Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
DOOZIE DAISY

Default S3 xr8 ac compressor wont turn on?

Just disconnected my battery while fitting new coil packs to my xr8,all hooked up again and the ac compressor wont turn on now.
Am I missing something?
It worked a couple of months ago when I checked it?
The ac button light comes on when you press it but the comp isn't kicking in,i read that low gas can cause the comp to not kick in?
DOOZIE DAISY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
XC50077
Drive'n Cruise'n Live'n

Default Re: S3 xr8 ac compressor wont turn on?

Check the fan switch is actually switched to 1,2,3 or 4. I had it only partially engaged and Air con switch wouldn't illuminate .Cheers.
XC50077 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
DOOZIE DAISY

Yeah fan switch is definitely on,fuse is good,relay has been swapped for a good one,when you press the on button the relay doesn't click on.
Almost like the ecu isn't telling it to turn on.
Ac button lights up when pressed.
I thought there was some trick I missed after reconnecting the battery.
I read in another ba thread if you wait for the error symbol to go out from the dash after you connect the battery again but it never went off.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:09 PM   #4
DOOZIE DAISY

Was hoping it may have been a simple fix I could sort tonight.
Ill book it in to get sorted.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:45 PM   #5
DOOZIE DAISY

As I kind of suspected,something was telling the compressor to not turn on,it was because the gas was low/non existant.
Leak near the receiver drier most likely the a/c guy told me,hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a dash out job if its not the drier...
Old 20-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #6
DOOZIE DAISY

Just for the record if the ac system is low on gas the compressor will not kick in, like a self preservation function to save the compressor from damage,just in case someone else has the same issue.
This user likes this post: