Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-10-2007, 10:37 PM   #31
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Last time i checked the ATO don't give refunds on Centrelink payments.. Sorry bud.
Im sure they would if you choose to have tax witheld hehe.

But in answer to your question the best place to find money is walk around the bar of a seedy night club staring at the floor & im sure you will find some $$$ dropped on the floor by pi$$ed punters. :

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #32
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
Im sure they would if you choose to have tax witheld hehe.

But in answer to your question the best place to find money is walk around the bar of a seedy night club starring at the floor & im sure you will find some $$$ dropped on the floor by pi$$ed punters. :
If your staring at the floor in a seedy night club, you have problems and need more help than the money you find can buy.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #33
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the best way to get a bigger tax return is to make up deductions. the ATO audits very few people per year so its unlikely you'll ever get caught. even if you do just play dumb
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #34
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
the best way to get a bigger tax return is to make up deductions. the ATO audits very few people per year so its unlikely you'll ever get caught. even if you do just play dumb
Your footprint has just been downloaded by the ATO's cheif Auditor expect a letter in the mail very very soon. :

Make up deductions wtf? : (it will get you more time in the clink but)

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 11:01 PM   #35
FordFan86
meow

On a more serious note:
www.pureprofile.com
Takes a month or so to get $20, but hey, easy, free money.

Also, check out noticeboards are your local uni, I know where i'm at the psychology area and related are running studies every few weeks... quick $10-$25 dollars depending on time commitment and the stuff is dead easy... I just did one that involved nothing more than pressing 2 buttons for 30ish minutes off and on which was studying spatial and memory capacity. Once you've done a few and get your email address to the right people you dont even have to go looking, they'll send you an email with what's required for the study and you can pick and choose. On top of this you're actually helping someone better their research.
EDIT: Before you say anything, no you don't have to be a uni student to be able to part take in the studies, or at least not the ones i've done.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #36
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12000
hello if anyone has any knowledge on getting extra money please share your tips/tricks on doing it because i dont get much money and im wondering what to do about it eg getting bigger tax returns.

how do you get bigger tax returns because im looking for my aunty to get bigger tax returns
Get a job paying about 6 figures. Around $250,000 PA should do it and I am sure you will be able to see a bigger return than currently receiving. Especially if you can have a few properties negative geared?

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #37
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Get a job paying about 6 figures. Around $250,000 PA should do it and I am sure you will be able to see a bigger return than currently receiving. Especially if you can have a few properties negative geared?
Everyone is being so harsh!! PM me 12000 and I will give ya some tips!!

Negative gear...that's how you drive isn't it??
Old 16-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #38
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
That's what i'm talking bout... all I need is a bank to give me money to buy the house/unit to put people in to rent it and pay off the loan for me... problem is the banks want to see that I am capable of paying the loan... which quite frankly i cant haha. :(
Old 16-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #39
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Buy old cars from the trading post (Without rwc)... Clean them, fix them and get them rwc as cheaply as possible..

You cant lose.

12000, there are thousands of ways to make money. The problem is, there are so many Australians who are not willing to get out of bed before 7am to get out there and use their initiative. If you stay off the booze, stay away from the drugs, work a steady job without hiccups (sick days....), you are only going to make more money each year. The workforce is rewarding for those who want to work.... simple.

Look, the fastest way to bring home $800+ a week after tax is to either go work on the mines, or become a construction laborer on a fast tracked Government infrastructure project (Both require little skill to get in). Such companies as Multifix, Steel Fixing Australia, or even Thiess/Leightons will be a good start for you to have a look. I work for Thiess as a Structural/Civil Engineer (Im 21 btw), and see many a worker join up earning huge paychecks as a laborer. Its the way to go Chief.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #40
dtp

Quote:
hello if anyone has any knowledge on getting extra money please share your tips/tricks on doing it because i dont get much money and im wondering what to do about it eg getting bigger tax returns.

how do you get bigger tax returns because im looking for my aunty to get bigger tax returns
Take it easy guys...
He needs some help!
Here is the easy way to make more money: try to make $1 in first week, $2 in second week, $4 in third week, $8 in fourth week..... keep doing it within a year you should be more than millionaire : Good luck!

2020 Mustang GT fastback
Magnetic, 10 sp automatic
dtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #41
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Rodderz was being silly and unkind. You couldnt be expected to travel to Scotland to work. Here is something in Melbourne...no experience, good money and when you progress your career, you can add 'outstanding customer service' to your CV.

http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/i...JobID=10531302

BTW, I also think 12000 isnt as dumb as he makes out, I just dont think he is as smart as he likes to think he is.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #42
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Start a web site.. apparently theres good money in that sort of "side interest" :
At least the numbers are the right way round... 20 goes into 40 more times than 40 can go into 20!
Old 17-10-2007, 12:42 AM   #43
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sell your trash on Ebay and list it as, 'RARE' or 'COLLECTOR'S ITEM'

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #44
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Sell your trash on Ebay and list it as, 'RARE' or 'COLLECTOR'S ITEM'
HeHehe!! How true that is!!
Old 17-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #45
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Salary sacrificing is a help (contribute more to your superannuation), as does investing in shares. I recommend the dividend reinvestment plan where your paid dividend is in the equivalent in shares. You'll get franking credits from this which will lower your tax threshold and you'll get a bit more back.

Accountants, correct me please as I probably stuffed something up...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 12:49 AM   #46
Geez Louise
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Salary sacrificing is a help (contribute more to your superannuation), as does investing in shares. I recommend the dividend reinvestment plan where your paid dividend is in the equivalent in shares. You'll get franking credits from this which will lower your tax threshold and you'll get a bit more back.

Accountants, correct me please as I probably stuffed something up...
Nah...you are on the right track. Allowances are also good! Good for the employer and employee! Shares are good...but NOT T1 or T2. Go for Bluechip. Cost more but the returns are better. I love it when it is dividends time! Cha- ching!!
Old 17-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #47
gtfpv
GT

well from my humble 38 years here . the people isee with money. are the ones that bring sandwiches to work everyday , forever. they drive hq utes, or hyundi excells . they shop at franklins and jewels . they run thier HQ 202'S on lpg. they work more than one job. they always work. they go on hoidays to tourist destinations , and rent cabins in a caravan park . they wear the same old tan suit . to weddings, funarals , and dinner outings . they are the ones with calculators whilst doing the groceries, they often go to the teller from mid isle , because their budgets have been reached . they have an investment property, and another , and another , and another .
repeat steps >>> all of the above , forever , and ever , and ever. thtas how rich people live . it's only the super super rich . or the middle class in debt to thier neck . that go on 5 star holidays . buy gt's and porches and boats .
those of us that are rich by standard . spread their corn flakes out evenly , every day. ( make that , golden flakes > generic brand)
one must decide in what way they want wealth.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 01:16 AM   #48
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Read, learn, work, invest.....

Start with someone like these guys....

http://www.macquarieprivatewealth.com.au/default.aspx

I can highly reccomend them. I had 60K in an account with them 12 months ago..... I now have 102K in that account without putting any extra cash in.

But you must choose your own strategy... What works for one may not work for another.
Work, earn, work some more, save, save, save.
Old 17-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #49
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

drug mules make good cash too
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #50
cuz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Simple... Just do what everbody else does and sit @ home, watch telly, smoke a lot, few beers, get up late and most importantly... wait for the money to come pouring in.
Forget all this hard work and sacrificing crud, just wait @ home and it'll all come to you.

Good luck!
Old 17-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #51
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Keep an eye out for those friendly Nigerian blokes there always trying to give away money
_2:
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #52
Ringo
I see you....

Any good at football? There could be an opening for a new mid-fielder at a Perth based club very soon.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #53
FordFan86
meow

Money, its a crime.
Share it fairly but dont take a slice of my pie.
and bass 2, 3, 4....
Old 17-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #54
tolzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Everyone is being so harsh!! PM me 12000 and I will give ya some tips!!

Negative gear...that's how you drive isn't it??
Don't come come to ford forums for a warm shoulder, try the prius forum
tolzero is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #55
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz351
1.Simple... sit @ home,
2.watch telly,
3.smoke a lot,
4.few beers,
5.get up late

Good luck!
1. I like my home...
2. More DVD's than anything else really, and the net.
3. Not that much
4. Bourbon man here
5. 11am is still morning
Nah i work nights, just wanted to be a smartass...

But its funny the people i talk to at work, Most are on the dole, have enough for heaps of booze and have absolutely no intention of ever working...
I ask why they dont work, and i get "why bother? i can get money staying home all day"

sorry, it entertained me for 5 minutes...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #56
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
At least the numbers are the right way round... 20 goes into 40 more times than 40 can go into 20!
Sounds like there might be a bit of that going on too....

Old 17-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #57
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Start a web site.. apparently theres good money in that sort of "side interest" :
'AILF', 'Pimp hat Aunt' or 'I ain't Ever Seen An Aunt Like That'! Its all good :
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post