Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post Whats Hot and Whats Not in Sales in 2017.

'WHAT'S HOT
SPORTS CARS
Ford's Mustang and the Mercedes C-Class coupe are responsible for an almost 12 per cent jump in sports car registrations in the first seven months of the year. The Mustang accounts for almost half of the 12,000 cars sold in the sub-$80,000 category, while Benz has more than 40 per cent of the luxury segment.
MEDIUM SUVS
People are clambering into these at a record rate - but not the expensive ones. The mainstream segment is up by 20 per cent with the Mitsubishi Outlander and Hyundai Tucson the major contributors. Mazda's CX-5 is still the class leader. Prestige SUVs are flat, though Jaguar defied the trend by selling almost 900 of its wagon-styled F-Pace.
HONDA
The Civic sedan/hatch pair is driving 11 per cent growth for Honda in 2017 - and masking the fact the Japanese maker has lost ground with all of its other models. Last month's arrival of a new CR-V should help the annual tally. More than 7600 Civics have found homes this year, putting it in sixth place in the small car class.
PEOPLE-MOVERS
They're a practical way to transport a tribe and the more recent examples drive better than many large SUVs. The segment has grown by almost 7 per cent in 2017, with the Kia Carnival the dominant player, followed by the Honda Odyssey and Volkswagen Multivan.

WHAT'S NOT
MICRO CARS
A 25 per cent slide to about 4000 sales this year shows Australians aren't enamoured with baby cars. The tally would be worse but for the recent arrival of the Kia Picanto, which sold 1800. Mitsubishi's ageing Mirage, from about $14,000 on the road, appeals to budget buyers.
NISSAN
Not having passenger cars helps explain why Nissan's numbers are down by 12 per cent. The company dropped its ageing and unloved sedan and hatch line-up to focus on SUVs and utes and that strategy is working. Still, the 34,000 sales lag the 39,000 this time last year.
SMALL SUVS
As buyers gravitate to larger vehicles or turn to prestige items such as the Audi A2 and BMW's X1, the segment is down by almost 4 per cent to 57,000 vehicles. Mazda's CX-3 predictably sets the pace (10,686 sales) but the Mitsubishi ASX (10,583) mounts a huge challenge.
2WD PICK-UPS
A slump in Mitsubishi Triton sales and the imminent demise of the Holden ute is behind an almost 8 per cent fall in two-wheel-drive pick-ups. The Triton has sold 2007 but that is about 700 off last year's pace. The Holden ute still sells about 300 a month but last year it was doing better than 400." https://www.themorningbulletin.com.a...-2017/3211442/
Old 15-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Whats Hot and Whats Not in Sales in 2017.

Life is interesting that we all (mostly) like different things ... other than the Mustang and Holden ute I can't see anything on that list I'd expend the effort to turn my head to look at, let alone buy.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do like the look of that F-pace, hopefully they keep selling so there's more on the 2nd hand Market
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's no wonder small cars are down now that cars are a fashion statement. My youngest sisters friends are 22-24 and all roll around in Evoques when they're all single with no kids.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #5
GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
I do like the look of that F-pace, hopefully they keep selling so there's more on the 2nd hand Market
I'm picking up an F Pace for my wife on Friday. 3 litre supercharged V6.
GT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2 View Post
I'm picking up an F Pace for my wife on Friday. 3 litre supercharged V6.
The F Pace is, apart from the Range Rover Vogue, the only SUV that I can genuinely feel any emotion for.

What colour did you settle on.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2017, 09:30 PM   #7
GT2

Storm Grey with black trim and 22" wheels.
I have a photo of the new medium size Range Rover but I don't know how to add to the post.
GT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #8
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin View Post
Life is interesting that we all (mostly) like different things ... other than the Mustang and Holden ute I can't see anything on that list I'd expend the effort to turn my head to look at, let alone buy.
I'm definitely keen on a Mustang Ecoboost in about 3 years in the second hand market. But if I choose a sedan again over the less practical (but generally awesome) Mustang, the Kia Stinger 2.0T has got my interest.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post