Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
XTC 190
Subtle,sleek & Surprising

Talking New intake

Morning all, yesterday I went and got the new intake pipe from air box to throttle body measured up and made and at the moment it is being HPC coated to reduce heat inside pipe, had a hell of a time finding someone to do it in Brissie but finally got it so far its looking good and should give a definite gain a I am inserting a pod air filter inside the box as well, also running new pipiing and scoops from the driving light areas in the front to a new hole on the air box should help I will try and post some photos once done does this sound good, my brother who is a quite a achieved mechanic said the set up is as good or better than the ss induction kit but this has only cost me around 250 max but alot of time best advice investigate and research any improvements as you may find a better way or cheaper with better results

XTC 190 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

sounds like you did your homework there falcon73.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Sounds great, you must show us the results. I'm actually looking into this for the XR8.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post