Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Blue Oval fans could have cause for extra celebration come Christmas time,

Blue Oval fans could have cause for extra celebration come Christmas time.
This may be the first year since 1978 where a Holden Commodore-versus-Ford Falcon sales race won’t play out, but 2017 is also shaping up to be the year Ford could topple Holden for overall brand volume.
Rewind 15 years and in 2002 the Port Melbourne-based division of General Motors shifted 178,392 vehicles, handing it a 69,195-unit lead over its Broadmeadows-based rival.

© Provided by Bauer Media Pty Ltd
Five years later and by 2007 the gap narrowed to 38,609 vehicles, while another half-decade later The Falcon Car Company in 2012 came closest of all by being only 24,257 sales behind. That was, however, until last year when Ford trailed Holden by just 13,101 sales.
This year is much closer again. Based on July year-to-date sales data, the Mustang (5967) is comprehensively outstripping where Falcon (2819) was this time last year, and yet the Everest large SUV (2578) isn’t as far adrift of where the Territory (4251) was just after mid-2016. Indeed, Mustang/Everest are 1475 sales ahead of Falc/Tezza, this year versus last.
Ford overall is down 0.6 per cent year-to-date and, on current trends, will achieve 80,529 sales by year’s end.

© Provided by Bauer Media Pty Ltd
It’s extremely bad news for Holden, which is so far down 11.8 per cent year-to-date and, if the spiral continues, will manage 83,280 sales this year. Except on October 20 production of Commodore, Caprice and ute will end.
There’s no Captiva replacement until December with the Equinox, while the Acadia is more than a year away. Where is the mooted V8 sports car? GM execs won’t yet say, but Camaro and Corvette will fail to materialise in 2017.
That leaves the total line-up a predicted 2751 sales ahead of Ford before factory closure, but without a surge of new product to offset the impending closure. Can Holden hold on?
http://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/ow...cid=spartandhp
Old 17-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Blue Oval fans could have cause for extra celebration come Christmas time,

Does it really matter any more if Ford outsells Holden, or vice versa.
As far as I am concerned, Ford don't have now, and neither will Holden come the end of 2017, a vehicle on my 'next car' list.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Ashdaw

Default Re: Blue Oval fans could have cause for extra celebration come Christmas time,

The big three don't care about Australia, we are not worth it globally. Ford? GM? Toyota, they are just the last ones to go. First was Leyland, then Chrysler and Nissan and now, these three. We have become like New Zealand. Sad but true.
Old 17-08-2017, 03:53 PM   #4
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And the "Best Manure Sandwich" award goes to...
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
As far as I am concerned, Ford don't have now, and neither will Holden come the end of 2017, a vehicle on my 'next car' list.
Ford is dead to me.

Holden will be once the rear drive Commodore is gone.

Edit: let me say that I can accept rear drive V8 current and future models from either manufacturer. Mustang is all that is keeping Ford relevant in Australia and if there were ever a Holden Camaro I'd live with that too.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2017, 06:09 PM   #6
UTXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Ford is dead to me.

Holden will be once the rear drive Commodore is gone.

Edit: let me say that I can accept rear drive V8 current and future models from either manufacturer. Mustang is all that is keeping Ford relevant in Australia and if there were ever a Holden Camaro I'd live with that too.

same for me....dont really give a **** what ford does now...i dont like the mustang, so i doubt ill ever buy another new ford....plenty of other importers to choose from....
UTXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #7
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was never just a Falcon fan, always been a Ford fan. Good to see Ford Au's transformation strategy working and i'll certainly continue to follow it's progress.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2017, 09:52 PM   #8
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day all...I'll have a bob each way on this. I'm happy the Blue Oval that I've probably been way too big a fan of is doing well against the old rival but the other part of me can't see anything that floats my boat that I can afford any time soon.
I'll wait a few years and see what Ford gets by the time I'm due to retire in about 2024/25. One thing's for sure it won't be a SUV as they are at present.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-08-2017, 11:13 PM   #9
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Don't want a Mustang or a Ranger or an Everest. I do however want an F-150, and a Ford Explorer police spec EcoBoost 3.7. Until Ford decides to bring their real cars here and not the second rate Asian built derivatives, I am no longer a customer.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2017, 11:57 PM   #10
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

I'm not interested in the current Ford line up ATM, mustang is a toy dream, however I can better spend that money on other cars that would suit me better, tbh if I was looking to spend $65000 on a v8, I'd look at putting in the extra and go the 300 srt core,
The ford holden battle to me died in October last year, 3 days before bathurst, that was to me one of the most disrespectful dates to choose to close, just as we travelled to bathurst to watch the very race that made the ford / holden battle great.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #11
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

And..... Samsung may outsell Apple by end of the year as well.
Um , or maybe it's the other way round ? Oh well, who cares anyways.
Sorry, what was this thread about again ?

