Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-11-2016, 05:41 PM   #2521
Lunch
Wait, what?

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

When u can't get the toilet roll started
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #2522
Lunch
Wait, what?

When ur the 3rd tradesman on site and the portaloo has already been destroyed
2 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #2523
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope both of those weren't at the same time.....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2016, 06:48 PM   #2524
Lunch
Wait, what?

Usually only tickets in a portaloo
Old 03-11-2016, 09:59 PM   #2525
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
When going out to have a meal with my wife I sometimes order a burger because I don't like the fast food ones very much but really enjoy the more home made types.
I then have to eat it with a knife and fork because she or others in the establishment might judge me for picking it up and eating it with my hands.
Don't put burgers on the menu unless you can tolerate them being eaten without cutlery!
One of the reasons I love Viet/Thai restaurant's is I can wear shorts,t-shirt & thongs, and the eating is real relaxed. It is perfectly acceptable to eat with your hands, slurp noodles & soup and carry on like an idiot if you order a hot dish. I love hot food & eating with my hands but one night at the local Viet after a particularly hot chicken laksa with fresh chilli, I went to the toilet for a pee. Anybody who has handled chilli knows anything you touch burns like a torch. Imagine the view if you had of came into the bathroom and there I am shorts around my ankles, trying to get my block n tackle under the cold tap to stop the burning! Geez! I hate that!
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2016, 12:47 AM   #2526
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
When ur the 3rd tradesman on site and the portaloo has already been destroyed
Oh mate, I remember this work experience I had, portaloo was ******, all you could smell was **** throughout the site.
xr6-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #2527
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6-FTW View Post
Oh mate, I remember this work experience I had, portaloo was ******, all you could smell was **** throughout the site.
I work two doors down from a port a loo servicing facility. It pongs everyday. I pity the joint in between us and them.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2016, 09:00 PM   #2528
Lunch
Wait, what?

The lid on the ute looks like a flock of pelicans were having target practice so I decide to wash it, I work my elbows for 3 hours, car looks great, 1 hour later, there's a **** on the bonnet, quick spot wash, all good, 2 days later, 3 more on the lid, get it home, another spot wash although slightly larger, next day, today, I spot my car while at work, this time it's the bonnet and this time it looks more like it came from an elephant. Is it just me?
I HATE THAT
This user likes this post:
Old 09-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #2529
pursuit57
mortgage free !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
The lid on the ute looks like a flock of pelicans were having target practice so I decide to wash it, I work my elbows for 3 hours, car looks great, 1 hour later, there's a **** on the bonnet, quick spot wash, all good, 2 days later, 3 more on the lid, get it home, another spot wash although slightly larger, next day, today, I spot my car while at work, this time it's the bonnet and this time it looks more like it came from an elephant. Is it just me?
I HATE THAT
Yeah agree, it's a bugger I get it all the time too.
Think the pidgeons are re-incarnated Holden purist's.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #2530
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuit57 View Post
Yeah agree, it's a bugger I get it all the time too.
Think the pidgeons are re-incarnated Holden purist's.
I usually have the other problem. Even if there isn't a cloud in the sky, I can almost be certain it will rain after a solid wash and wax. Spend a couple of hours on a Sunday making the car look good, only to be left with droplet marks hours later, I hate that
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #2531
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL078 View Post
I work two doors down from a port a loo servicing facility. It pongs everyday. I pity the joint in between us and them.
I pity you.

10 doors down would be bad enough.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #2532
pursuit57
mortgage free !

Quote:

feel for you mate...an old next door neighbour of ours was a contractor for the thunder boxes, the p**** use to bring 8-10 full one's home overnight most days then leave at 5.00am to do the dump - wonderful alarm clock !.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #2533
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Commbank credit card. Transactions pop up almost instantly.

ANZ card. Last transaction 6 Nov.

Both used almost daily...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #2534
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Catching a cold on the cusp of Summer. Every year!

Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2016, 11:32 PM   #2535
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

When you have 3 days off but you have to go to work tomorrow, reality sucks sometimes
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2016, 06:47 AM   #2536
Lunch
Wait, what?

