Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool (NSW) registration being supercharged ?

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone here from NSW got a supercharger on there car ?
Just want to know,what the rules are and how do you get on with registration(NSW) with your car being supercharged.

Do you have to take it some where to be inspected and get passed,is there a lot of hassle to go thru ?

fordon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

Gday mate, Pretty sure the RTA doesnt actually have to be informed if a supercharger has been fitted. make sure your insurance mob knows tho. Car will need to pass an emissions test,there are 2 places, both in sydney that will perform it for free. Then get an engineers cert for all mods done, including ride height, wheels, anything that you have changed that wasnt fitted from factory, get that wrote into a certificate and keep it in the car at all times,so when you get hassled by the police pull that out and they will wont be able to defect you. Certificate can cost $250-$1000

Hope that helps
Wil

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

See its not always that easy peasy... Alot of the blown cars you see on the road have gone through loop holes and tricks to pass them... Engineer's will not even pass a car with a scoop to high, how will they pass a car with say a 6/71?... I would say speak to and engineer b4 you get anything done because if you can get the car engineered then getting a blue slip should not be a problem.. Either way do it all the "proper" way or blow the car and get a botch blue slip and you wil get hounded by the cops no way around it.... Is it possible to keep a blown v8 under 96db? I think it would be very hard so expect the cops to reffer you to a DECC inspection because they cant get you for a metal mountain out of the bonnet
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletGT
See its not always that easy peasy... Alot of the blown cars you see on the road have gone through loop holes and tricks to pass them... Engineer's will not even pass a car with a scoop to high, how will they pass a car with say a 6/71?... I would say speak to and engineer b4 you get anything done because if you can get the car engineered then getting a blue slip should not be a problem.. Either way do it all the "proper" way or blow the car and get a botch blue slip and you wil get hounded by the cops no way around it.... Is it possible to keep a blown v8 under 96db? I think it would be very hard so expect the cops to reffer you to a DECC inspection because they cant get you for a metal mountain out of the bonnet
I thought the superchargers had different noise tesst & were allowed to be louder than 96db. I thought the 96db was the exhaust limit for cars built before '83? & that after that the exhaust limit was 90db.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

they check 2 things when you get a noise test done, they do a exhaust noise test which cant be louder than 96db and also a drive by test which cant checks for induction and exhaust noise.

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

Yeh i was talking pre 83 cars. Im not 100% but i would talk with an engineer b4 i build to make sure it can all be done.. I would think but a blow carby car would be way over the sound limit with say a 3" twin system which makes me think that to get the car "engineered" they have put a very small exhaust or plates in the pipes to shut it up.. All is well and you put you system back to normal and realy why is your can engineered? Im all for seeing blown carby/tuff n/a cars on the road but i think these days we are just sitting ducks. :(
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordon
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone here from NSW got a supercharger on there car ?
Just want to know,what the rules are and how do you get on with registration(NSW) with your car being supercharged.

Do you have to take it some where to be inspected and get passed,is there a lot of hassle to go thru ?
what sort of car do want to supercharge ?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it the black ute Fordon??

Stay away from Marloc Engineering. PM me if you want further details.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR54L
Car will need to pass an emissions test,there are 2 places, both in sydney that will perform it for free.
Hope that helps
Wil
Hi There.

Do you know the names and addresses of these emission testers?.

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
what sort of car do want to supercharge ?
au xr8
Old 16-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #11
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT
Hi There.

Do you know the names and addresses of these emission testers?.

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul, It was the RTA at port botany and penrith, i know that you had to call the RTA to book the vehicle in. It was a 2 month wait when i called, best to give the RTA a call to confirm.

OH..and get some new cats fitted before going to be tested

Wil

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #12
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR54L
Hi Paul, It was the RTA at port botany and penrith, i know that you had to call the RTA to book the vehicle in. It was a 2 month wait when i called, best to give the RTA a call to confirm.

OH..and get some new cats fitted before going to be tested

Wil
Thaks Wil.

Sounds like a good way to "catch" us out. Go to the rta for a "free" check then they knock you back.

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im thinking,Being blown,more chance of getting in trouble,maybe stroking is the safest option,less chance of getting cought.