Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-06-2016, 10:53 PM   #2401
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

And I bet the group of hollow heads are still patting themselves on the back telling each other how easy it is to make a few hundred dollars at Bunnings.We better do it again because we have a really helpful man who just lives around the corner,We reckon he'll gladly help out again!!!
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #2402
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Just would not have bothered. I find that the more people I've helped out the more lazy, stupid and pathetic they become.

So I just don't bother.
Old 20-06-2016, 04:24 PM   #2403
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Done a few dozen Bunnings BBQ's in my time. A parent asked if they could pass on my details to a community group they are linked to so I can offer them some advice as they had one booked yesterday.

No problem. Sent them the generic email of stuff to bring, stuff to do, things to be wary of and the rest.

Really detailed info - an 'Idiots guide' if you will.

Any person with any common sense would read it, know what to do and hit the ground running. I also offered to help them set up.... as I lived close by etc.

Well, lets see. First they turn up 50min later than they told me - I could have slept in. And it was me that called them to ask where they are! You would think if you were late it's your job to call to explain. Course not.

Then, 1 guy turns up. We start unloading. I start to think, ummm where is the rest of the people and the rest of the stuff?..

Yep, 'On its way'... of course. So, not only are you now very late, but the helpers are coming in dribs and drabs......

Most of the stuff in my email was totally ignored.... why did they ask for help?? Do people see a long, detailed email and just skim over it??

No bloody common sense either. A single 40L esky for their drinks?? 2L / 4L bulk sauces but no squeezy bottles?? No ice?? No trays for bulk orders?? Oil in one of those tins that can't be poured easily, 7kg of onions when you need 15kg???

Then they had a 'chef' cooking.... he insisted that between each tray the hotplate needed to be scraped down and cleaned with water. The sausage oil was not good for the onions and a clean hotplate will reduce the 'burnt' smell the sausages would have... I said that you can be a little more relaxed at a Bunnings BBQ but he then replied that he needs a bucket to wash down his spatula and tongs between sausage trays....

Bread delivery turns up - I made it clear that he wants payment in cash on the spot. (used my bread supplier to help them out).

They all look at each other, fumbling and trying to see who will be paying. Some guy says something about EFTPOS or paying by card.... bread guy is waiting like a stooge for his money.

After 30 seconds of silence I open the float and pay the guy myself with every note they had and about $20 in coins.... Someone winged that 'I cleared out their entire float!' I didn't care.

Oh, the float??? $5 in 5c coins, $10 in 10c / 20c coins and $10 in 50c coins. Why all the small denominations when the items you sell are either, $1.50 or $2.50???

Told them to return the empty bread trays to the baker - simple instructions 'leave them outside his shopfront on the footpath'. Guy looks at me and questions the fact that they will be on the footpath all night. (yep - one of 'those people').. Explained that's how they want it and that's how I have always done it with no issues. I had a feeling he wasn't happy with that - I guess if they went missing he was worried he would have to pay for them.

So, he left them at Bunnings. How did I know? Because I drove past my baker late in the evening going home and they weren't there. I called the person and asked what happened to the trays. 'Oh yeah, they didn't fit in the cars so we thought it was best to leave them there, don't worry, the manager said they will look after them'....

Yes, but that's not what I asked you to do, and why am I calling you for you to tell me this info anyway?? And 9 bread trays couldn't fit in 5 cars?? Oh please.

I had to go and collect them this morning and return them myself. 7 trays were waiting, where were the other 2?? Didn't even bother calling to ask.

And all clearly spelled out in my email - that I bet wasn't even read.

Why do I bloody bother sometimes??????
boy O boy Ive been down this road and I know how frustrating it is.

Mine wasn't a Bunnings BBQ mine was an event I had set up but after 3 years of running it every 2 months 1 clashed on a weekend I had a family commitment on that I couldn't and didn't want to get out of.

