Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-09-2017, 11:10 PM   #1
Burntorange
Starter Motor

Default 2009 TDCi engine number, vin questions.

I'm looking at buying an 09 TDCi, I inspected it just after sun had gone down so not able to check engine number directly, no torch small enough to get in there, no mirror on me.

The Vin on the rego papers and engine number on the rego papers do not match. I'm used to falcons matching the vin and engine numbers.

Does it work the same way for the focus? IE, does this indicate a changed engine?

Funny thing with the Ford applied stickers on the car, the sticker on the driver side rear door jam rear side says build date jul 09, yet the sticker on the front end of the jam has AUG09VIN etc etc.

Is there a check that can be done online such as history check that gives you the original engine number for the VIN provided?

Also whilst I am asking questions. The rego papers say "No inspection required" which I assume means no pink slip was needed. But the car is older than 5 years so I would have thought it would have been required. Or am I missing something here?

Cheers.
Burntorange is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: 2009 TDCi engine number, vin questions.

VIN and engine number for most Euro Ford models don't match and don't need to.

You should be able to enter the VIN at MyFord.com and get some base info.

You can also use the info HERE to decode the VIN.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post