Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #2701
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
What's even worse is when it starts raining some drivers think they are wet weather "experts" and start weaving in and out of traffic like the road is a rally special stage.
Sitting in a line of traffic in the right lane because the water was only a few inches deep, I saw a genius in an amg sl63 try shoot down the left lane with over a foot of water in it. His car stopped dead. It died. Having water past his door line he was devistated when he got out letting more water into the car. It was ironic because it was outside the Mercedes dealer on Bourke rd. What a tool. I hate it when people choose to go against the better judgment of every single person around.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #2702
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ Instant karma - just add water!

He was probably too busy checking emails on his phone to notice the flood water & thought everyone just left him an open lane to get home quicker.....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #2703
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
^^^ Instant karma - just add water!

He was probably too busy checking emails on his phone to notice the flood water & thought everyone just left him an open lane to get home quicker.....
He was just a fool. Don't drive in deep water and if you happen too, keep a slow but steady pace to keep the bow wave going so water stays out of the engine bay and away from your doors. He panicked and stopped. I was the only car crossing oriordan st on doody as all other cars were turning and it didn't look too bad, I hit the dip (it's only momentary) and had water on the bonnet but pushed through. Had the obligatory check 100m down the road and it was all dry under the bonnet. South sydney has no drains. It floods every time it sprinkles. Don't get that problem out west.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:52 PM   #2704
Kicking back

All this flooded road negotiations were all about to culminate in to my real pet hate. I was heading to the mechanics. They had my new intercooler pipe arrive. My backyard fix was holding up beautifully. Got there. 10 minutes to fit the genuine ford part. The boys had a laugh at my temp solution but it made the wall of triumph. Things like smashed valve trains make the wall of shame. Within a kay of leaving the car went pop, smoked out the whole street and cabin. Rattled like a maraca and failed to go. It blew the new hose off the throttle body. I made the mechanic come to me as opposed to fixing it myself. He did notice that on boost the new hose expands which is odd. I hate having cars fail immediately after leaving the mechanic. I've had it happen twice from that mob, but I have no choice as they have been work cars. The advise was "if it happens again bring it in on a tow truck". I also hate great advice.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:09 AM   #2705
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie View Post
Hijack.
I so don't get these so called 'specs' for the computers..
Ive bought 4 new laptops and each time i buy a new one i always try to get better than what i had. (Faster processor, more ram etc etc).
I show the sales guy exactly what i had and what i do.
Everytime its "This laptop will be almost twice as fast blah blah blah"
And i get stung everytime. I swear my original laptop was just as fast as my latest fang dangle wizz popper. And that cost me $700. The new laptop close to $2k...
For browsing the net i expect the page to just pop open. Not take 10-15 seconds.
Why the hell does it still sit buffering on a 15min youtube clip?
Old laptop had dismal ram etc and old ****** dongle sim internet.
New laptop has about 4times the ram etc and fastest nbn i could get.
All the sales people can say is. Each computer works differently. ...
That be like ford telling me why a new car (mustang/xr8 whatever?) Performs worse than a feista...... if something is better on the paper they are using to entice a buy then it should bloody work like that.
Did a back to back test of old vs new. Old laptop actually opens some pages faster than new. Its also ready to use quicker to.

My next laptop is going to be a sub $300 cheapie i think.
Becareful, my cheapie backup is an Asus $450. It is so slow compared to an i5 processor which is the normal computer I use, it does your head in waiting for it to catch up to commands.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2017, 02:18 AM   #2706
xr8cam

Quote:
It was the 2nd half (the still new half) of a Bowden's one. I like them because they come as a 2-pack, and the size is about right for larger hands.

I started trying to pick a couple of bits out, gave up, tossed it in the bin, and reverted back to the old bar....

