Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #31
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

Default Re: 476kw LS9 HSV GTS-R....

Good on HSV for doing this, they have the balls to step it up which is awesome
Old 27-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #32
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Are you insinuating there's a more powerful or better HSV?
No Im saying HSV lie & bump up the kw they are telling you. Again the point is proven..>>>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiih0XjcRFw

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #33
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler View Post
No Im saying HSV lie & bump up the kw they are telling you. Again the point is proven..>>>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiih0XjcRFw
Done to death, move on.
Old 27-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #34
Uwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Spot on!!

It means stuff all and its just a number on the piece of paper.

All that matters is who is faster and performs better.
I swear some people have ZERO idea about driveline loss.
a 9.9" diff and a beefed up gearbox will suck the power out @ the wheels.
But the HSV won't need diff bushes, new diff centre , rebuild gearbox with broken input shafts ect ect.
We all know the HSV GTS is MUCH better built that the Falcon.
Uwish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #35
Uwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
Drive must have just received their copy of Wheels magazine, it was all written up in that 2 weeks ago.
It does say it is still speculation and that the R8, R8 Maloo and Senator will be getting 395kw - de-tuned LSA from the GTS.
Base model Maloo, Clubbie and Grange to get 340kw LS3.
I have been told ALL HSVs will be supercharged... GTS to be higher tune and GTS-R is still a rumour
Uwish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #36
Sioso
irregular member

Some more news below:

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/17/h...sv-gtsr-rumor/

Holden closer to building ZR1-engined super sedan

Jonathon Ramsey
Holden has two years of production left in Australia before factories down there go dark for good, and for months now rumors have posited the revival of the Holden HSV GTS-R model as a last hurrah. Those rumors just got a boost with the discovery that on December 2, General Motors filed a trademark application for "GTSR" for vehicles and merchandise.

A trademark application is not a sign of production intent, but if such a vehicle arrives, outsiders aren't sure what would power the sedan. Back in August it was reported that GM sold Holden 100 units of the supercharged 6.2-liter LS9 V8 from our dearly beloved Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. On US territory that engine made 638 horsepower and 604 pound-feet of torque. A ZR1-powered Holden has been an ongoing rumor for the past eight years.

Other publications have said that Holden had to fight to get the supercharged 6.2-liter LSA V8 that it's using in the recently introduced HSV range - the same engine we get in the Camaro ZL1 - and it will want to make the most of that investment rather than engineering a brand new, limited-run powerplant. The LSA option would get power upgrades over the current flagship HSV model, the GTS with 577 hp and 546 lb-ft, perhaps putting out as much as 637 hp and 590 lb-ft. No matter which engine it gets, it will outdo the 471-hp V8 used in the final edition Ford Falcon FPV GT-F.

The first and so-far-only HSV GTS-R was unveiled in 1996 to celebrate Holden's domination of the V8 Supercars series. Holden built 85 of them, every single one the same "Yellah" color to honor the racecar that inspired it. Thirteen of the 85 had their 5.7-liter V8 engines blueprinted, increasing horsepower from 288 hp to 304 hp. The result was so good that when Car and Driver pitted one against a BMW M5 in 2001 it beat the German dynamically, only losing the final vote due to "some easily fixed deficiencies in quality and refinement." The price for a revived GTS-R is estimated to be around $120,000 Australian dollars, about $25,000 more than the GTS. Like its progenitor, it could come with a "personalized apparel pack" for the few lucky buyers.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #37
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Rumored features (stolen from another forum)
  • LS9 480kw
  • New front bumper, carbon fibre splitter/spoiler
  • new wheels
  • racing tyres
  • manual only
  • unique interior colour and seats
  • carbon brakes optional ($15k+)
  • Two unique hero colours

Apparently to be announced around the time of Ford confirming their Sprint models.
Old 18-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #38
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
  • LS9 480kw
  • new wheels
  • racing tyres
  • manual only

Apparently to be announced around the time of Ford confirming their Sprint models.
Really? Manual only?
I thought it was supposed to be auto only.
I would have loved to see a return of a reworked NA 427 that revs to 9,000rpm and 150kg drop in weight.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #39
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
Really? Manual only?
I thought it was supposed to be auto only.
I would have loved to see a return of a reworked NA 427 that revs to 9,000rpm and 150kg drop in weight.
Rumored but could be 100% BS too .
Only time will tell.
Old 18-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #40
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

