Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 05-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
bigrod
Starter Motor

Talking AU Auto slipping, anyone in the know??HELP

Hello all, my problem is that my Ford AU 1999 XR6 VCT (adaptive shift) 4speed auto sed. Auto transmission slips on take off from 1st gear most mornings these days, in the cold early morning in Brisbane. It only happends on the first couple of right hand corners I take after leaving home, within 1-2 minutes of leaving home. I stop to turn right and when I take off the motor will rev like its in neutral, I then quickly put it in neutral then back into drive and its ok.then maybe at the next corner down the road it will do it again. It has done it most mornings over the last 2 weeks. After it warms up it is fine. It sits at work all day and on the way home its fine. I can’t work it out. Is it because of the very cold mornings we have been having in Brisbane?, I don’t think so. The auto has done 130000 k’s, has been serviced around every 50000. I did do a service 3 months ago myself, replaced the filter and oil, refilled around 3.8l till it started to overflow out of the filler hole, the car was level, was there an air bubble in there?. The oil I took out was a little bit brownish and slight burnt smell but not too bad, sump magnet had some sludge fixed to it but not too much. Do you think it needs more oil?? Is it on its way out?? Any info on my slipping 4 speed auto will be welcomed as I think I will turn out one morning and get mown down by a truck cause I can’t get moving.

Thanks in advanced

Rod.

bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post