When you've just spent an hour or so washing your car and to assist with the drying phase you take the car out for a quick zip, while you're out u let someone pull in front of u from a side street, only to have him pull over onto to gravel shoulder about 1km down the road, covering ur car in dust..
Old 23-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #2537
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gotta hate when you get to tafe nice and early in the morning only to be told half an hour later the days been cancelled due to the teacher being sick. (Mind you the teacher in particular is hopeless)
Old 23-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #2538
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6-FTW View Post
Gotta hate when you get to tafe nice and early in the morning only to be told half an hour later the days been cancelled due to the teacher being sick. (Mind you the teacher in particular is hopeless)
Sometimes the fill in teacher can be better than the real teacher but I guess they are too tight to pay $70 an hour.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #2539
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well my day just got better, ive got a nice big scrape at the drivers rear quarter, mainly on the rear bumper side. No note, no evidence, **** my life
Old 24-11-2016, 01:49 AM   #2540
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Was meant to have an easy day at work today. Pick up a group of kindy kids at 11am, take them to some theatre and drop them off, then go back a few hours later and pick them up at 2pm.
I'd just sat down to my freshly made lunch, when the school rang our office at 12.50pm and asked for the return pick up to be moved to 1.15pm.

So lunch went in the bin, and I had to go immediately to get back to the pick up point in time.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2016, 09:11 AM   #2541
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Ouch. I don't know if that was completely necessary. Just cos you might have had a hard day doesn't mean it's ok to lash out at someone else.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #2542
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

I'm with Bushbasher here, I think GX was overly harsh, bordering on invidious (look it up).
the reason I have a low post count after so many years is because I don't see the point in being rude and disrespectful in posts!
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2016, 10:36 AM   #2543
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Some of us are on our feet all day, working non stop but at least we get our 30 minutes lunch break at the same time everyday. Your job sounds so sedentary (look it up) and quite a bludge so missing lunch would probably do you good.
It doesn't matter what job you are in there is always something that will annoy you. Just because you think you're the hardest worker around doesn't mean you understand someone else's situation.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2016, 09:33 PM   #2544
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
It doesn't matter what job you are in there is always something that will annoy you. Just because you think you're the hardest worker around doesn't mean you understand someone else's situation.
I can see that plenty of people are replying to this thread while they are at work. Didn't mean to be particularly harsh just to say that it sounds like a bludge of a job to have to do two bus trips and that's your whole day, from the sounds of it. Having to reschedule the return trip is hardly the end of the world now is it? I know that schools pay hundreds of dollars for such bus trips. Most of the guys I supervise aren't even capable of getting a car licence for one reason or another.
Old 26-11-2016, 02:02 AM   #2545
xr8cam

Sold an item for a loss on ebay. Buyer decides he doesn't want/like it and goes through ebay to get a refund then leaves negative feedback. I paid all the post for this as well as losing my perfect rating. Ebay do not give a hoot about sellers,their practices are pathetic. My account was fraudulently used a few months ago and a few hundred went out of my bank account. It took over a month to get it back and not one person said sorry or offered me a thing, all the while my ebay account & paypal account were frozen. I wonder why I bother. The customer service is as good as optus, non existent.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2016, 09:29 PM   #2546
xr8cam

The fact I am here again this week tells you the sort of week Iv'e had. I washed and polished both cars last Sunday. This morning I get home from walking the dogs and the neighbours new boyfriend has been over and mowed the lawn.That's right, he doesn't live with her. He blew all the clippings, dirt & dust from the job up my drive, all over the cars. I asked him not to mow the lawn outside my driveway as it is my land & responsibility to mow. I told him I am a car guy & I don't want whipper snippers near my cars or blowers for that matter. I do my own garden regularly, there was no need to do it again. What do you do?
Old 27-11-2016, 12:07 AM   #2547
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Put the moves on his woman.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #2548
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Get the cars cleaned at a detailer and send him the bill. People like this really give me the sh##s.

Last edited by X-AHH; 27-11-2016 at 12:49 AM.
X-AHH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2016, 02:21 AM   #2549
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
The fact I am here again this week tells you the sort of week Iv'e had. I washed and polished both cars last Sunday. This morning I get home from walking the dogs and the neighbours new boyfriend has been over and mowed the lawn.That's right, he doesn't live with her. He blew all the clippings, dirt & dust from the job up my drive, all over the cars. I asked him not to mow the lawn outside my driveway as it is my land & responsibility to mow. I told him I am a car guy & I don't want whipper snippers near my cars or blowers for that matter. I do my own garden regularly, there was no need to do it again. What do you do?
Concrete over the lawn
Old 28-11-2016, 11:28 PM   #2550
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez I hate the filthy grubs who smoke in cars, and then flick the butts out.

Had one picked up by the wind going over the derro's side mirror in the lane beside me as he flicked it away, and landed it nicely on my bonnet of my VL Brock, just at the base of the screen, where the wind fluttered it around and the smoke smell poured in through the plenum & out the A/C vents at me. Absolutely disgusting, and really ****ed me off as I rebuilt the entire A/C in that car with all new components 6 years back.

FFS you filthy mongrel, if you're dirty enough to smoke in a car, use a damn ashtray in the car, not inflict your habits on others.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: