Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cost of living

NSW residents got a 20% increase in electricity today. Who else is sick of politicians who have only their own interests at heart? Does anybody else think multi millionaires should be allowed in the top job? This country is heading exactly the same way as the US. We have become so bloated with useless public servants on ridiculously high paid wages who contribute nothing. Everybody I know who works for the government is so overpaid and does next to nothing. When will we have the guts to dissolve state government so we have federal and local which is all that's needed. This country is fast becoming little America. I for one, am glad I am at the end of my career rather than starting out. Greed has ruined humanity and we have no one but ourselves to blame for that. Sad times ahead, until we have a major rethink of many current systems.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cost of living

20% rise for S.A also today and the same for VIC in about 6 months just in time for summer.

LNG prices also rising due to short supply so we get hit twice!!!
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
Seasoned One
Seasoned One

My power bill (business)has increased from 3000 mth to 7600 mth, gone up by more than we ever earned... QLD owns the coal, the rail, USED to own the power plants, but thanks to Peter 'it will be better for us' Beatty, we now have criminal prices on what should have been amongst the cheapest power around, it is absolutely criminal what is happening in our country
1967 xr Falcon ute 289
1966 xr Fairmont 289
Seasoned One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This sort of failure to act by the government will be solely responsible for many small businesses folding over the next 12 months. When I first left school in the late 80's businesses used to be able to go out to lunch and claim the costs on tax. I don't see what is wrong with that as it allowed so many inner city Melbourne restaurants and hotels to maintain profitable businesses who employed lots of people, especially apprentices. Then the Cain government came in, banned that tax claim and also banned tobacco sponsorship of sporting events. Hundreds of restaurants closed as a result and country sporting events like the Country Football Assoc use to be given over $1,000,000 dollars a year by tobacco (Winfield Cup) which was replaced by $250,000 by the government. The competition could not afford to continue after that ban and seriously, is alcohol sponsorship any worse than tobacco? The government is bringing this country to its knees through a mix of incompetence and corruption. Something needs to be done.
Old 16-06-2017, 08:27 PM   #5
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I have travelled the world for years, there are some great countries out there worth a visit. I met my wife overseas but she was born here. We could have lived anywhere we liked but both believe Australia is the best country in the world for us to live and raise our family.

Australia is not without its faults, but what country should we be trying to emulate? USA is a great place I have visited several times and plan to visit again but for me and my family Australia has more to offer.

I am a firm believer in the idea, “if something is worth complaining about it's worth doing something about. If you can not do anything about it, STOP COMPLAINING."

I got involved at my daughters Primary School, ended up on School Council and then School Council President for four years. I got a tiny taste of what politics in a community is like. I could go on and on, but basically put up or shut up.

If you are unhappy with the status quo in Australia what are you doing about it? Join a political party or start a political party you have no idea how lucky we are to have the choice....
Old 16-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
I have travelled the world for years, there are some great countries out there worth a visit. I met my wife overseas but she was born here. We could have lived anywhere we liked but both believe Australia is the best country in the world for us to live and raise our family.

Australia is not without its faults, but what country should we be trying to emulate? USA is a great place I have visited several times and plan to visit again but for me and my family Australia has more to offer.

I am a firm believer in the idea, “if something is worth complaining about it's worth doing something about. If you can not do anything about it, STOP COMPLAINING."

I got involved at my daughters Primary School, ended up on School Council and then School Council President for four years. I got a tiny taste of what politics in a community is like. I could go on and on, but basically put up or shut up.

If you are unhappy with the status quo in Australia what are you doing about it? Join a political party or start a political party you have no idea how lucky we are to have the choice....
I do plenty for issues I believe in, from sending off letters, emails to donations and membership of certain groups. A part of any campaign is to bring awareness to issues as to enlighten others or ignite a passion in them to do something themselves. I have also travelled the world and yes there are many great countries besides ours but this is not what I am talking about nor am I advocating the USA as a model to copy. If your looking for an argument you wont get one from me.
Old 16-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #7
Doreturnonfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
NSW residents got a 20% increase in electricity today. Who else is sick of politicians who have only their own interests at heart? Does anybody else think multi millionaires should be allowed in the top job? This country is heading exactly the same way as the US. We have become so bloated with useless public servants on ridiculously high paid wages who contribute nothing. Everybody I know who works for the government is so overpaid and does next to nothing. When will we have the guts to dissolve state government so we have federal and local which is all that's needed. This country is fast becoming little America. I for one, am glad I am at the end of my career rather than starting out. Greed has ruined humanity and we have no one but ourselves to blame for that. Sad times ahead, until we have a major rethink of many current systems.
Feel your pain each quarter - also increases in council rates, health insurance, income taxes - Ndis levy and super conts mean pay cuts for us plebs.
Doreturnonfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post