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2017, 09:12 AM   #12
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The thread title got me excited as I thought the Falcon and Territory was coming back.

Bugger.

Thread title is clickbait

Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #13
Seasoned One
Seasoned One

all I can say is, I hope the g6et lasts a while, like my trusty (and the best car I've owned so far, my 220 xr8 auii) because nothing out there I like that I can afford , in a big comfortable sedan
1967 xr Falcon ute 289
1966 xr Fairmont 289
Seasoned One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2017, 03:02 PM   #14
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seasoned One : How about Chrysler 300C Luxury ?
Old 22-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #15
Seasoned One
Seasoned One

well, yes there is that... just did a few hundred k's in a jeep grand Cherokee , top of the line, and was impressed with the yankee iron
1967 xr Falcon ute 289
1966 xr Fairmont 289
Seasoned One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2017, 03:17 PM   #16
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not surprising tbh. What car is there in the current Holden range (commodore aside) that is as good as the equivalent model from Ford ?

Not to mention the performance cars that Ford are currently offering with no competition from Holden at all.
stevanford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #17
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Don't want a Mustang or a Ranger or an Everest. I do however want an F-150, and a Ford Explorer police spec EcoBoost 3.7. Until Ford decides to bring their real cars here and not the second rate Asian built derivatives, I am no longer a customer.
Oh hallelujah the falcon fanbois like yourself might die off a little!
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #18
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They need ecoboost v6 in the ranger. I'll buy one then.
boss351290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #19
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Oh hallelujah the falcon fanbois like yourself might die off a little!
I really hope that comment is in jest...

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #20
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
I really hope that comment is in jest...
A little from column A and a little from column B. See I can appreciate the falcon for what it is and maybe I'm not the biggest fan (I still purchased one as it suits my needs, and the turbo 6) but I also appreciate what else Ford has to offer, yeah they don't suit my needs but they do other people. I don't have falcon coloured glasses on like a lot of people.
Anyone would think Ford killed their first born the way some people carry on.
- Antz Turboside Intake
5 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #21
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Well said. I just purchased my last Ford which is a FG X.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2017, 12:28 AM   #22
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A little from column A and a little from column B. See I can appreciate the falcon for what it is and maybe I'm not the biggest fan (I still purchased one as it suits my needs, and the turbo 6) but I also appreciate what else Ford has to offer, yeah they don't suit my needs but they do other people. I don't have falcon coloured glasses on like a lot of people.
Yes that's right! Ford now has a wide range of vehicles to suit many people, including hairdressers, senior citizens and those who consider a car an appliance.

However, you're screwed if you're a heterosexual man who wants a family sized car that drives the correct wheels.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2017, 01:55 AM   #23
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Mustang baby!
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2017, 06:38 AM   #24
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yes that's right! Ford now has a wide range of vehicles to suit many people, including hairdressers, senior citizens and those who consider a car an appliance.

However, you're screwed if you're a heterosexual man who wants a family sized car that drives the correct wheels.
Wow what a rubbish post. So you assume people who drive ford's that aren't falcons are gay?
- Antz Turboside Intake
4 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2017, 08:39 AM   #25
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wow what a rubbish post. So you assume people who drive ford's that aren't falcons are gay?
No, definitely not! I didn't say that at all. They can also drive Mustangs, F Trucks, Territory, and in some cases - Ranger, though ranger drivers can be 50/50.

But if you read my post I acknowledged that 'non Falcon' drivers can be hairdressers, senior citizens and appliance people.

I am no homophobe, I fully support marriage equality and plan to vote yes on the plebiscite. It'd be nice to see them marry and have a fleet of Fiestas and Mondeos for the bridal party.
Old 25-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #26
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's fine to disagree, it's what makes the world go round.

I guess the difference is I hope the person I disagree with lives a happy, wonderful, fulfilled life.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #27
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In other words, nothing has changed in the Ford lineup.

Quote:
Unfortunately, that's a niche market nowadays. I wonder what the uptake has been like on Commodore and Chrysler 300 sales since October last year? my guess is it's both in the negative figures.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2017, 09:22 PM   #28
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
if you are a white, heterosexual male you are fast becoming the most marginalised group of people in society. You get no help from government or business.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #29
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

As different concepts and platforms are released from GM and Ford over the years I have no doubt images of said concepts badged as "commodore","falcon", "SS" & "XR8"...ect will appear all over our local auto media outlets.

We could even get a future rear wheel drive platform from either company rebadged as our cars.
You just never know which direction business will go in.
A couple of years ago none of us would've predicted a Stinger for example.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #30
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
if you are a white, heterosexual male you are fast becoming the most marginalised group of people in society. You get no help from government or business.
WTF does this have to do with Ford, more subtle rubbish the people that drive FWD cars are gay.
- Antz Turboside Intake
3 users like this post: