Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-03-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
lockie_rees
Starter Motor

Default Engine miss/surge under load

Hey guys I have an au2 ute with 222000kms on it. It has a slight miss or surge under load about the 3G mark. I have done plugs, leads, coil pack, crank angle, cam position, O2, fuel reg, knock sensor, traced all the wiring resealed all gasket surfaces & plenums, ran bottles of injector cleaner though it, fuel filters, and blown back through the lines. The issue will go away for while after i do something to it then it comes back maybe a few weeks sometimes a day later. Just wanting to know if i have missed something or what I should do next
lockie_rees is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Engine miss/surge under load

A misfire is generally associated with ignition or fuel, if everything thing else is in a serviceable condition.
You've pretty well covered the ignition system.
I can see you've been using injector cleaner.
How long since the injectors were removed, cleaned & had the flowrates/spray patterns tested?
What about the fuel pump?
Checked for fault codes?
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
lockie_rees
Starter Motor

I haven't had the injectors pulled out and cleaned/ tested. I would have thought that a bad spray or leaking injectors would show at idle/low revs. Fuel pump was done about 8 months ago due to the top cracking out.
I've had a a look at the codes a while back but there wasn't anything there
Old 21-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Were the new coil packs & leads reputable brands ??
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2017, 06:32 PM   #5
lockie_rees
Starter Motor

Bosch coil pack and NGK leads & iridium plugs
This user likes this post: