Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Saiken
Cobra Motorsports

Default (EOI) The Great Australian Run

Well.... i thought i should close down the old thread (seen here) due to so many people posting and not reading the whole thread.

** The Great Australian Run (Name still to be confirmed) **

this is a cruise and not a race

This event will be an 8 day, 4 state cruise that will travel from Brisbane - Sydney - Melbourne - Adelaide.

The cruises' entry cost will be relatively low, we may even raise money for a charity.... **yet to be decided**

People will not need to travel the whole 3000km, however you will need to register prior to the event, as there are on-track events that will require you to have a bunch of paperwork sorted out prior, and there will be a presentation dinner at the end in Adelaide.

All entrants will receive at least a certificate of participation.

The rules are still being drafted, but here is a small extract to give you an idea of what they are like... (they are quiet comprehensive, being around 6-9 pages long)

**Note that this is only an example and does not reflect the official or final rules**

1/ WARRANTIES AND MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
You acknowledge that you abide by the liquor laws of each state. You must not compete with other drivers in any manner. In particular, you must not race with other drivers. You must not place any bets of any kind in relation to the event. You must drive safely and with proper courtesy to all other participants and members of the public. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations whilst in the states visited. Including and without limitation to, all applicable laws of a road and traffic nature in force at the time, the laws relating to the road worthiness of your vehicle and the laws relating to the possession, or importation of prohibited substances, goods or offensive weapons or criminal offences of any kind. If you are refused passage and/or entry/exit to or from any state visited en route, any additional cost incurred is your own responsibility. Please note that ANYONE caught racing on the public highway in any state on route, will be excluded from further participation in the event immediately. No refunds will be made, and all privileges will be withdrawn (i.e. rack events and presentation dinner).
You must conduct yourself appropriately at all times and in accordance with the rules of the hotels and other venues used during the event.
You must not drive at any time whilst under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicating substances. You must not consume any illegal intoxicating substance at any time. You will be refused further participation in the event if you breach of any of these terms and conditions or refuse to follow the instructions given to you during the event by the organisers. In such cases no refunds will be given.

**Please watch for further updates**

FOR SALE1996 EF Series 2 Fairmont Ghia | Ported and Polished Head with Bigger Valves and Springs, Wade 1636, AU Head Gasket, 3.45 LSD, Shift Kitted Auto, RDA Slotted Rotors, QFM Performance Pads,Hornet Scooped Bonnet :evil3: , Custom CAI

Cobra Motorsports
Saiken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Now I get you.

More in the style of the Hot Rod Magazine - PowerTour. Basically a big cruise on the way to the hot rod nationals with events etc on the way.

Hot Rod PowerTour

The 'Cannonball' was just a way to have your car impounded.
Old 20-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Saiken
Cobra Motorsports

Yeah, kind of like power tour , except we dont have a hot rod show at the end, just a dinner

On a side note, i think the mod's have deleted the old thread.....
FOR SALE1996 EF Series 2 Fairmont Ghia | Ported and Polished Head with Bigger Valves and Springs, Wade 1636, AU Head Gasket, 3.45 LSD, Shift Kitted Auto, RDA Slotted Rotors, QFM Performance Pads,Hornet Scooped Bonnet :evil3: , Custom CAI

Cobra Motorsports
Old 21-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
Saiken
Cobra Motorsports

....Through continual research and consideration, at the moment I'm leaning towards the "Royal Flying Doctors Service" as the charity to support for the event

If you have a suggestion please feel free to PM me.

Cobra Motorsports
Old 21-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sounds awesome! should get a lot of news coverage too i hope!

The Royal Flying Doctors Service or maybe a cancer foundation would be good -divide the proceeds into 1/4 for 4 different charities maybe?

Any ballpark number on dates or is it still a maybe depending on interest?
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
Saiken
Cobra Motorsports

At the moment i would say June/July/August 2010... but we might need longer for organisation.

If anyone wanted to know why I'm thinking of the RFDS have a look at what they do, and the fact that they have bases in every major city as well as the country. Then also note that they have to replace their aircraft every 10 years, and the government only provides funding for operational costs.... thus they have to raise the money to purchase all new planes every 10 years. Which works out to be around 350 million every 10 years... and thats just for replacing the planes.....

Cobra Motorsports