Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #1
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Smile My Howl frustrated the Ford mechanic....

Finally got around to taking my car back to Ford to get this mysterious knocking sound looked at. The sound was coming from the rear left (as I have mentioned before).

About six months ago drove by the ford place and dropped in to ask if they could have a quick look. They originally thought it was the sparewheel. So they tightened it up and sent me on my way. As soon as I went over the bumps the knocking sound was still there.

About two weeks ago I took the spare out and all the bits and drove the car but still got the knocking sound. So booked it into Ford (today).

The poor buggers pulled out the entire suspension on the back left and put it back together again. But it still knocked.

They then took out everything out from the back of the front seats (rear seat and everything else in there). But it still knocked. The guy reckons it has be something to do with the rear seat.

Went in to pick up the car and was told it has something to do with the back seat. They are not sure of what it is but they were putting it back together so I could take it and I will have to rebook it back in.

It was about a 30 min wait and the guy came in and said I think I have found the problem. It is not the seat but the splash guard in the wheel arch. He had taken it off so asked me to check if that was the knocking sound when I took the car. So I left with no splash guard and no knocking sound
:

Now I know that there is someone on here who has the same problem as my Howl did. And the problem can be easily fixed. But I really do pity the poor bugger who had the job of finding the knocking sound.

ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
GROOV3
Rollin

yeah i got the same problem. so have they just left the slash guard off ? or done something to it.
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

They are ordering another one in so at the moment driving around without the splash guard..
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Poor mechanic!
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 11:34 AM   #5
marcosambrose

Thats what he gets paid for! poor guy though i know the feeling when you try so hard to fix something when the fix is so simple.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 02:21 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Good on them for finding it though! Great feeling when a problem is solved like that!