Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #91
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: OBD II reader and Forscan program.

G'day Dazza,

I've never experienced an issue like that, I'm sure some one on this forum will have more tech knowledge to answer your question.

Cheers, Bondy
bondy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #92
hales231271

OK

Found the issue.
Changed out ECU with another.
Looks like I Had a dodgy ECU?

Soon as I connected the forscan with new ECU connected without problems.
Used the same cache ECU as well.

Changed back and problem occurred again. So I can confirm bad ECU.

Cheers
Dazza
hales231271 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #93
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so at the risk of actually getting an answer , will one these work on 02/2000 au wagon?
Old 08-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #94
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfalcon View Post
so at the risk of actually getting an answer , will one these work on 02/2000 au wagon?
Will one of what work with you wagon? If you are talking about the ELM327, yes it will.

Just be aware though, AUs are not fully OBDII complient, so you will need to use the Forscan software as it seems to have proven results by many.

What risk did you take? What was at risk?

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #95
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD View Post
Will one of what work with you wagon? If you are talking about the ELM327, yes it will.

Just be aware though, AUs are not fully OBDII complient, so you will need to use the Forscan software as it seems to have proven results by many.

What risk did you take? What was at risk?

Cheers
Stu
thank you , i have asked a few times about this , you are the first one to actually answer , so i will need to download the forscan program for it to work, any particular elm327 i should look for?
Old 09-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #96
Supersnake
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfalcon View Post
thank you , i have asked a few times about this , you are the first one to actually answer , so i will need to download the forscan program for it to work, any particular elm327 i should look for?
This the one I've got, works fine with forscan on my 03/2000 Ute. I think it's a must have tool, especially for the price!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELM327-V1...63c85e3&_uhb=1

Last edited by Supersnake; 09-09-2014 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Forgot link!
Supersnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #97
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-Bluetooth-WiFi-V1-5-ELM327-OBDII-2-Car-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-BAAU-/191006682065?pt=AU_Gadgets&var=&hash=item2c78e2abd 1

Pick one, they'll all do what you want.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #98
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK I finally got off my backside and purchased a blue tooth ELM327 scanner and got it running with a laptop using Windows 7 with Forscan.
Pulled up a DTC in the Instrument cluster module - B1201 Fuel gauge sender open circuit.
This was not news as my fuel gauge had a pattern of flickering from full to empty after filling up for about 30km since fairly new.
I knew there was a fix using a revised sender but didn't think it was a big bother.
A big thank you to the members who post their findings as it take ownership and maintenance to a higher level!
cheers
Bill
Old 25-10-2014, 02:39 AM   #99
EeeK-Daz23
Starter Motor

Hi all i just scored a nice 2002 BA XR6 for $3.5k and thought one of these units would be a good investment, Just wondering if there is much difference between the different models or if they all do the same stuff?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HHOBD-ELM...item2c77f388f4

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2014-Mini...item258866336b

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Auto-Car-...item2c6f7917b4

Much difference between these other then looks?

Thanks.
EeeK-Daz23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #100
12slots4ever

Hi everybody. I too have just ordered an OBD11 after reading good things. My quiery is that when you plug the device in that " a heap of old codes come up " and that people are clearing those "old" codes and dealing with whatever new ones are there. Don't fault codes indicate a repair is needed? How are old codes just erased without any action? Can't wait for mine to arrive!!
12slots4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #101
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Often a very tiny glitch/one off situation causes a code to come up, so its not indicative of a fault but more that it happened.

You can write down all the codes, but you clear them, then keep track of them, if it comes up all the time then you have a fault, also if something odd happens and you check for the code you can then decide what you want to do, ignore or fix/investigate further.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #102
12slots4ever

Well my OBDII Vgate scan tool arrived today and I couldn't wait to plug it in! We have opened the TORQUE programme and plugged it in BUT BUT BUT it won't connect to the ECU!! Any ideas please!! George
Old 07-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #103
12slots4ever

Well I purchased the Torque programme & also downloaded FORscan for the elm327. As soon as I plug the V-gate Bluetooth scan tool the power light comes on & I've had the PC light flicker but no OBD light. I get a error message stating that the ECU not communicating. I have seen pictures on the net that show an emissions sticker that states that this vehicle is obd11 compatable. My sticker does NOT have this on it. Surely an AU XR8 s2 built mid 2000 is obd11 compatable! Has anybody got a similar car and had a problem with just getting started with the scan tool??? Thank you. George

Last edited by 12slots4ever; 07-11-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Was going to add
Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #104
12slots4ever

Sorry to be a pain but I was going to add that in setting up I was directed to where you pick the " comport " you wish to use. I couldn't get any of them to work numbers 1 through 8 and I really don't know WHAT that means!! Thank you again
Old 08-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #105
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12slots4ever View Post
Sorry to be a pain but I was going to add that in setting up I was directed to where you pick the " comport " you wish to use. I couldn't get any of them to work numbers 1 through 8 and I really don't know WHAT that means!! Thank you again
COM ports often allocate much higher than 1 to 8. Go to your device manager and find the device under COM & LPT ports. You can also change the COM port number here to one in the range you need - provided one is free. Good luck.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 09-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #106
ifla2450
Starter Motor

