Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-08-2005, 02:34 PM   #1
Tripe

Talking Shocking, Bloody Shocking!!!

:hihi:

What a dramatic Title! lol. Just wondering if anyone else gets a huge electric shock when they exit their Fiesta's??

I've never known a car to be so damn electrifying. Sometimes I think my finger has been blown off from the electric shock! lol. And it happens everytime, no matter how long you have been sitting in the car or even if I'm wearing an all cotton ensemble :nutsycuck

I was thinking of getting one of those strip things that run under the car and touch the ground, they look so stylish and would really match my mud spats... NOT! :

Any other ideas on how I can stop this shocking behaviour would be good. Maybe I could harness the electricity and channel it back into a small fan on the dash as they are quite stylish also... NOT! :

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

same deal with mine although i put it down to wool car seat covers

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

hahahah i thought i was the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got in a bad habbit, i only close my door from the very top edge. theres like a plastic looking cover over the area. and i get shocks everytime, but i cant get outa the habbit to close it from somewhere else..
I get weird looks from people actualy. especialy in busy parking lots.

hop outa the car tons of people walking past, close the door, get shocked and then yelp ''oh ''

sometimes its a very mild shock, other times you think zeus is starting world war three with you
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

I used to get it in my EF constantly, but strangeley enough, not from the Fez..

Just make sure you close the door by putting your hand on the plastic bit, dont touch any metal bits. Otherwise youll have to get the hanging rear bumper strip HAHAHHA Niiiice.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

someone censored my post!!!!!!! ''yelp, oh shi7"
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 19-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #6
RedStar71

Yep all the time. Nasty shock too!
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #7
0xyg3n

Yes I get zaped too.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #8
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nop i havent got shocked yet :p
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The way to avoid the shock (I think due to wind in the colder months it builds up, you don't notice it in summer when the air has a higher humidity for some reason.

When you get out, rest a hand on part of the metal work and still seated, place a foot on the ground to earth your body, that way when you stand up, the static from the bodywork has somewhere to go and travels through the bodywork into the ground withouth zapping you.

Try the following for info...
http://www.autotrader.com/research/s...o&restype=used
Old 19-08-2005, 08:49 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I GET IT ALL THE TIME! Bloody fez seeking revenge on me for punishing it! But oh well... i just put my fingers on the plastic part on the top of the door, near the window. And yes, ive had zaps so big that i actually saw the white spark!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 10:06 PM   #11
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec

When you get out, rest a hand on part of the metal work and still seated, place a foot on the ground to earth your body, that way when you stand up, the static from the bodywork has somewhere to go and travels through the bodywork into the ground withouth zapping you.
age=safetyinfo&restype=used[/url]

I'm glad I'm not the only one, bloody thing always zaps me, I've got into the habit of doing this, especially after seeing huge sparks late one night. (well they looked huge, maybe they were'nt that big but damn its annoying)
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #12
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Didn't you know the name Zetec is actually a Homonym for the sound of the Static Arc that leaves the upholstry.

And no Homonym is not a gay reference.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 10:30 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I imagine if getting an electric shock is a standard inclusion in the Fiesta, I sure hope no-one with a pace maker gets into a fiesta. Could be nasty
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 12:24 AM   #14
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lol, that could be part of the new fiesta marketing campaign...

''Step into the all new german Fiesta, it is truely a heart stopping experience''

Loads of fun :
Old 20-08-2005, 12:33 AM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm you think thats static lol. Work at the drycleaners and when you take out a load with all the static charged clothes.

One time i was pulling out a load and there was a bunch of coathangers above my head. My head touched the coathangers and i literally made me jump. It hurt something awful.

I also get that static gettin outta the car courtesy to my plasticy trackies. Just be sure to discharge it at the petrol station lol.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #16
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Shocking!!!!!! Bloody Shocking!!

so lets get the story line right.....

we driving along :eclipsee_ ..... we see a good parking spot
:sm_drool:

we get out of the car :
were happy we got a good spot :
we laugh at everyone that got the shi77y spot next to the trolley bay :thebirds:

then Zeus casts his judgement on us when we attempt to close the door :gren:

Bloody germans

Loads of fun :
Old 20-08-2005, 03:43 PM   #17
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha that cracked me up mitch
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 11:13 PM   #18
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

hahah agreed! i think the problem is that the car is unhappy with having a 1.6 L.... maybe i should try to convince my dealership that the car would be happier with a new focus engine in it

Loads of fun :