Not real practical at my place to put a towel down - I clay them after a decent wash, and everywhere is soaking wet. Mind you it's the first time I've ever dropped one, and I do 2 cars about every 6 months or so, with the occasional added attention on the front end after an interstate trip.
I don't use a drop sheet or anything, I just take as much care as possible. I understood your frustration so I was really thinking out loud about how to avoid it happening, especially if someone was new to it. I actually bought a few 100gm bars which work nicely torn in 3. Check out ebay claybars from overseas. I have used Mothers, Bowdens, Chemicalguys and the ones from China are the same in my opinion and a hell of a lot cheaper.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:47 AM   #2707
wackyv8
wackyv8

coughing , uncovered coughing , a complete disregard for anyone around.
so it seems , everytime i go into town theres some **** that is coughing in my face.
hey leperous idiot, im not keen to bear the brunt of any diseases your body is rejecting.
covering your mouth when coughing/sneezing /wheezing , seems to be a lost art in modern australia, and it really ****** me off.
its not that difficult ,to not cough into someones face.
wackyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2017, 03:46 AM   #2708
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Bad manners and the epitome of rudeness seems to be the flavor of the future.

Didn't their parents teach them hygiene and courteousy?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2017, 02:30 PM   #2709
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
..........I actually bought a few 100gm bars which work nicely torn in 3. Check out ebay claybars from overseas. I have used Mothers, Bowdens, Chemicalguys and the ones from China are the same in my opinion and a hell of a lot cheaper.
I reckon I'd tear a 100g bar in half - I like having a bit more to hold onto.

Interesting findings on the China ones. You've convinced me to have a browse & buy a few to check out. Considering how much big-name stuff comes from there these days, it wouldn't surprise me if it was out the back door of the same place making $30 retail bars.

I've only tried 3 name-brands in the last 6 or so years - before settling on Bowdens about 3 years back. I figure it's a bit like soft-drink - they all do the job intended, it just depends on your favourite flavour choice.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #2710
TRAU BLAU

Question Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Bad manners and the epitome of rudeness seems to be the flavor of the future.

Didn't their parents teach them hygiene and courteousy?
Could it be something to do with the population of the planet increase.More people less space & more problems.Chuck in multiculturalism & get confusion.Plus everyone wants to be the tough guy.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #2711
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
I reckon I'd tear a 100g bar in half - I like having a bit more to hold onto.

Interesting findings on the China ones. You've convinced me to have a browse & buy a few to check out. Considering how much big-name stuff comes from there these days, it wouldn't surprise me if it was out the back door of the same place making $30 retail bars.

I've only tried 3 name-brands in the last 6 or so years - before settling on Bowdens about 3 years back. I figure it's a bit like soft-drink - they all do the job intended, it just depends on your favourite flavour choice.
I hate to ask but has anyone tried the clay impregnated cloths from Supercheap?
Old 09-02-2017, 12:26 AM   #2712
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
I hate to ask but has anyone tried the clay impregnated cloths from Supercheap?
Have only read a lot of feedback about them mainly on USA detailing sites as they created it and many reports on the cloths are that it is difficult to get a good finish, they can scratch if in the wrong hands and cost wise compared to bars, are a waste of money. Personally, 90% of car detailing products are crap and are just duplications of existing products. Example: Car wash detergents with carnauba wax and wheel cleaning detergents , leather cleaning products, the list goes on. But if people want to spend their money....
Old 14-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #2713
Kicking back

Geez I hate clients who are no good using words. Saw a client who had work to be done. I expressed that's it's a day and a half's work, maybe 2 depending. This was this morning. When I asked when it needs to be done she said Wednesday. I took that as next Wednesday, not 8am tomorrow. Had she said tomorrow it would have been call in the cavalry, not finding out at 11 and being rushed off my feet. I still have a 3 day lead time on some of the parts that I was told they had but didn't. I did make the desk functional for tomorrow but it's very temporary. She is extremely lucky I still have parts (unknown lead time) for 1990s 110 buscuit frames. Only 3 people in the company I work for know what a biscuit frame is let alone have parts. Atleast they have money, the idiot tax will be included in the invoice.
Old 20-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #2714
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

two for one day.
1. Pedestrians who don't look for cars, and walk out onto a pedestrian crossing with the 'red' don't walk figure, then abuse you because you blow your horn at them.
2. Bicyclists who insist on being wannabe Cadell Evans's on the road when there is a cycle-way separated from the road where they should be.
In both cases, me, the car driver, would be at fault if they ended being cane-toaded.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #2715
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

This is a bit of a weird one...

I went to court today to witness an animal cruelty trial that I have been following closely (I'm very serious about animal rights). There were about ten other cases being tried and most of it was actually quite boring until it got to this one guy that was attempting to defend himself in a traffic matter. The judge absolutely tore him to pieces straight out the gate and it seemed like he went a bit over the top in humiliating this bloke. I was actually a bit surprised because he just sunk his teeth into this bloke with a full court room.

As far as I could gather, the guy was disqualified or suspended from driving but a car registered to his name was captured speeding on a camera and he was attempting to argue it wasn't him driving... or something like that. Anyway, the details of his case aren't really what I'm griping about, mainly it was the judge's attitude that bothered me.

The judge seemed more focused on embarrassing the bloke than actually ensuring that justice would be done. Now, I'm sure judges see more than their fair share of morons and that is why the judge was so angry but this bloke seemed genuine enough to me. It seemed like the defendant was just trying to have a fair go. This same judge was quite lenient with everyone else - he even let a shop lifter that went on a stealing spree off with just paying for the stolen items... but he slammed the hammer down hard on this dude just for trying to defend himself.

Did he let the shoplifter off with a warning just because she was an attractive young lady? Did he smash this guy to pieces just because he was a bald-headed, tough-looking man? I don't know... but it certainly seemed like double-standards were at play.

Oh... and the animal cruelty case got adjourned again so looks like I haven't seen my last carnival.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #2716
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Years ago I was summonsed to court on 'driving unregistered motor vehicle' the judge started ripping into me until I very politely asked if I could say something, very bluntly I was told yes... I then read out my charge again clearly stating the rego number of said vehicle that happened to be TTU xxx (SA trailer) I then asked how a trailer could be a motor vehicle, he glared at me then ripped into police officer for wasting his time.

This was 10am pity the poor sods coming through around 3pm
Old 22-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #2717
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
he glared at me then ripped into police officer for wasting his time.
The police prosecution is an absolute joke. They can be found disorganised and lost in a pile of paperwork on the right hand side of the court room.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:11 PM   #2718
Kicking back

Especially in the the wet, but Geez I hate it when slowing to a red light people see the space I leave to stop comfortably in a loaded ute where the tyres and brakes aren't in the best situation to stop . It's not a gap. I don't care how much of a rush they're in, leave 5 minutes earlier. If I slide straight up the clacker now 2 people are running late. There aren't lowering blocks in the rear of the ranger. It's running loaded. Things on the roof are either there because they are too long or the canopy is too full. I don't need to be late because someone has woken up late and is in a hurry. It's an increasing occurance
Old 23-03-2017, 08:11 PM   #2719
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I spent at least two hours replacing parts in my gaming pc which unexpectedly died a couple of months ago. All signs pointed to the motherboard being at fault so I replaced that and changed cpu cooler at the same time. I went through all this and the pc is still broken... which means the cpu (my beloved Xeon) is toast.

I am so over it. I just packed everything up in silence, I can't even be bothered raging.
Old 25-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #2720
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post

As far as I could gather, the guy was disqualified or suspended from driving but a car registered to his name was captured speeding on a camera and he was attempting to argue it wasn't him driving... or something like that. Anyway, the details of his case aren't really what I'm griping about, mainly it was the judge's attitude that bothered me.
Not trying to defend the judge here, but I'm sure there's more to it in there.

1. If he was suspended or disqualified, then he's obviously got plenty of traffic offence history (either convictions, tickets or failing to pay fines).
2. If it was a camera fine then it would be for speeding, and I'm guessing he paid the ticket, which is an admission of guilt. Connecting the dots from that to his licence suspension of disqualification, it becomes hard to argue that although he has agreed to speeding, he's now saying he actually wasn't the driver? If so, he's clearly wasting the courts time and tax payers money with his frivolous case.
3. If he didn't pay the ticket and/or nominated the actual driver, then something else has happened in the investigation that has meant there is evidence to put him before the court.

Either way, as you say, you weren't too interested in the details of the case, so my theory above could be wrong, but just my thoughts from a different point of view.
Old 25-03-2017, 07:57 PM   #2721
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post
Not trying to defend the judge here, but I'm sure there's more to it in there.

1. If he was suspended or disqualified, then he's obviously got plenty of traffic offence history (either convictions, tickets or failing to pay fines).
2. If it was a camera fine then it would be for speeding, and I'm guessing he paid the ticket, which is an admission of guilt. Connecting the dots from that to his licence suspension of disqualification, it becomes hard to argue that although he has agreed to speeding, he's now saying he actually wasn't the driver? If so, he's clearly wasting the courts time and tax payers money with his frivolous case.
3. If he didn't pay the ticket and/or nominated the actual driver, then something else has happened in the investigation that has meant there is evidence to put him before the court.

Either way, as you say, you weren't too interested in the details of the case, so my theory above could be wrong, but just my thoughts from a different point of view.
Yeah, you're probably right on all points. It was hard to piece together the story of what happened because the defendant was claiming he didn't drive so the only info he gave was saying he didn't know what happened and he didn't say who was driving. The prosecution claims that the speed camera was working correctly and they had records to show it had been recently tested by a qualified technician, etc.

My take on it is the guy was probably driving and I think the judge was right to stop him from wasting more of the court's time. I don't know how they can prove he was driving though unless the speed camera captured a clear image of his face behind the wheel.

I really don't know the story. I thought that he should have paid a lawyer to speak for him though.
Old 26-03-2017, 02:50 AM   #2722
Kicking back

Geez I hate it when.. I'm not even going to start on other road users, but I started work at 7 pm saturday to turn off (or atleast close the blinds) all the lights in a 29 story office tower in the sydney cbd for earth hour. Only due to the fact I had to access multiple offices I got a security escort so there cannot be any justified complaints. The bloke was dragging his feet and I had an hour and a half to get the place visibly dark from the outside. I wasn't rushing because I wanted to. The temp was getting paid. I myself had the luxury of minimum 4 hours at double time so for almost 3 hours work it's a win for the bank account. I also hate the fact I'll cop a few callouts on monday for light switches turned off. Office folk lack common sense at times.
Old 26-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #2723
Lunch
Wait, what?

I hate that 'earth hour' crap, I understand that a conscience effort to conserve energy is a good thing but it takes our planet approximately 8,760 hours to orbit our star, is turning our lights off for just 1 of those really something to hold hands and celebrate?
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #2724
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
I hate that 'earth hour' crap, I understand that a conscience effort to conserve energy is a good thing but it takes our planet approximately 8,760 hours to orbit our star, is turning our lights off for just 1 of those really something to hold hands and celebrate?
I totally agree.

If energy conservation was so important and people were really passionate about it, all unnecessary lighting and other energy consuming equipment, some of which are much worse offenders than lighting would be switched off most of the year when not required, not just for one hour per year.
Old 26-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #2725
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Just to agree, any power not used during earth hour is simply wasted. The power stations still run at the same capacity.
Old 26-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #2726
marty351

Please don't tell the greenies that, they might get the idea that shutting down power stations is better.
Oh, wait....
Old 26-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #2727
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Please don't tell the greenies that, they might get the idea that shutting down power stations is better.
Oh, wait....
It takes 2 weeks to stop a power station. There is only 1 site in Australia that can remotely shut a plant down. Otherwise it's an on site affair. No it's not in Canberra. Geez I hate the prius drivers who can't see the forrest from the trees. Emissions are one thing, the heavy metals in the batteries are another. I'll leave it at that
Old 26-03-2017, 02:16 PM   #2728
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

We're doing more than our fair share in SA. We turn off the whole state for several hours at a time.
Old 27-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #2729
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I do have a new one but I am very conscious of posting it as it is controversial especially with recent going ons down south.
Old 27-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #2730
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSneakiness View Post
I do have a new one but I am very conscious of posting it as it is controversial especially with recent going ons down south.

Controversy, geez I hate that!