Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #31
hayseed

Default Re: Longevity of power tools, best brands for DIY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Been looking at buying an impact driver for a few weeks, my Mrs just gave me one for my birthday, my daughters boyfriend helped her pick it out.
It's a Ryobi so I went looking on the box to see where it's made, expecting to see "Made in China", but no, "Made in the P.R.C."
I'm guessing the maker company for Oz and NZ trying to disguise it a bit.
Have look where Dewalt & Milwaukee are made..
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2021, 07:16 PM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
I’ve got at least a dozen ozito power x change battery tools, very good for the money. I tried an ozito battery powered paint sprayer it got replaced 3 times under Bunnings warranty no questions asked.
That's the great thing about Bunnings. They are more like a supermarket in how they handle their warranty and returns.

You take something back, give the receipt and you get little fuss or questions.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2021, 07:20 PM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Forgot to mention, comes with a six year warranty, hard to argue with that.
Just got to remember in 6 years time where I kept the receipt.
Take a picture and email it to yourself. Use some easy to search words in the subject

This user likes this post:
Old 15-03-2021, 07:30 PM   #34
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
You take something back, give the receipt and you get little fuss or questions.
I had an experience far removed from this at one Bunnings last year. They effectively implied I was attempting to scam them over a $19 item that was found damaged inside its packaging. Ever since then I’ve made the register staff open/unpack items where concealed damage is a risk.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2021, 07:39 PM   #35
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Bit more expensive than Ryobi but I use AEG for work and stuff at home. 6 year warranty as well and it is all stored on their website when you enter in the serial numbers on each item. Only had problems with one circular saw not being balanced properly and I was in and out of Bunnings with a new one in under ten minutes. I still have impact drivers from 4 years ago that going strong, being used every day in all weather conditions, covered in mud etc whilst landscaping. Downside they are a bit louder than some brands but they are just as powerful or more than most of the really pricey brands.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2021, 07:55 PM   #36
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
Bit more expensive than Ryobi but I use AEG for work and stuff at home. 6 year warranty as well and it is all stored on their website when you enter in the serial numbers on each item. Only had problems with one circular saw not being balanced properly and I was in and out of Bunnings with a new one in under ten minutes. I still have impact drivers from 4 years ago that going strong, being used every day in all weather conditions, covered in mud etc whilst landscaping. Downside they are a bit louder than some brands but they are just as powerful or more than most of the really pricey brands.
Besides the one 240v Dewalt drill I have left I've migrated over to AEG for all my power tools, AC & Cordless

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2021, 08:04 PM   #37
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You look like a busy man with all those tools.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2021, 08:05 PM   #38
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I had an experience far removed from this at one Bunnings last year. They effectively implied I was attempting to scam them over a $19 item that was found damaged inside its packaging. Ever since then I’ve made the register staff open/unpack items where concealed damage is a risk.
That's a shame - especially for such a low cost item.

Old 15-03-2021, 08:07 PM   #39
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
You look like a busy man with all those tools.
Small crew and a lot of work at the moment.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2021, 08:49 AM   #40
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Looking at all that makes me glad my work tools are all Armstrong powered.

Though I do have some AEG powered stuff I use at home.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #41
zilo
BANNED

I have a sizeable collection of tools

...deWalt compound saw...
Makita everything almost...love the angle grinders with cutting discs..

Ozito for stuff that breaks...love the warranty on Ozito...and they do indeed break.

But...the best value is the Aldi stuff...the drills are 40 bucks....the lithium 4A batteries are 39 bucks...try and do that with Makita...

It's all about the batteries with the rechargeable sheet..aldi wins down and there are about 5 million tools that use the same battery.
Aldi battery chargers? 20 bucks.

Warranty ? 5 Years on most of the battery stuff.

Bunnings....bought a 79 dollar chain saw, after 30 minutes use I hit a nail.
Took back to bunnings to get the right replacement chain, get bailed up by a man in a red suit..."whats wrong cobber?"

"Won't cut wood no more mate" I said..

"that's no good cobber, come over here and lets get you a new one in a box"

No crap...thats exactly how it went........

I
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2021, 02:11 AM   #42
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ozito for hammer and hammer/rotary drills.

Had a burst sewer pipe under a driveway slab, had to jack hammer a rectangular slab apart. Went to Kennards and hired a Hilti jackhammer for a day.

I realised the amount I had to jackhammer was going to take another 2 days, did the figures, and for a tiny bit more than 2 days Hilti hire got a Ozito rockbreaker 18.5 kg jackhammer.

Cut through the slab like butter- much better than the Hilti.

Used the Ozito to jackhammer rear slab of house, then 21 year old 40 mpa concrete retaining wall pads around railway sleepers set in clay- down 300 to get levels for new concrete slab- now that was hard- even for the Ozito due to the surrounding reinforcing clay which made it hard to break the concrete- but it kept doing 7 hour 6 days a week for about 2 weeks to do the job.

Some of the concrete pads encassing the railway sleepers were pulled out whole by an excavator- had to break them with the Ozito- just kept going. All that concrete that I broke I used as big drainage pieces on top of blue metal in geotech blankets behind a new block retaining wall. No tip fees, no charge for clean large rubble for behind retaining wall- all thanks to the Ozito which cost slightly more than another 2 days Hilti hire....

Have a smaller Ozito rotary jackhammer that has done sterling work building a recording studio and drilling mortar- and drilling ventilation strips through brick - just keeps going.

Cannot beat Ozito for jackhammers- for other tools can be too heavy- they use cast metal and not light alloys in some bodies etc- like a hedge trimmer- so heavy- who needs a gym workout.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 27-03-2021 at 02:18 AM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2021, 05:59 PM   #43
tweeked
N/A all the way

I am just a DIY'er, but dont mind taking on a tricky job with the right tool. Now have about 30 of the Ozito PXC range, and they have nearly done every the job I bought them for. Having 9 batteries of various sizes and 2 chargers plus a spare gets rid of any "charge stress"

The only PXC tool that was a bit of a waste was the Impact wrench. 215NM meant that it couldn't undo wheel nuts that were on the tight side. So I just got a Milwaukee mid torque - they advertise over 800nm . Whips wheel nuts off easy as, including when I tried a few off a Semi at work. You can see and feel the difference in quality. I grabbed a battery adapter so my Ozito batteries go straight on to it. I will use the 5.2 top battery with it, as I am sure that the Milwaukee batteries would be better, but this combo does everything I will ever ask of it, and no need to have another battery set.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2021, 12:17 PM   #44
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi

Rockwell is good for budget tools recently bought couple of that brand power tools and been told that brand is ok
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #45
Honest Gaza

Quote:
Forgot to mention, comes with a six year warranty, hard to argue with that.
Just got to remember in 6 years time where I kept the receipt.
To get the 6 Year Warranty, I think you have to Register them with Ryobi (4 Years Standard, 6 Years if Registered).

As part of the registering process, you upload a copy of the Receipt...so losing it is not an issue.
Honest Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post