If they're going for the track car inspiration it would be pretty lame as an auto.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 12:07 PM   #41
matador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
If they're going for the track car inspiration it would be pretty lame as an auto.
aren't auto cars quicker these days? Even V8 supercars are basically using autos now with those sequential boxes
matador is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #42
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
  • LS9 480kw
  • new wheels
  • racing tyres
  • manual only

Sad to begrudgingly admit, HOLDEN won the last round. unless the xr8 sprint has a supercharged 9000rpm Gt350 5.2 flatplane crank engine...
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #43
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matador View Post
aren't auto cars quicker these days? Even V8 supercars are basically using autos now with those sequential boxes
Faster in a straight line. But a sequential shifter doesn't make a gearbox an auto. Even the current breed of dual clutch transmissions are more typical manual in design than auto. That's really beside the point though as a manual gives you more feeling.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #44
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Looks like a decent bit of kit. Should be the first Aussie car to crack a 11. Almost a V8 supercar for the street.

There's no point worrying about what Ford are doing. They are closing up shop and dont have the funds to do something of this magnitude. Holden still have a couple of years left and have the money and resources. I doubt with that they would allow Ford to get the better of them at the end. We have the Mustang to look forward to now.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #45
nz13boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler View Post
The most expensive GTF is on carsales now $145000.. But there will be a cashed up bogen that will believe its the most powerful HSV & buy it, thinking he's the best.

Unless the definition of bogan has changed to suit wearing, business owning, home owning execs, I think maybe you need to make a trip to Specsavers. Ive never meet or seen too many bogans driving the current Vf GTS HSVs. Quite the opposite in fact.

I see lots of bogan like comments though.
Old 18-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #46
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With the post above gtf 351 kw what was gts supposed to be.

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #47
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

I would buy one, that's a hell of a car if the rumours are true.

Power isn't everything but I'd love to own one and say I still have a 5 year old FG that would still spank it.

It's kind of like those movies where the baddies and goodies end up working together to beat an even greater evil and up having a kind of respect for each other. That's exactly how I'd explain it if one was to end up parked out the front of my house.

But it wouldn't be in the garage, only the GT's are good enough to go in there!
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 03:38 PM   #48
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matador View Post
If the engine blipped itself going down gears I might semi agree with this, but they still need to heel/toe so it's much more of a manual experience than it is auto. And sure a decent auto may well be quicker around a circuit, but it's a bit like a direct drive electric Tesla winning all of the drag races, quite unremarkable from a visceral perspective.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #49
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Sad to begrudgingly admit, HOLDEN won the last round. unless the xr8 sprint has a supercharged 9000rpm Gt350 5.2 flatplane crank engine...
What exactly have they won? The GTS-R will probably be the W427 all over again

By the way, the car will probably be as Australian as the Mustang, so it's fair to compare them IMO, and looking at possible future releases of the stang that will no doubt spank the GTS-R, I'd say Ford have won.

By the way if the GTS-R is anything like the concept pictures circulating, then it's an ugly POS and I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #50
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
What exactly have they won? The GTS-R will probably be the W427 all over again

By the way, the car will probably be as Australian as the Mustang, so it's fair to compare them IMO, and looking at possible future releases of the stang that will no doubt spank the GTS-R, I'd say Ford have won.

By the way if the GTS-R is anything like the concept pictures circulating, then it's an ugly POS and I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it
Commodore had the privilege of going out with a bang, while falcon passed away peacefully in its sleep, while on life support, and MoFoCo Detroit never even bothered to visit it in hospital or go to its funeral...
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 06:35 PM   #51
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Commodore had the privilege of going out with a bang, while falcon passed away peacefully in its sleep, while on life support, and MoFoCo Detroit never even bothered to visit it in hospital or go to its funeral...
I think they did alright under the circumstances
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #52
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh come on! The Falcon got a sticker pack!

