Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-08-2005, 01:41 AM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default Pedders...

I went today to Pedders today... and got quoted $500 to lower the car 1.5 Inches, with wheel balance included. What do you all think? This is Sports Ryder Suspension by the way....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 02:23 AM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Pedders are over priced, they did my old car (great job but too costly), so I wont be takin it to em this time unfortunately.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 04:16 AM   #3
RedStar71

$500 aint too bad!
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #4
Built2redline

i wouldnt trust pedders, i did last time with me ba ute and have had nuthing but problems with clunking and squeaking, i took it to whiteline susp. and they asked why the job as done like that, and who had done it.

it turns out that pedders had reset my leafsprings and added a commodore leaf to the back placed it all on nolathane insulating rubbers and the bits that stop the leafs from touching eachother were old and used, not to mention the diff had moved because they hadent tightened the leafs enough out: out: out:

so its a big NO from pedders from me
Built2redline is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Anyone had anything GOOD done from pedders?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 10-08-2005, 10:52 AM   #6
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Is this for springs and shocks? If so thats not bad. I bought lowered sports ryder springs for about 120 a pair with Railway discount and put them in myself. So cost me $240 to lower properly without shocks.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:31 PM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
they did my old car (great job but too costly),
That answer your question. The job they did was awesome. That big Falcon handled like a knife, could be thrown ANYWHERE. They did a great job but at the money they want at the moment I can't afford it, and Donnelans in Box Hill will lower my car for $340.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh ok.... awesome.... i might get it then! Btw, just springs, not shocks. Im gonna see if i can get $450 cash....... just maybe

Old 10-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #9
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

They quoted me $965 to lower my car, i said no way
Old 10-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #10
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Had 2 cars lowered with pedders gear, great job both times, handling & ride great.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:49 PM   #11
GROOV3
Rollin

all the pedders red sports riders are monroe gts

but if your just getting springs they are about $140 a pair normaly and fitting rears is like a 20 min job if that. fronts are where it takes longer

i woudnt pay much more than maybe 400 maybe 450 from pedders cause you know your paying the extra for them to paint every thing red lol

just go to any where that sells king springs and get them to do it
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

I have a price from Pedders to drop the Focus for $250. That price is for me to supply the springs, them to fit, do full check on suspension (dont need it but may as well if they chuck it in for nothing), as well as wheel alignment.

So if you wanna do it, Id suggest supplying your own springs.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

anyone know roughly how much i could buy a set of springs for that arnt a really harsh ride (fiesta is already borderline harsh) and what brand.
Thinking roughly a 35mm drop
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 AM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I have a price from Pedders to drop the Focus for $250. That price is for me to supply the springs, them to fit, do full check on suspension (dont need it but may as well if they chuck it in for nothing), as well as wheel alignment.

How much do springs cost?! I was quoted $150ish i think...so my fitment is costing me about $150ish.... dunno why your paying $250!

Old 11-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #15
Al...

Mitch, Instead of changing your springs , get your ones reset... Allsprings (jumbos) at moorebank in Sydney quoted me $300 for 35mm lower drive in drive out
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 06:33 PM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al...
Mitch, Instead of changing your springs , get your ones reset... Allsprings (jumbos) at moorebank in Sydney quoted me $300 for 35mm lower drive in drive out
Reset? Is that like heated and compressed?????

Ill get the pedders soon.... hopefully in 1monthish.... Just forked out $300 for a new mirror..... so i just wanna get half of that back first!

Old 11-08-2005, 06:48 PM   #17
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
How much do springs cost?! I was quoted $150ish i think...so my fitment is costing me about $150ish.... dunno why your paying $250!
Mine includes wheel alignment and the suspension setup on a Focus is a little different to a Fez.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #18
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

im supplying my own springs to peddars and they are installing them for $175 inc alignment,but im also getting the lower bushes and sway bar bushes replaced for 190(quote) so for me its an expensive project where the parts are costing $50 and labour $320 :
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 07:20 PM   #19
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:

Interesting. I had my suspension on my old EF done by Pedders in Wagga and when I first got the car back, it was higher than when I left it there! I laughed! They corrected it, but far out, I was amused that they would tell me its done when it was riding at about three inches of ride height. I wanted it lower! Sure taught me to be wary of who to get your car done through.

:monkes:

I had mine lowered 25mm by Pedders in Newcastle, cost me $350 supply and fit and aligned in my Focus, and it's great. The handling is superb, really sharpened up the ride. It makes no noise at all, no clunks, no nuthin. I would have liked it lower, but I wanted to stay within my insurance limits, and also the front bar is quite close enough to the ground!!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #20
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Interesting. I had my suspension on my old EF done by Pedders in Wagga and when I first got the car back, it was higher than when I left it there! I laughed! They corrected it, but far out, I was amused that they would tell me its done when it was riding at about three inches of ride height. I wanted it lower! Sure taught me to be wary of who to get your car done through.

:monkes:
Welcome to Wagga - dodgy mechanic capital of well, most places.

I take it you went to the one near the plane on Edward St? There's a new one now, and I'm told by the owner of a Pursuit that they do very good work. I went there to check it out and get the quote and they seemed quite good, unfortunately the prices I pay down here are sometimes pretty steep compared to what those in the city areas pay, but for a good job I dont mind paying a little more - as i said, plenty of mechs round here who will do a second rate job and charge you first class price.

Had a very bad experience with a dedicated race engines mechanic here with the Falcon - got ripped off and the job was not done to my satsifaction at all. They approached me about sponsoring the AFD not so long ago too, i dont need to tell you what my reaction was.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #21
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I just bought some king springs for $185 (trade price) retail should normallly be about $250 plius fitting, should only take about 1 hour.
Fingers crossed I'll have time to fit them soon.
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #22
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

no way id get my springs reset... a mate has a 99 honda accord, he got his springs reset by about 30mm. and the car bounces around, aquaplanes and as a result he lost control when he wasnt doing anything silly what so ever and smashed into a guard rail. id rather pay an extra 100 bucks and get a good set of new springs ;)
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:01 AM   #23
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I agree with mitch, I also think your insurance company would say 'bye bye, never knew you' if you were in an accident and they found out.

I recommend spending the money and buying the springs manufactured to the specifications you desire.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post