Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2005, 07:53 PM   #31
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
You cant exactly blame WSID nor expect it to drop other events in favour of Street meets. But I do agree that access to legal well run facilities is limited. Whilst deep into the ordinary in comparison to the new WSID strip, there is still what was the old run at the adjacent race circuit.
A bit of enterprise and there is no reason both couldn't run simultaniously, on a given night, high times on the old strip, the stuff that qualifies then running on the WSID track. Setups of course are different but in noddy classes like street racing I dont think it would have an effect. But given the circuits have different owners and management and some and some massive egos at stake I doubt it would be able to happen, would make sense though with a lot of resources able to be shared.
This is were the NSW goverment should be stepping in & open up all these track in NSW to all drivers, not matter what you drive, you can have a go, at a cheap price. P-platers should also be able to use this track days as most street racer are young P-plate. Most open track days are for people but no P-plate. Why not not? They have not choise but to race on the street.
Old 20-02-2005, 07:55 PM   #32
bluovl

Unhappy

We all know street racing is a bad pastime, BUT I know that its here to stay.
Since the invention of the car its been going on and there will be no solution.
Sad but true. Clowns trying to prove themselves will always be around.

I am dead against street racing but I think we must realise that as long as there are cars and morons trying to impress other morons there wont be an end. I'm sure we would all love an answer to this problem but realistically cant see one.

Dale
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #33
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
This is were the NSW goverment should be stepping in & open up all these track in NSW to all drivers, not matter what you drive, you can have a go, at a cheap price. P-platers should also be able to use this track days as most street racer are young P-plate. Most open track days are for people but no P-plate. Why not not? They have not choise but to race on the street.
Its a privately owned facility, should government also open up your spare room to the homeless?

WSID is doing their bit, we need some creative ideas on what else can be done.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 08:06 PM   #34
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Its a privately owned facility, should government also open up your spare room to the homeless?

Well they need the grovement funding to build this track, I didn't say it should be free. But what the point in having these track sitting around empty & unused, when they could be open to help take racing of the street.
Old 21-02-2005, 11:03 AM   #35
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Dead wrong, most of the peole who attend street racers are P PLATERS but 90% of the people who race aren't P platers. Out of the large numbers that turn up only a handfull will actually race, not saying that p platers dont race but a large % are slightly older.

Didn't know P Platers weren't allowed to visit the creek, i thought you only had to have some form of licence.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 11:09 AM   #36
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:

Why not they **** away the tax payers money on other stupid things, a good example is the crack head house down in redfern or where ever it is. If they can go in there and get smashed for free why cant they put money towards wsidw. Street racing is supposed to be a much bigger issue isn't it.

On another note they should burn the place to the ground, just because they decided to become junkies why should we pay for it.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #37
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

The fact is people are always going to race on the streets, better for it to be in an deserted industrial area than on the middle of Dandenong Rd or something.

And how is the crazed man's actions any differnet from that of a road rager who rams some soccer mum off the road to have a scream at her for poor driving? Why dont we see media interviews from them telling us how the D-grade driver cut them off in the right lane "forcing" them to ram the fools car off the road to stop the menace!

The fact is, he seriously endangered lives with his actions and should be charged without pity.

Last edited by T_Terror; 21-02-2005 at 08:02 PM.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 09:02 PM   #38
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I know one of the guys who was there (his car is mentioned in that post) and I've heard so many different stories about it I'm not going to listen to any until I hear it from his mouth.

I've been on that exact go kart track in my car and f*cking hell, what a crazy bastard. I'm sure as hell glad he wasn't grogged up the night I was there. Fair enough he could of blocked the road and waiting til the cops came, but ramming cars at speed, that's not on. The old ******** could of killed someone.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 09:05 PM   #39
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Oh and just for the record, it's a dirt road and about 150 metres from the creek until you hit sealed road. Hardly a place for street racing.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #40
Sundeep
Banned

I saw a dude on the new who I swear was at the Dyno Day in Hallam that day the Pontiac stacked. He was with the guy in the XE Turbo (XE-0747 plates, XY351 user name?). He was talking about how the AU he was in/driver of was "packing a bit of punch" when the "old man pulled out" or something like that.

Bit late to the thread but yeah.

I reckon both parties are in the wrong. Damn street racers lol.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2005, 03:04 AM   #41
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

5 0r 6 years ago in NZ, A guy was having big problems with guys breaking into his trucking busines's yard, stealing his diesel (for burnouts) and trashing his trucks etc. then doing burouts outsidehis yard on the road, racing etc. Had been happening for a long time. He did the same thing, waited for them one night, then rolled out into the street in a front-end loader and took out 5 cars. blocked the street with them and called the cops. can't remember what happened to him tho....
Old 22-02-2005, 03:48 AM   #42
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Unfortunately neither side of politics will do this because it's too easy for the media to cry "Government wasting money on street racers" regardless of the facts.
I read the posts on the supra forum and boostcruising.com, its nice to read the reasonably intelligent posts here as opposed to boostcruising.
Regards,
Tote

Last edited by Tote; 22-02-2005 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Couldn't spell at 3am
Tote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2005, 11:40 AM   #43
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Thats pretty funny. Feel sorry for the guys losing their cars, atleast they went somewhere where the only real risk was to themselves.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post