Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Closed Thread

Old 21-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
bac
Starter Motor

Default 4 Sale - 1990 KF TX3 Turbo 4WD

Greetings to all forum members,
I hope my first post doesn't contravene forum rules, but I have for sale my red 1990 KF Laser TX3 Turbo 4WD.

The old girl has served me well, but recently has developed excessive freeplay in the crankshaft to the point where the cam belt occasionally slips a tooth or two and throws the timing out, making the car hard to start and run without any power when it does.

I'm told it would need a rebuild of the bottom end to fix the issue, but realistically you'd want to do a total rebuild if you were going to the trouble of stripping the engine.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to have the car off the road for a few weeks, so I have reluctantly decided to part it. I am staying in the small Ford family though and have acquired a Focus ST170 as my new ride.

The Laser is in reasonable nick for its age, but does need attention in a few areas apart from the aforementioned engine:

- The paint is starting to get chalky. It could probably be cut back once or twice more but that would be about it.

- Various dings and chips in the bodywork

- Synchro is starting to go on 5th gear

- Tyres probably have only a few thousand km left in them

Now for the good bits:

- Interior is in VGC

- Original white TX3 rims

- 214,000 km on the clock

- Japanese spec ECU running 12psi boost

- Full 2.5" exhaust system with high flow cat

- Dynoed at over 150 FWkW

- No crash damage to the body

- All other mechanicals including turbo and diff in VGC

- Comes with a genuine Ford factory roof rack

All offers will be considered - I would much prefer the car to go to a good home rather than the wreckers.

I am based in Melbourne. (southern suburbs)

Cheers,
Brian

Old 21-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac
Greetings to all forum members,
I hope my first post doesn't contravene forum rules, but I have for sale my red 1990 KF Laser TX3 Turbo 4WD.
Yeah it does actually, there is a for sale section for cars for sale

Welcome to the forums

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Old 21-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Hi and welcome to the forums. There is a For sale area on the forums which can be found HERE

Make sure you read all the Terms & Conditions and guidelines before posting. Also remember to add photos.

Russell.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Closed Thread