Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Wink "dangerous mixing of fumes"

So on the way home from work this afternoon I stopped at a BP servo to fill up my BA which is dual fuel.

A fill of LPG and about $20 of unleaded to shut the annoying low-fuel alarm up, and let the LPG system do it's usual start up routine. That 1/4 tank of petrol lasts for ages.

Usually I have no trouble filling both at the same time, and never have, at a wide range of servos. Today however I was told I was not allowed to do that because "the fumes can mix and be dangerous".

LMAO.

Next time, I must wait until one was finished and then do the other instead of the console operator simply authorising two pumps and get it done a bit quicker.

I was quite surprised and a bit amused at the reason given, especially with 7 1/2 years of petroleum industry experience behind me in operations and retail. When I said I'd never heard of such an interesting rule in those 7 1/2 years the console operator stated one of the reps told them.

I lol'ed.

Perhaps my industry experience has too much rust on it for these modern times, anyone heard of this little rule?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin