Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
fitzy1980

Default ATO Fraud

Wow... They didn't do things by halves that's for sure..

A couple of planes, 18 properties, 15 million in cash, 25 cars.. List goes on..

Might be a cheap GT40 coming up at auction soon

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money...b99a51fec1660a

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-1...gation/8536288
fitzy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #2
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: ATO Fraud

You'd think if you were to defraud the government you'd stop at a nice house and a nice car. Who wouldn't think a plane wouldn't draw attention?
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
fitzy1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
You'd think if you were to defraud the government you'd stop at a nice house and a nice car. Who wouldn't think a plane wouldn't draw attention?
Exactly..

And considering the father was the deputy commissioner and going after people committing these type of frauds was his job i don't buy for a second he didn't have some type of idea of what was going on..

Whilst i'm sure they are a wealthy family you'd have to think something is dodgy when your son and his "associates" are leading a $165 million dollar lifestyle..
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2017, 04:27 PM   #4
bungarra

Meanwhile the ATO targets, the lower end of the tax spectrum to screw 99.9% of the time. A full audit of ATO personnel should be undertaken.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #5
fitzy1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra View Post
Meanwhile the ATO targets, the lower end of the tax spectrum to screw 99.9% of the time. A full audit of ATO personnel should be undertaken.

My wife said the same thing. I owed the ATO $2,500 a few years back due to a tax return error on my behalf when changing employers.

They hounded and threatened me for months over it..
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's funny because only 1 or 2 weeks ago a bloke from my work didn't get paid and he was with Plutus Payroll.

At the time he was saying that he was sure it would go bust eventually when they offer free payroll when everyone else charges a fee but figured he'd end up ahead by saving the commission from every pay which he did in the end.

Luckily enough for him they ended up having some money unfrozen so he got his wages but is out a bit of super which he will most likely never get.

Now going through his pimp for payroll
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2017, 12:22 AM   #7
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Well actually, they are defrauding us, the Australian public and Australians that legitimately pay tax and expect that our money we contribute is properly spent on services such as medical, roads, schooling and welfare benefits and disability benefits to those in need.

This is disgusting and I hope the AFP pursue these scum and all involved and that they are ground into the dirt....

Maybe junior will loose some weight doing time and not having his snout stuck in the trough, and he might fit in the GT40....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 20-05-2017 at 12:33 AM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2017, 12:35 AM   #8
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy1980 View Post

My wife said the same thing. I owed the ATO $2,500 a few years back due to a tax return error on my behalf when changing employers.

They hounded and threatened me for months over it..
How the system works. Hound thousands of average joes for $2500 each is a lot easier than hounding 2 million out of a James Packer or Rupert Murder.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #9
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I am so disgusted by this fraud thing.

I had significant problems with the ATO also (thanks to a lying tax agent) and it was absolutely nothing compared to what was going on here. They made my life hell for months. I hope these people get extremely serious actions taken against them, for years and years.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post