Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Obsolete IRS Bushes

Hi Guys,

Getting all the bushes in the IRS overhauled but have hit a problem and wanted to know what others have done. Ford, superpro, nolathane, McKay, whiteline & pedders all do not make these replacements.

I'm chasing 2x front cradle arm bushes to the body, 2x rear cradle arms to the body bushes & 2X rear diff bushes.

Anyone know where I can get them (apart from a wreckers)?

Cheers

SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
Trump
bitch lasagne

Default Re: Obsolete IRS Bushes

Tried calling a dealer to see if they have any?

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-02-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No good mate, all obsolete. im thinking its going to have to go custom. I have sent an email off to kmac as they have some bushes listed for the au IRS listed.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:42 PM   #4
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I think forum member Peuty did all his bushes a couple of years ago. Maybe send him a PM and ask?
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #5
FormulaFG
Lurking......
Donating Member1

Maybe take your old ones into a poly urethane shop and see if they can knock something out for you?
FormulaFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #6
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

il probably have to end up doing that, but so will everyone else if thats the case.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #7
FormulaFG
Lurking......
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8 View Post
il probably have to end up doing that, but so will everyone else if thats the case.
Ask them to make you a mold. Then you can sell them and make profit.
FormulaFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Ring Superpro direct, they should be able to help out in some way.

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2017, 02:44 AM   #9
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the two bushes in the lower picture, but planned on using them myself. I can post the part number if that is of some use? I can also provide dimensions if that'll help.
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #10
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTTLEDUP View Post
I have the two bushes in the lower picture, but planned on using them myself. I can post the part number if that is of some use? I can also provide dimensions if that'll help.
That would be great if you could and I can go back to bayford spare parts with a part number. Everything they list for AU IRS is obsolete but a part number may come up with something.

The bushes are currently being done at pedders and they tried sourcing all their contacts for over 4 hours with no luck. Pedders do an OEM style rubber replacement but as we found not for all bushes.

What's worse is I've had the whole IRS sand blasted and powder coated, but powder coated suggested to leave in all bushes (good idea at the time) as they will melt off in the powder coating oven to save costs on pressing them out.

So unfortunately I don't even have those bushes to go to someone to make a template out of. Might have to source a second hand IRS with bushes, get them pressed out then find someone who can fab them up to same dimensions.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:16 PM   #11
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8 View Post
That would be great if you could and I can go back to bayford spare parts with a part number. Everything they list for AU IRS is obsolete but a part number may come up with something.

The bushes are currently being done at pedders and they tried sourcing all their contacts for over 4 hours with no luck. Pedders do an OEM style rubber replacement but as we found not for all bushes.

What's worse is I've had the whole IRS sand blasted and powder coated, but powder coated suggested to leave in all bushes (good idea at the time) as they will melt off in the powder coating oven to save costs on pressing them out.

So unfortunately I don't even have those bushes to go to someone to make a template out of. Might have to source a second hand IRS with bushes, get them pressed out then find someone who can fab them up to same dimensions.
Hows the IRS look after powdercoating?
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2017, 01:20 AM   #12
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
Hows the IRS look after powdercoating?
It turned out real good

7 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2017, 11:46 AM   #13
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
I think forum member Peuty did all his bushes a couple of years ago. Maybe send him a PM and ask?
I never want to talk about that job again.

Though the cradle bushes were fine so I didn't touch them.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #14
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its almost becoming a nightmare!

Still no news, I have fulcrum getting back to me tomorrow. They were chasing this issue a few years back but nothing ever eventuated from it.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #15
thexd351
Starter Motor

Hi Svt8, I have some new old stock Whiteline bushes in original packaging . Sorry I don't know how to insert the picture of them. Sent me a mail.
thexd351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #16
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexd351 View Post
Hi Svt8, I have some new old stock Whiteline bushes in original packaging . Sorry I don't know how to insert the picture of them. Sent me a mail.
Hey mate, do you have any part numbers on these?
Old 06-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #17
thexd351
Starter Motor

Hi SVT8,
5 packs ,Part numbers W63229, W62701,W62702,W62704,W62712.
thexd351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2017, 09:29 AM   #18
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexd351 View Post
Hi SVT8,
5 packs ,Part numbers W63229, W62701,W62702,W62704,W62712.
Thanks for your help thexd351, however those part numbers listed are for the rear upper and lower control arms for the IRS.

