Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
RedStar71

Default My Fiesta Interior Mods

I mentioned to Danny about my gear surround but I didn't have pics so here are a few that show it and the metal door handles I added. These are all parts you can get at your local dealership and are from the Ghia model here in Australia.

Cheers

Jason

Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 11:57 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Not much difference is there? Part from the fact that my interior is much cleaner than yours redstar!! LOL

Might pick up the ghia surround when i get the chance sometime soon but it isnt really all that different, Mines just all coated in silver rather than just the slanty bit....

As for the door handles. Mine already had them. I was under the impression that all fiesta's (or fieste if we are to be correct in spanish) sold in OZ had the silver handlage? Let me know.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 12:25 AM   #3
RedStar71

Yeah I thought it looked a bit dirty but the flash exagerated it a bit. The car is very clean inside just some dust in some areas. But don't forget my Fiesta is about a year older than yours Danny!
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:50 AM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey RedStar...do you have the Part number for that silver surround???

Danny... in regards to silver handles.. only the Zetec and Ghia have them... and only we have the Stalk for the Audio... Only interior differences appart from the trim

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 10:18 AM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

One thing that really gets me is that you guys get leather wheels as standard. Buggers!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Aust, you're only looking around the $100 mark from memory for a new leather wrap on your wheel from any local supplier, I'm about to get a new one in 2 tone grey and black.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

You tell me this AFTER i got the optional leather wheel : It looks really nice in the box, gotta get round to getting it fitted still.......... :
Old 04-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

I cant wait to get that chubby one thats in the upcoming fiesta facelift
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

lol @ aust, that thing collecting dust eh?!!
Old 05-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
lol @ aust, that thing collecting dust eh?!!
The box is nicely placed in my room, alongside the car kit that is yet to be fitted (but thats going in on wednesday). 45km service is due soon, ill get them to put it on then.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #11
RedStar71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Hey RedStar...do you have the Part number for that silver surround???
Teki04 here is the details for the surround:
Total price was $47.95 from my Dealership (included delivery from Melb).
Part Number: 2S61 A17314AASMB1
Cheers

Jason

Old 25-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #12
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

hey guys how much did the silver handles cost ya??
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 02:33 AM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

silver handles are stock on the Zetec.... No one has bought them for an LX yet i dont think. Hey Jason, i got a quote the other day, $38 for the bezel from Melb.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 26-07-2005, 09:50 PM   #14
Tripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
silver handles are stock on the Zetec.... No one has bought them for an LX yet i dont think. Hey Jason, i got a quote the other day, $38 for the bezel from Melb.
Redstar71 has an LX with the silver interior door handles... read his signature at the bottom of each post! :yeees:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripe
Redstar71 has an LX with the silver interior door handles... read his signature at the bottom of each post! :yeees:
... : ...

Old 28-07-2005, 06:08 AM   #16
RedStar71

Yep I fitted the metal handles to my LX to upgrade the interior. Took a bit of work too! Had to pull the entire plastic door skin off to get to the mechanism fully. But well worth it. The handles were $53 a piece.
About to get my ST wing as well in the next two weeks! Cannot wait! And I am also getting the complete trim for the ST leather seats. The rears will be a straight fit but the front seats will need to be worked on to fit. That will look and feel great!
Cheers

Jason

Old 29-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #17
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

ok so guess u cant just pop out the actual handle on its own and fit a new silver one.Is it the entire oval that is replaced and not just the handle?Its not too hard to get the door out ive done it before just fiddling around checking the audio. Wouldnt mind upgrading the interior, the silver handles and gear surround look classy. cheers
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #18
RedStar71

Hi Chown
Yep you get the handle and the oval part. I did one door without pulling the door skin off but it was really hard and I fluked getting the cable that actuates the handle in right. If you pull the whole door skin off you can do it easily.
Cannot wait now till I get my ST metal (look) door pulls that will really give the car a sporty/classy feel!

Old 19-08-2005, 05:39 PM   #19
0xyg3n

I have the new focus gear knob

Part# AM3M5J7J132AC
Cost $88.80

Fits perfectly on the shifter. One little problem is on the rubber boot it has a little lumpy part that the old shifter lined up with so that side sticks out a little bit more but its not all that noticeable. The silber finish is a little darker then the original knob. Once I find the left over black leather from my last car I'll make a leather boot for it.

Edit I forgot the mention it sits about half an inch lower :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00014.jpg (39.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg dsc00015.jpg (63.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg dsc00012.jpg (65.9 KB, 62 views)
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 08:52 PM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Still no leather stitching.... but nice none the less! Quicker gearshifts now? lol

Old 20-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #21
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

LOL @ teki, you ricer... :P jk
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 02:16 AM   #22
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
LOL @ teki, you ricer... :P jk
Oh i know.... next mod is stickers! :sm_headba

Old 20-08-2005, 08:25 AM   #23
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Ive got stickers, but aint no rice bowl.
Old 20-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #24
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Interior mods

lmao, im sure teki wasnt having a stab at you mista.
oi guys im really looking foward to this next cruise. get to see all yo homiez again.

Heres a pic of all of us from the last cruise. enjoy
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 20-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #25
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Was gonna get a huge PIONEER sticker for the front windscreen, but saw it on a lowrolla and thought HELL NO.
Old 20-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #26
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Was gonna get a huge PIONEER sticker for the front windscreen, but saw it on a lowrolla and thought HELL NO.
dont you have a pioneer sticker on the front????

And... on the interior modding, a local dealer has spent (so he told me) $2000 on leather for the fiesta.... looks HOT!!!!!!!!!

Old 20-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #27
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

thats fairly reasonable...
i got a quote for a retrim in nice black leather and red st look alike material.

Each front seat, 500 bucks.. back seat 1000 bucks. soo 2 grand aswell

Loads of fun :
Old 20-08-2005, 11:29 PM   #28
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
thats fairly reasonable...
i got a quote for a retrim in nice black leather and red st look alike material.

Each front seat, 500 bucks.. back seat 1000 bucks. soo 2 grand aswell
What about the front doors? lol

Old 21-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #29
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

front door trims would only be 100 bucks each at most. im doing them soon in black leather myself. im slowly going to do bits and pieces myself. already done inside door handles and handbrake. its good fun

Loads of fun :