Like you I wrote out a how to hold this event for dummies guide, gave them a list of the suppliers that we have been using all along and gave them the sample order sheet all they had to do was call them and fax them, but people thought they could do better so they used "Friends" and ordered less quantity for more $$ and had to buy more at places like woolies

In all an event that you could bank on $1500 - $2000 clear, netted only $600
we had venders really ****ed off we had a traffic management plan that was either not followed or completely ignored so we had visits from the police and a council that revised the permit for the road closures and a group of really disgruntled volunteers.

building moral was very difficult after that and I could no longer do it on a regular basis so it pittered out and I think their last one ran at a $200 loss

and I just thought it was me and I was too **** with how I wanted it ran :(

All I can say is don't nurse a fool or you'll watch them die in your arms

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2016, 01:36 PM   #2404
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Waiting half an hr online for 'Live chat' only to connect - start typing a few messages then hit backspace a few times and the bloody BROWSER backs the pages and loses the chat connection....

Could have punched my fist through the screen....

Waiting in line again...

Anyway to turn this crap feature off?????

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2016, 02:59 PM   #2405
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Haha, I hate that feature. It's so stupid because it's part of the regular keyboard keys and right above the Enter key.

Back when I worked on websites which went through high amounts of department testing, the amount of fault reports from pressing backspace caused us a lot of headaches.

If I want to go back and forth by keyword, I press ALT+arrow.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2016, 11:54 AM   #2406
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Well, I just got the news. I've been made redundant.

It's hard not to feel slightly bitter but I understand my boss had no other choice. A couple of months ago his wife had their first child and unfortunately their child has special needs which basically took away my boss' ability to run the company. No sour grapes from my end and luckily we are able to remain mates but obviously this isn't going to be an easy transition.

I hope everyone else is having a better sunday morning than I am. No worries though, things will come good.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #2407
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post

It's hard not to feel slightly bitter but I understand my boss had no other choice. A couple of months ago his wife had their first child and unfortunately their child has special needs which basically took away my boss' ability to run the company. No sour grapes from my end and luckily we are able to remain mates but obviously this isn't going to be an easy transition.

I hope everyone else is having a better sunday morning than I am. No worries though, things will come good.
One door closes, another one opens!! You have a very mature way of looking at your situation - it cannot be a nice situation for your boss either.

Good luck in finding something new.

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #2408
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Done a few dozen Bunnings BBQ's in my time. A parent asked if they could pass on my details to a community group they are linked to so I can offer them some advice as they had one booked yesterday.

No problem. Sent them the generic email of stuff to bring, stuff to do, things to be wary of and the rest.

Really detailed info - an 'Idiots guide' if you will.

Any person with any common sense would read it, know what to do and hit the ground running. I also offered to help them set up.... as I lived close by etc.

Well, lets see. First they turn up 50min later than they told me - I could have slept in. And it was me that called them to ask where they are! You would think if you were late it's your job to call to explain. Course not.

Then, 1 guy turns up. We start unloading. I start to think, ummm where is the rest of the people and the rest of the stuff?..

Yep, 'On its way'... of course. So, not only are you now very late, but the helpers are coming in dribs and drabs......

Most of the stuff in my email was totally ignored.... why did they ask for help?? Do people see a long, detailed email and just skim over it??

No bloody common sense either. A single 40L esky for their drinks?? 2L / 4L bulk sauces but no squeezy bottles?? No ice?? No trays for bulk orders?? Oil in one of those tins that can't be poured easily, 7kg of onions when you need 15kg???

Then they had a 'chef' cooking.... he insisted that between each tray the hotplate needed to be scraped down and cleaned with water. The sausage oil was not good for the onions and a clean hotplate will reduce the 'burnt' smell the sausages would have... I said that you can be a little more relaxed at a Bunnings BBQ but he then replied that he needs a bucket to wash down his spatula and tongs between sausage trays....

Bread delivery turns up - I made it clear that he wants payment in cash on the spot. (used my bread supplier to help them out).

They all look at each other, fumbling and trying to see who will be paying. Some guy says something about EFTPOS or paying by card.... bread guy is waiting like a stooge for his money.

After 30 seconds of silence I open the float and pay the guy myself with every note they had and about $20 in coins.... Someone winged that 'I cleared out their entire float!' I didn't care.