I dunno why anyone would get their panties in a knot over it though. I don't speak for everyone but I have no intentions to sell my 4yr old GS as I am happy with it despite it being "outdated" and I am in no way jealous or feel it is inadequate to newer models, as it does everything I need it to. It plays music, looks good, sounds good, goes fast and is fun to drive. No amounts of trinkets like your sports mode/track mode/race mode dials or lane guidance or crash avoidance sensors will change that, and if anything I think they would detract from the raw personality and power. I guess the same could be said for all the people that have the classic cars and never "traded up". I guess it really depends what you own the car for and where your passions lie.

The Ford/Holden rivalry had to eventually come to an end and someone would have to end on a bigger kW figure. It just happens to be Holden, but I don't see why anyone would be disappointed in Ford. Get a tune on any of your coyotes or turbos and you'll spank the GTS-R anyway so we're all winners!
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #53
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Given they dumped a 400kw donk (60+ on the highest spec previously) in the Clubby which exceeded my expectations by far I'd imagine this will be proper north of 450kw.

The thing we don't know is what extra goodies considering it is well equipped already and I'd imagine anything above it would be quite expensive.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 09:43 PM   #54
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

People go on about how the GTF made more power but it's well documented that the GTS is still quicker on the street. Bit like the LS1 and LS2 made more power on the dyno than a AU3 T3 250kw engine yet the T3 was quicker on the street. HSV have always had the advantage of direct acess to hi Po Chev motors, plus HSV can do whatever they want cost wise as they don't need Holdens approval to build a car to a price. If HSV build it and it don't sell than they have to discount it so the dealers sell the stock before the dealers will except anymore. Holden couldn't care less what it costs to build a HSV because it's HSV's problem to make sure it sells. I use to sell HSV's and we use to get an invoice from Holden for the base car and a second invoice from HSV For the HSV pack. Holden got there money for the base car regardless of what HSV's pack price was on top and all factory rebates came from HSV. Ford on the other hand had to get approval for the whole car and had to get funding from ford for any projects. In real world terms, Ford never had any chance of competing with HSV on a level playing field due to the two companies different structures and business plans.
Old 19-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #55
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

I see this as a logical and final progression for HSV. The 2016 CTS-V is already running the LS9. HSV would leverage much of the development already poured into the CTS-V. The only concern I see is that the CTS-V (currently) only offers an automatic, an eight-speed automatic at that! Would HSV be content with selling an auto-only GTS-R? Would it be cost-effective for HSV to offer the eight-speed automatic as a one-off? I suppose that the LS9 is a one-off engine, so perhaps that train of thought would extend to the whole driveline. If a manual is offered, would it be viable to fit the seven-speed manual as well? I wouldn't have tbought so, unless Cadillac decide to offer the manual at a later date and have already carried out much of the development.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #56
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good on Holden for doing something; kudos for making a great car even better! I for one can't wait to see what they do.
Old 19-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #57
nstg8a

I think most ford fans are just a little jealous of the fact that Holden (and HSV) has the ability to be able to send their locals out with a bang.

As good as the last Falcons will be, with the budget and free rein that HSV has it won't be close to being as good.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2015, 12:31 PM   #58
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
Oh come on! The Falcon got a sticker pack!

The Ford/Holden rivalry had to eventually come to an end and someone would have to end on a bigger kW figure. It just happens to be Holden, but I don't see why anyone would be disappointed in Ford. Get a tune on any of your coyotes or turbos and you'll spank the GTS-R anyway so we're all winners!
Then you tune the GTS and with the diff and box it runs you can really up the power. No crap diff bushes to worry about.

If the GTS comes out it will spank anything ford and holden have brought out previous.

A tuned up GTS will be a weapon. And I will be lining up to get one.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #59
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
Then you tune the GTS and with the diff and box it runs you can really up the power. No crap diff bushes to worry about.

If the GTS comes out it will spank anything ford and holden have brought out previous.

A tuned up GTS will be a weapon. And I will be lining up to get one.
You mean the GTS-R, right? And just on that - tuning that is - the LS9 has titanium rods and valve springs, forged for the remainder of the internals, 2.3L blower in place of the LSA's 1.9L unit, larger factory intercooler plus dry sump lubrication. Whether or not HSV elect to go wet sump like the CTS-V - who knows? They went dry sump for the W427, so they probably have a lot of the ground work done. In any case though, the LS9 is a SERIOUS piece of kit over the already formidable LSA. It's a tuner's dream motor, really...
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #60
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Where do I sign....

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post