Hi guys

My au 2 is using a lot of fuel , i bought a elm327 plugged it in and got a code of P0340 ( using ForScan )

after a lot of mucking around ( no one knew what i wanted ) i purchased a second hand cmp sensor from a wrecker

i installed the cmp then rescanned , the code has gone from the DTC page

but when i start the vehicle for live data it states that there still is a problem with the cmp sensor

according to the manual there is only 1 CMP sensor and it is on the front of the engine above the harmonic balancer ( to the right of the crankshaft sensor ) , but if you put your mouse pointer over the red cmp on this page it states there are 2 cmp sensors and they are both located on the rear of the engine for a i6

im confused as to what i have actually changed - according to the numbers on the product i purchased it was indeed a CMP sensor ( i only found 1 reference to it and it was on ebay ) , the other reason is even the wreckers did not know what i wanted , the original part they showed me was not the part i was after, i had to open the bonnet and show them what i wanted

Do i need to replace both CMP and CPS sensors at same time ( like the manual indicated but doesnt exactly say it )

from the above table readings is anyone able to point me in the right direction as to what is wrong
ifla2450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #107
steves6403
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The screen of 2nd forscan had the temp at 57. Had the engine warmed up when you did the forscan?
steves6403 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #108
ifla2450
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves6403 View Post
The screen of 2nd forscan had the temp at 57. Had the engine warmed up when you did the forscan?
No it had not , i dont recall if it asked me to , but im going for a drive and im going to rescan it then

i found this Article here on the forums http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...?articleid=212 it has the information in it i need

after reading that thread i now know what to do -- why the wreckers did not tell me it was the wrong part i dont know but it just shows how honest and helpful they are but at least i learnt how take the drive belt off , remove the radiator and belt tensioner assembly and put it all back on - that was a first

bursons said they could not help , now i know why
ifla2450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #109
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves6403 View Post
57 DegC is hardly warm. Stock thermostats do not open until 92 DegC.

In your tune (on a V8, assuming the same for a I6), the ECU does not consider the engine warm until 160 DegF or 71.11 DegC. This is used as a switch for a variety of ECU functions.

Cheers
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 14-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #110
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I heard that Forscan can be used to pair the ECU and BEM, is this possible and how is it done? I am looking to get the Forscan software and ELM327 adapter if it's possible to do it.

Would it involve the following process?

1. Install new ECU and BEM into car.
2. Plug in ELM327, run Forscan and switch on car's accessories.
3. Edit catch codes in ECU and BEM to match.

Would I then do a reprogram on my keys to match?

Thanks...

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #111
pundit
Gazza!

I know on B series you can do a PATS reset when you replace a PCM (Done it on a mates BA)..

You need to register on the forscan forum then activate forscan (its free), then go to service producers, BEM, and them PATS reset.. took around 5-10 mins..
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2016, 04:59 PM   #112
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Thank you, pundit. I found this on the Forscan forum:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.p...&t=30&start=30

It seems that AU/BA/BF PATS reset has since been implemented since being requested mid-2015:

http://www.fordmods.com/post1439944.html

Quote:
...have scanned a au recently with Forscan, works well on AU/BA/BF.

Forscan Rocks. gets better with every relese and update which happens frequently.
Worth Noting that Forscan can do a PATS reset and match ECU/PCM to the BCM. as with ford doing it you need 2 keys (and a minimum of 1 already coded to the BCM to get you started)

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
3 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2016, 11:46 AM   #113
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Can I use Forscan and the elm adaptor to find an ABS fault on the missus's AU?
If so which adaptors are you guys using with good results?
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2016, 10:27 AM   #114
hawkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
Can I use Forscan and the elm adaptor to find an ABS fault on the missus's AU?
If so which adaptors are you guys using with good results?

I used a $8 USB OBD11 from ebay with Forscan on AU1 Fairlane and it worked fine and read the fault codes fine.

get the USB and use with laptop, I had no luck with the WIFI or Bluetooth
hawkie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2016, 01:06 PM   #115
Dauphin
Irregular member

^ Exactly what I did.

Old 28-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #116
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Same here

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #117
TimXR6

Just received my ELM327 scanner from ebay

Downloaded Forscan to laptop

Tried to run it on my BF11 Turbo- Wont connect to vehicle.

Try it on my AU11 XR8 and works no problem.

Have tried it a few times now on the BF and keep getting 'cant connect to vehicle'.

The scanner is getting power, as it lights up. When first plugged in, it lights up green then scales back to 2 red lights. It does this on the xr8 as well.

Any ideas? Not sure where to start.

cheers

Last edited by TimXR6; 19-04-2017 at 04:02 PM.
TimXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #118
diceman01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimXR6 View Post

Have tried it a few times now on the BF and keep getting 'cant connect to vehicle'.

The scanner is getting power, as it lights up. When first plugged in, it lights up green then scales back to 2 red lights. It does this on the xr8 as well.

cheers
Not sure if it's been answered but you will need a modified ELM327 to support CAN. You will find them on eBay already done. Otherwise look at buying a clone VCM II. I have one and it works well.
VZ Monaro CV8 Phantom Black
diceman01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #119
te5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimXR6 View Post

cheers
Did you install the elm softwate as well? Just went through same process 3 weeks prior

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
te5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #120
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How do I get Forscan to read live data like in "ifla2450" post.

All I know about Forscan it reads and resets DTC codes.

I'd like it to do an entire check to see if any engine components or other items may require attention or service?

I have noticed over time, my normal idle revs is normal but rough at times. Also notice on occasions does not engage in reverse and at other odd times, momentarily no drive. I have a BTR Auto Trans. Are there any settings within ForScan I can run to see if any hiccups with transmission?

Thanks in advance
bondy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post