Oh, the float??? $5 in 5c coins, $10 in 10c / 20c coins and $10 in 50c coins. Why all the small denominations when the items you sell are either, $1.50 or $2.50???

Told them to return the empty bread trays to the baker - simple instructions 'leave them outside his shopfront on the footpath'. Guy looks at me and questions the fact that they will be on the footpath all night. (yep - one of 'those people').. Explained that's how they want it and that's how I have always done it with no issues. I had a feeling he wasn't happy with that - I guess if they went missing he was worried he would have to pay for them.

So, he left them at Bunnings. How did I know? Because I drove past my baker late in the evening going home and they weren't there. I called the person and asked what happened to the trays. 'Oh yeah, they didn't fit in the cars so we thought it was best to leave them there, don't worry, the manager said they will look after them'....

Yes, but that's not what I asked you to do, and why am I calling you for you to tell me this info anyway?? And 9 bread trays couldn't fit in 5 cars?? Oh please.

I had to go and collect them this morning and return them myself. 7 trays were waiting, where were the other 2?? Didn't even bother calling to ask.

And all clearly spelled out in my email - that I bet wasn't even read.

Why do I bloody bother sometimes??????
I was chatting to one of the Bunnings promo coordinators whose job is to run the scheduling of the BBQ, she told me of one group who was new to running them, their first set up she had to run thru all the food safety guff with them, they were standoffish like they didn't want to be lectured, rolling eyes and everything, that group were told to go home, they lost the very generous opportunity at fund raising because of poor attitude. Some people have no idea.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 27-06-2016, 01:25 PM   #2409
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post

man that sux, Ive been made redundant twice since 2011, start networking if you havent already fingers crossed the transition is quick and painless

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #2410
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Today I had my XR6 in for a new set of tyres. Four brand new sticky Michelin Pilot Sport 3's. These replaced a set of 8 year old Dunlops. Beautiful tyres, quite, better ride quality, grippy.

Pity the price of these new tyres included, for free, two scratched/gauged rims and a nice big scrape on the front bar.

Sighhhhh,
Why is it all so hard.................
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #2411
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6WGN View Post
One door closes, another one opens!! You have a very mature way of looking at your situation - it cannot be a nice situation for your boss either.

Good luck in finding something new.
Thanks, I agree with your way of putting it. I figure I'm probably more likely to find another job if I stay positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
man that sux, Ive been made redundant twice since 2011, start networking if you havent already fingers crossed the transition is quick and painless
Thanks for that. Unfortunately this is the second time in five years that I have lost a job due to a small business closing.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #2412
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had my second accident inside 6 months in my car yesterday.. I thing the bloody thing is cursed I tell you...

February Accident - Guy in front of me decided to reverse and "couldn't see me" right behind him... Front left hit...

Yesterdays accident - Shopping centre carpark guy was coming out of one of the rows into the main thoroughfare. It didn't look like he was going to stop (I was paying attention to him) he went to stop and said "I hit the accelerator instead of the brake" and hit my front left wheel/front corner again...

Both same part of the car hit, both accepted liability and both totally avoidable...

Again without a car for who knows how long (car is at tow holding yard). My own silly fault for not saying "yes" to hire car cover on my insurance...

Geez I hate that...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2016, 11:58 AM   #2413
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

blew a tyre on the caravan coming through Nyah!......not much fun on a single axle.

Please, if there are any Nyah resident's here......CLEAN UP YOUR 3 CORNER JACKS....both knees chocko with the little buggers.....ouchhhhh!!!!!!

but a big thanks to you folks....had plenty of locals pull over to give ole Poppa a hand....not common these days, well done....

