Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 14-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
porkoman
I want the fastest fiesta

Unhappy insalling forced air induction to fiesta's

hi everyone,

I have a 2006 WQ Fiesta 1.6L and i want to fit a turbo kit to it. a can't find any place that sells bolt ons. so im guessing i have to make a custom kit and make it fit,

Also im wondering if a 2L inlet manifold is bolted to the head the same as a 1.6L one so i can just do a strait bolt on.

P.S. I want my fiesta to be one of a kind.

Old 14-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

There isn't much tuning kit for the 1.6, the valves are too small to allow much more power. The 2.0 is a completely different motor
Only option for a turbo is custom built.
I'd save up for an XR4 if you want to tune a Fiesta.
Old 14-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...bo#post1501477

have a look at that post, there are a few pics of a turbo fiesta. maybe give him a pm if you're really keen

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
Old 15-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
fiesta8u

hey well im in the process of turboing my fiesta, you have to get EVERYTHING custom, ill have my manifold ready by saturday and hopefully the whole setup should be on by next saturday.
Old 16-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
porkoman
I want the fastest fiesta

post some pics of it and tell us wat the hardest thing was about it and the price of everything
Old 17-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #6
fiesta8u

sure will, the actual build should hopefully start on saturday, got the camera ready ;)
Old 17-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #7
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Sounds good mate. Looking forward to seeing your results. Getting it dynoed as well?

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
Old 17-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
fiesta8u

yeah for sure, ill post all the pictures up as im going through with it, gotta go pick up the manifold tonight.
Old 17-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #9
photn
AFF Post NAZI

and another build dream thread is born.

Old 21-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #10
fiesta8u

well its been put off untill this saturday as the flange on the turbo manifold was for a different turbo, will keep use up to date.
Old 21-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #11
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Bugger. Ah well, the wait will be worth it. how much boost is your turbo rated to?

Old 24-10-2008, 02:14 AM   #12
fiesta8u

well its known to be able to hold around 18psi comfortably, but I only want to run around 10-12psi.
Old 24-10-2008, 02:27 AM   #13
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Crikey. Even 10psi = big boom!
Gonna put a BOV on ?

Old 24-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #14
fiesta8u

yeah, going to do the internals as well so that it can hold the 10psi.
Old 27-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #15
FezBoy
Fez good. Wez better.

Fiesta8U, what a great idea - Turbo Fez.

I hope you have a gym membership. That much grunt in a front-driver will give you big handfuls of torque steer, I reckon.

You might want to have the gearbox looked at as well - the cogs on a 1.6 aren't designed to handle anything like the torque your turbo will generate. The end result will likely be a nasty (an expensive) bang - it will be fun while it lasts, though.

Good luck with it.

Gave my 2004 Fiesta Zetec to my mother-in-law.

Drive a Westfield SEiW now: No roof. No windows. No doors. No ABS. No ASC. No EBD. No power brakes. No power steering. No cruise control. No radio.

Got: 600kg, 300hp, R888s.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #16
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hmm another weekend has passed and no update.. dare i say no turbo fez.......seems my original statement is becomming quite true..not that i ever doubted it.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #17
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
hmm another weekend has passed and no update.. dare i say no turbo fez.......seems my original statement is becomming quite true..not that i ever doubted it.
Jeez you are a negative person....

Oo\===/oO
Old 05-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #18
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
Dare I say that you did the exact same thing with your fiesta and matt's old focus when you got it. It's people like you that don't belong on this forum - don't push it or I will give you some time to think about it. Call me what you want I couldn't care less, I'm just sick of your attitude.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #19
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Forced Fiesta = Bar up anyone?

I think only one person ont hese forums (i dont think hes been on in ages) sucessfully turboed his fiesta but had a few issues later on. 130kws @ wheels if i recall.
Still a sight to see at any cost.

Porkoman = I am confident that there is no bolt on kits available in AUS (UK land is another story) but you will have to get it all custom installed/fabricated/tuned. I suggest doing your research but bring it on!!! It will definitley be a great sleeper. Keep us posted tho.

