Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
xr8svo
Sykmat

Default Stereo Removal LT Focus

I am installing an aftermarket head unit into my LT Focus. I got everything ready then realised that I need special tools to remove the factory unit, the flat thin ones not the round wire like ones. Does anyone know where I can get a set in Brisbane? I have seen them on EBAY but that will take a month to arrive. IS there any other way to get the head unit out with out them?

Regards

Matt.

xr8svo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
ConradP

Default Re: Stereo Removal LT Focus

Check out your dealers parts/service dept, they could have them or be able to get one in quicker than a month, only catch is you'll be paying more.
Old 19-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
xr8svo
Sykmat

I tried all that they only have the wire type. I have bee nable to successfully manufacture some out of some old file folders with the metal strip at the top, Worked a treat.
xr8svo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

What about asking a local stereo install place if they can release the original unit from the dash for you, then order a set of the tools off eBay to have on hand in case you need to pull it out again. Obviously you will need to check that everything is functioning properly on the new unit before reinstalling it in the dash
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post