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #2414
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For what it is worth Poppa, I have a kneeling cushion which doubles as a booster for one of the Grand Daughters - know your pain - the knees are not what they used to be

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #2415
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep!, I had plenty of blocks, 6"x4" and 6"x6" that I use to get out of bogs and to jack up the van in tight spots, once I learnt about the little lurkers I used one of those to kneel on.

but I have NEVER seen so many plants in my life, they are growing on top of each other, I planted one knee, quickly retrieved it and removed 10,000 jacks, OKAY it may be a slight exaggeration but the knee was completely covered, had to be 100 at least......still digging prickles out now

one of the folks who turned up was a local cocky (top bloke, as were they all) he reckons there is a major problem in the area.....I agree

we went and had a beer (my shout) after the wheel change....top afternoon with the locals then proceeded to Robinvale where I bought a new pair of tyres.....got a big discount on them as well so lucked out all round

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
3 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #2416
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Again without a car for who knows how long (car is at tow holding yard). My own silly fault for not saying "yes" to hire car cover on my insurance...
But you're not using your insurance are you?

Have a look at these two sites.

http://www.drive.com.au/car-insuranc...20090714-149ot

http://www.compassclaims.com.au/
Old 30-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #2417
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought some new long work pants online. Asked my wife (she's supposed to know!) what size to order.

They arrived yesterday, they certainly look like they should do the job well!

Pity they're 2 bloody sizes too small.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #2418
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Bought some new long work pants online. Asked my wife (she's supposed to know!) what size to order.

Hah!.....I'm not the only one, now if you were born in China or Singapore or wherever they make these daks nowadays they would fit.

numbers mean nothing now, no relation to Aussy sizes

Last edited by poppa smurf; 30-06-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 30-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #2419
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by markscar1
Serves you bloody right for doing local businesses out of work
Old 30-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #2420
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
But you're not using your insurance are you?

Have a look at these two sites.

http://www.drive.com.au/car-insuranc...20090714-149ot

http://www.compassclaims.com.au/
He Accepted liability and all that. Ive made a claim on my insurance to get things started just waiting on him to do his claim (today apparently) and its all good.

I nearly used Compass on the last one in February but as I was away in perth on holidays while the car was getting fixed didn't worry about it..

Might make contact with them again and see what happens...

Old 30-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #2421
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Serves you bloody right for doing local businesses out of work
I live in the bush so there's no local business who suffered and I bought them from a business in West Burleigh, Qld.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #2422
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK Sorry about that,but it really pees me off when people buy on line then complain because the local whatever shop closes down
Old 30-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #2423
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:

Same thing happened to me just last fortnight. Bought some army surplus trousers. The site made it clear to get the size right first time, so I made sure of my size, etc and then they sent me the wrong size anyway
Old 30-06-2016, 08:51 PM   #2424
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I thought the HID globe in the outlander blew today (no drivers side light working) so i rang Mitsubishi and they said $360 for the globe. I rang around here in Canberra and found the original HID globes for $130 from a wholesaler (got two of them). Put the new one in the drivers side after stuffing around trying to get original out for 30 minutes and it didn't work. So i pulled the new one out and then when i went to put the old one in i accidently pulled too hard on wire that holds the globe in and it came out. I cant for the life of me get the piece of wire back in due to being in such a confined space.

So it's off to the auto elecs tomorrow so they can fix my screw up and then try and trouble shoot the actual issue. I hate when i try and fix things i stuff it up sometimes and then it costs me more money in the end!
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2016, 11:15 PM   #2425
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
He Accepted liability and all that. Ive made a claim on my insurance to get things started just waiting on him to do his claim (today apparently) and its all good.

I nearly used Compass on the last one in February but as I was away in perth on holidays while the car was getting fixed didn't worry about it..

Might make contact with them again and see what happens...
Ended up getting a car from Compass Claims... If after 7 days the bloke didn't make a claim/etc they would have to take it back.. thought fair enough..

What annoys me is I get a phone call from Compass stating they got hold of the other party who now admitted, after telling me, my insurer and Compass he had insurance, that he was lying and he let his insurance lapse... So basically he isn't insured at all and apparently told the lady who called him "too bad for him, his insurance will have to cover it" and hung up on her... Compass obviously said they would have to take the car back...

Luckily today I called the smash repairer to ask if they had anyone they would recommend to rent a car off... The bloke said he would call Compass and try to get them to do a deal on me keeping the car I have (2014 Rav4) and just pay for the rental myself... Get the phone call.. They are willing to let me keep the car for $30+GST per day... Finally, A silver lining in this ****house situation... Not great I have to pay for something that wasn't my fault but at least they gave me a top deal on the car...