I think photn is confident that fiesta8u is full of BS or has no idea. Maybe ask him.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #20
fiesta8u

well for your information mr photon, would you be able to do anything if you had just torn your cartlidge and couldnt walk then also had a operation to take the flappy part of your torn cartlidge out ? let me recover and rub it in your nose.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #21
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Dare I say that you did the exact same thing with your fiesta and matt's old focus when you got it. It's people like you that don't belong on this forum - don't push it or I will give you some time to think about it. Call me what you want I couldn't care less, I'm just sick of your attitude.
your sick of my attitude yet half the forum members in the falcon area are the same.

My post was not aimed at you and had nothing to do with you. this is a forum and why shouldnt i be allowed to post my thoughts, after all is that not what we are encouraged to do. post our opinions and questions.

I wont deny it, i wanted to turbo my fiesta and focus, but the cost of the procedure was not worth it. i have seen since then so many threads on other forums and this one about people stating that they have done something and every1 gets excited about it but when it comes to pictures the user never posts them for some reason.
Now im sorry i dont live in your IDEALISTIC world of Dictatorship where the power has obviously gone to your head and you think your king of the world. there are much more offensive things done in the Bseries section or anysection if you will, yet i find it interesting, no in fact i find it flattering that i manage to get under your skin with one single post that has nothing to do with you.

I believe its people like YOU who dont belong on this forum...you tell people what they can and cant say and when something doesnt go along with what you like/believe in you delete the post or ban them or what ever.

And you go out of your way to ban the people you dont like, yet if someone your a friend with did something similar youd let them get away with.

Just go back to your falcon section and appoint someone who is much more mature and more in sync with the Euro section its obvious you arent.

Good day.

:P

Old 06-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #22
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta8u
well for your information mr photon, would you be able to do anything if you had just torn your cartlidge and couldnt walk then also had a operation to take the flappy part of your torn cartlidge out ? let me recover and rub it in your nose.
its always an excuse with you.

as much as id like to believe you, last time you where questioned about not putting your air filter on, some excuse was posted. In all honesty it doesnt bother me if you havent got your turbo done. just dont lie to people as to if you are or not getting it done. no matter how much attention or fame you are seeking or the "wouldnt it be cool" factor. it gets annoying to people... why not post a few photos of the turbo itself and anything else you got just to put other peoples nervousness and questionability to rest.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #23
b2tf
not here much anymore

Bah. Have 24hrs to practice your Judge Judy speech to the mirror.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #24
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I think Photn just proved his point on both arguments. Photn 1 / AFF 0.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #25
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I think Photn just proved his point on both arguments. Photn 1 / AFF 0.
Be careful or you shall join him.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 06-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #26
b2tf
not here much anymore

I really don't know why I am bothering to explain myself to you lot but I will in the small hope that you might actually be able to understand it.

This site is for everybody and anybody who owns/likes/is interested in Ford vehicles. Projects like this take a hell of a lot of information, motivation and dedication to come up with, and then to have some idiot pipe up and say that because there are no pics it is all a lie, is just utter crap. I can think of numerous builds in all areas of this site that have had updates posted with no pics, and even ones with no updates at all until the job is done, that turn out to be truly inspiring cars - and knockers with half a brain cell in that cavern above their eyes do not help.

You Euroford lot seem to think that this is your own little world on here and I can tell you now its not - I will go anywhere in this forum I like, and this is NOT a "closed" section - you lot come under the same rules and regs as every other part of this forum. If I, or any other mod come across one of you guys rubbishing another, we will take action - simple as that. You all have some inferiority complex where you instantly take offence the moment someone who doesnt own a Euroford says something in here - well you can either get over it, or get lost. I couldn't care less what you or anybody else on here drives - if you start messing round on here, you will be pulled up. Call it whatever you like - dictatorship/forced opinion - I've heard them all, end of the day you're absolutely right - this ISNT a democracy and you will be subject to site T&C, just like the other 30,000 members on here (most of which apart from you mob don't seem to have a problem with it).