Its the ones going to the body chassis and to the rear diff which are the ones missing unfortunatley.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:38 AM   #19
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #20
dead_man00124

any update on the cradle bushes from fulcrum?
dead_man00124 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #21
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

i need these as well
Powder coating looks great, gonna have to do the same once out
Old 25-05-2017, 11:28 PM   #22
KRL-94

any luck?? theres a few people chasing them now.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #23
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, I did have some luck after a lot of hunting.

After getting a few 2nd hand IRS subframe's I got best condition bushes I could. Diff bushes are a crush type metal bush and cannot be reused. Rear subframe bushes had rust, corrosion and rubber damage. Fronts were just about all in perfect condition.

All bushes were drop off to super pro to see if they could match any of them up in their system. No luck with the front and rear subframe BUT great success with the diff crush type bushes.

BA/BF rear diff bushes are an exact fit for an AU IRS rear end. I currently have these in the car but you will require a longer bolt (bit of an issue with fuel tank in the way). Also this bush doesnt require a press to be pressed in. Simply grease up and tighten, these bushes expand when you tighten them.

As for the front & rear subframe/chasis bushes, I had to re-use from a second hand unit. Front ones are still quite good but rears wont last long but I got no choice as its a real one off style type of bush made from ford.

Good news though, these are already in production and infact in testing phases by super pro and will be out early next year!
5 users like this post:
Old 31-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #24
TS50AU
Red ones go faster!

Just a guess - I haven't measured, but I always assumed that the front subframe bushes would be the same as 4-link lower control arm front bushes? or even leaf spring front eye bushes?
Then again we know about assume - ta make an *** out of U and ME lol
TS50AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #25
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50AU View Post
Just a guess - I haven't measured, but I always assumed that the front subframe bushes would be the same as 4-link lower control arm front bushes? or even leaf spring front eye bushes?
Then again we know about assume - ta make an *** out of U and ME lol

We need to assume to even get an answer these days! With these bushes you would only require something in same length and outer diameter could be out by a few mm's as these bushes are clamped down with two bolts. This means it doesn't need to be a precise fit.

All 3 sets I got of these look near perfect, it looks like these bushes don't carry I high amount of stress & is sealed away from water damage fairly good also.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #26
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SVT8,

I contacted Super Pro in Queensland yesterday myself inquiring about IRS bushes for my XR8, as the bushes in mine are shot.

The salesman I spoke to said their engineers indicated about another 6 months before all replacement parts for the IRS will be for sale to the public.

Need them badly for my daily. You can purchase rear sway bar links through White Line and rear toe link adjusters on Ebay, however I don't won't bits and pieces from different brands and companies.

Your IRS looks great.

Cheers
Edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #27
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edxr6 View Post
SVT8,

I contacted Super Pro in Queensland yesterday myself inquiring about IRS bushes for my XR8, as the bushes in mine are shot.

The salesman I spoke to said their engineers indicated about another 6 months before all replacement parts for the IRS will be for sale to the public.

Need them badly for my daily. You can purchase rear sway bar links through White Line and rear toe link adjusters on Ebay, however I don't won't bits and pieces from different brands and companies.

Your IRS looks great.

Cheers
Yeah it sucks cause I really don't want to be using second hand bushes but have no choice.

Reason why It takes superpro a long time to release their products is the testing they actually do on new items. Most of their products are lifetime warranty so they go through rigorous testing before releasing them to back this.

Fulcrum were telling me that expect to see these bushes redesigned better than factory, especially the rear subframe IRS bushes. How much they are going to cost is the other issue as their shock mounts are around $700 for the pair.

With all the upper/lower control arm bushes, its more the type bush. I used pedders bushes for the arms as they are a standard type rubber bush and not a polyurethane. No grease needed and will last a while.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:25 AM   #28
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, I seen the price of the shock mounts, ridiculous price. I hope Super Pro don't inflate their prices when their stock comes on the market.

Cheers
Old 03-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #29
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am starting to wonder if my plans to keep my au2 xr8 for good is worth while. It has low kms and none of the problems listed above but if you guys are having trouble now, what will it be like in 5 years time?
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:53 PM   #30
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Roostercam,

Keep it, you will be kicking yourself if you sell it. What else can you buy for the price you can purchase an AU XR8, they are great value for money these days. It's just a matter of time before a few companies start producing IRS bushes, then the prices will become competitive and reasonable. It's only my personal opinion.

Cheers