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

yep it's the same old 'not in my backyard' argument. while some of us love nothing more than hooning around like P platers, the general public just don't appreciate it.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #10
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

really us club members in maryborough and in the wide bay dictrict and p laters ! would their be enought support form the community for a project like this how may time would you go on it ! really would all the other mummy and daddies and family people would support such a good idea , i think not, so i think that they would never do it at then end of the day it is making money for the transport department or the government, i hope the people in the community will get behind up bur i dont think they will
Old 01-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
fpvpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir
We're looking into having a Club day at the skid pan - REALLY looking forward to that.

However, whilst you'll egt lots of support for the track idea on forums like this, how much support is there for it in the local community? How do we get a venue? Politicians and the political agenda. How do politicians decide on things like this? Public opinion. What is the public opinion of a venue (even though it's naive)? "We don't want all those hoons around here, it encourgaes people to be hoons etc etc etc.

Cheers
I hear where your coming from Greg, you only have to go to the speedway and the Wheeles on Wide Bay to see that the community enjoy their motor sports, of course no matter where you have events like this there are always going to be the whingers about noise and the likes but i still think that given the support at the above mentioned events, that things like a skid pan, burnout pad ect would get the local community behind it.

And about the club having a run to the gympie skid pan Greg, i know nothing about it so could you fill me in on whats going on please. :
Old 04-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Hey guys, as most of you know, I know our local member Chris Foley pretty well. I brought this up with him the other day as I know that he likes loud engines and tyre smoke and other such things(his harley has over 200hp!). He said that there is a huge motorsports complex planned for Churchill Mines rd and that he is a big fan of the idea. He also said that it is many years away.
He is a big fan of allowing people to use the airport for skids and drags but the council isn't keen. He also supports the idea of the skid pan at the speedway, but the speedway don't use that because it's too expensive.

I just wish I had millions of dollars so I could throw it at projects like this. I really like skids and driving fast but I also like keeping my license and not killing kids.

As for the skid pan, there is nothing definate planned other than we really want to go and will do at some stage. (to the best of my knowledge)
Old 04-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #13
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

no waity ! did you sell the xf ! now we want pics of the fairlane
Old 04-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #14
Ymir

Skid pan - agreed to in principle. Need someone to do the leg work and organise it.

NC Fairlane pics - don't be a party pooper - get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics get some pics

Cheers
Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #15
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

oh, so not an e-series this time? must be as close as you could get huh?

it's not red or pink is it?

Old 05-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #16
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

how awesome is this our maryborough ford car club is going off atm so many things happening at the moment , i find this awesome
Old 05-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #17
Ymir

Yes, it seems that we're going from strength to strength at the moment. Nice.

Cheers