Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 18-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
Quinsta
Starter Motor

Default 86 TX3 new fuel Pump

Hey guys, after my car has been sitting around for the last 8 years, not getting much use, i have got it back on the road and going..!. The other week i had it stop on me in town and would not start again, after towing it home i managed to get the fault back to a dead Fuel Pump.. so i got a replacement, brand new. installed it and away we go.. everything is working good. On the weekend (Saturday)i took it out for a drive but found it hard to start, car turned over for about 3-5 seconds before firing up, didnt think too much of it, then on Sunday i did the same and it took slightly longer to start, ( Whilst running or turning off then back on the car goes fine) its just these long "off" periods that seem to affect it. Im picking that the Fuel rail isnt staying charged while the car is off and the fuel is siphoning back to the tank, the only lines that i took off were the ones around the pump itself, i will be taking the pump back out this weekend to check the lines inside and out, but is there anything else i need to check or should be looking for. Or is there a different problem all together..?
Cheers Dan

Quinsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Quinsta
Starter Motor

Default Re: 86 TX3 new fuel Pump

Righty ho, quick update to this issue, i pulled out the whole kit on the weekend, to adjust the fuel level gauge, put it all back together... left the pipes off and quickly cranked the motor, got a splutter from the pump outlet, then reconnected that hose and cranked again to get the flow thru to the tank return, then reconnected this pipe and tightened every thing up... so far have had no issue with the starts, all seems to tick over within a couple of cranks..! Happy Chap..!
Quinsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: