Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Haemophiliac

Default After market management Anyone in Aus done one

Still having troubles since installing 4-2-1 miltek extractors on the car. My last option before scrapping them is retuning with an aftermarket computer. Has anyone done this in aus? i'm in brisbane.

Prehaps someone in the know would know if a bluefin or something from the uk could be imported and used.

Cheers.

Please help me i am going insane..... and broke

K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Haemophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
0xyg3n

What sort of trouble are you still having. Is it just the engine warning light. I know the dreamscience in the uk can turn the warning light off.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Haemophiliac

no the air flow etc is too different from stock, there isnt enough heat and the cpu is throwing codes in the computer and making it run ... well ok but not as good as it should. It just needs to be retuned with the airflow it is getting. Everything is still running fine, just different.
K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Old 12-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

try a UNIchip mate....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Did you end up buying the Cat simulator?
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #6
Haemophiliac

yeah for the second sensor, that works fine, its the first sensor before the cat that is the problem. I did have a look at unichips a while ago but didnt want to spend the money. But now that it will be a problem fix and a performance thing i might just do it. Also have the money no probs this time.

just hoped someone else had gone down this road already lol
Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

heaps of ppl from the UK have used them...

Old 12-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #8
Haemophiliac

ok well that looks like the go, just a matter of seeing who will do it cheapest but properly. I doubt too many have been done in australia
Old 12-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haemophiliac
ok well that looks like the go, just a matter of seeing who will do it cheapest but properly. I doubt too many have been done in australia
it all comes down to the TUNER which will depend on how well the install goes.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
Haemophiliac

yeah i figured. Its cool, i already have a couple of places in mind. CNJ and bob romano's.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #11
photn
AFF Post NAZI

tell us how you go with it too... i will be looking at getting one in the future if all goes well... and the cost lolz... need to know the cost.....

Old 14-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #12
Haemophiliac

gonna cost me $1250 fitted and tuned incl. gst. (unichip)

reckons it will typicaly add ~8kw at the wheels on small engine twin cam engines. Which is not earth shattering but its only half the reason i'm doing it. probably better drivability too. Getting it done next friday so i will let you all know how it goes.
Old 22-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #13
Haemophiliac

Well its been in and..... it didnt get chipped. CNJ thought it wasnt worth the money. They thought the fuel mixtures timing etc was pretty good as is and didnt think that he could improve the power to warrent $1250.

He also had a look at what was happening before and after the check light was coming on and said that there was no difference. Its just a case of the o2 sensor is about 2 or 3 feet from where it was on the stock exhaust and it was throwing the cpu out, not effecting perfomance or doing damage tho.
Old 30-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #14
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Quote:
Well its been in and..... it didnt get chipped. CNJ thought it wasnt worth the money. They thought the fuel mixtures timing etc was pretty good as is and didnt think that he could improve the power to warrent $1250.

He also had a look at what was happening before and after the check light was coming on and said that there was no difference. Its just a case of the o2 sensor is about 2 or 3 feet from where it was on the stock exhaust and it was throwing the cpu out, not effecting perfomance or doing damage tho.
So then what's the net result? Will you change the location of the o2 sensor? Re-chip?

What about just modifying the existing EMS prog to suit your needs?
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #15
photn
AFF Post NAZI

the existing EMS is troublesom. so far to date no one has bothered or been able to crack the code for the Fiesta's EMS, apart from the XR4/ST. so unfortunately you have to go Aftermarket Management.

Old 30-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #16
Haemophiliac

will do nothing, the light has yet to come back on now, so prehaps the replacing of the o2 sensor a couple of weeks ago has helped to settle it down, and few code clearances and the cpu has forgotten it has a problem...

the check light will come back on, but its not changing anything. So its not effecting performance and its not doing any damage to the car.

And for those of you interested i have 65.1 kw at the wheels @ ~ 5500rpm, i know i know, the sheer power of my beast is just awesome
Old 31-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #17
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And for those of you interested i have 65.1 kw at the wheels @ ~ 5500rpm, i know i know, the sheer power of my beast is just awesome
How much is that at the flywheel?, which is the figures we are all used to seeing from auto makers.

All the money you've spent on the Fiesta, and your looking at possibly spending more!!........Surely it's just not worth it, sounds like all it's given you is one big headache.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #18
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

^^^

Probably about 78kw-80kw at the fly

Haemophiliac's fiesta got about 1kw more than my fiesta did. Which had Apollo intake and a cat back exhaust.

Im sure the extractors would make the car sounds quite nice, but whether this extra noise is justified by the price tag that comes with it is a totally different matter.

But its all a learning experience, and the Fiesta was a great car Just not the kind of car you modify (except maybe the suspension )

Happy days
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #19
Haemophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
How much is that at the flywheel?, which is the figures we are all used to seeing from auto makers.

All the money you've spent on the Fiesta, and your looking at possibly spending more!!........Surely it's just not worth it, sounds like all it's given you is one big headache.

hehe, yeah more money lol. If i ever try to sell it i'll prolly have to put the stock extractors back on to get the light to go off.

Aint no way i am spending any more on it now:P i need to amend my sig
Old 01-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #20
Haemophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
^^^

Probably about 78kw-80kw at the fly

Haemophiliac's fiesta got about 1kw more than my fiesta did. Which had Apollo intake and a cat back exhaust.

Im sure the extractors would make the car sounds quite nice, but whether this extra noise is justified by the price tag that comes with it is a totally different matter.

But its all a learning experience, and the Fiesta was a great car Just not the kind of car you modify (except maybe the suspension )

Happy days
well i kinda had fun doing it, but yeah never again am i gonna mess with extractors and 02 sensors on a car unless i am gareenteed no probs