Anyway, with all this going on, it really makes me think what the hell is up with some people?? If you are going to have a car and drive it on the road, you should have at least 3rd Party property if not comprehensive insurance...

As part of being an adult it should be your responsibility to take ownership of your actions... due to this guys negligence i'm stuck in a ****** situation where ive got to pay for a rental car and possibly my excess...

I mean, I'm in a financial situation where the $$$ hit is something I can quite easily handle, its not really the point is it... I'm in the final process of building a house and getting spending money together for my US trip in September.. This $600 excess and $230/week car rental could be put towards that...

If this thing was reversed and it was my fault, Id happily admit fault, pay my excess to my insurer so both cars got fixed and move on...

I realize im probably making a mountain out a molehill but I needed to have a little vent of my frustrations...lol

Old 06-07-2016, 11:24 PM   #2426
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

...Being bombarded by those annoying YOUI adverts boasting about "lots" of $$$ they save people and how considering they are of individual situations. So I gave them a call about an ordinary stock Toyota only to be quoted more than twice what 8 other companies quoted me! I told the "advisor" this is the case and they insisted this is it.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 11:25 PM   #2427
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Ended up getting a car from Compass Claims... If after 7 days the bloke didn't make a claim/etc they would have to take it back.. thought fair enough..

What annoys me is I get a phone call from Compass stating they got hold of the other party who now admitted, after telling me, my insurer and Compass he had insurance, that he was lying and he let his insurance lapse... So basically he isn't insured at all and apparently told the lady who called him "too bad for him, his insurance will have to cover it" and hung up on her... Compass obviously said they would have to take the car back...

Luckily today I called the smash repairer to ask if they had anyone they would recommend to rent a car off... The bloke said he would call Compass and try to get them to do a deal on me keeping the car I have (2014 Rav4) and just pay for the rental myself... Get the phone call.. They are willing to let me keep the car for $30+GST per day... Finally, A silver lining in this ****house situation... Not great I have to pay for something that wasn't my fault but at least they gave me a top deal on the car...

Anyway, with all this going on, it really makes me think what the hell is up with some people?? If you are going to have a car and drive it on the road, you should have at least 3rd Party property if not comprehensive insurance...

As part of being an adult it should be your responsibility to take ownership of your actions... due to this guys negligence i'm stuck in a ****** situation where ive got to pay for a rental car and possibly my excess...

I mean, I'm in a financial situation where the $$$ hit is something I can quite easily handle, its not really the point is it... I'm in the final process of building a house and getting spending money together for my US trip in September.. This $600 excess and $230/week car rental could be put towards that...

If this thing was reversed and it was my fault, Id happily admit fault, pay my excess to my insurer so both cars got fixed and move on...

I realize im probably making a mountain out a molehill but I needed to have a little vent of my frustrations...lol
My insurance company tried to charge me the excess after a woman clipped my car and had no insurance, as I had provided them with all her details that were required they had no reason to expect me to pay the excess. It was not my fault or theirs that she had no insurance. I informed them that I pay them to insure me and that they are the ones responsible to extract any monies from the third party. Insurance companies will always try and push their luck, remind them they are employed to look after their customers.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #2428
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Sent an email to a Governemt Department 2 weeks ago and finally got a response.

My questions were generic in nature, and I stated the person I was asking about.

"Due to privacy we can't answer your question as you are not noted on the documentation" (that I supplied).

Thanks 9867786875

Yep - not even a name, some sort of employee reference number.

My reply was interesting. Lets see if that takes another 2 weeks.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #2429
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
I thought the HID globe in the outlander blew today (no drivers side light working) so i rang Mitsubishi and they said $360 for the globe. I rang around here in Canberra and found the original HID globes for $130 from a wholesaler (got two of them). Put the new one in the drivers side after stuffing around trying to get original out for 30 minutes and it didn't work. So i pulled the new one out and then when i went to put the old one in i accidently pulled too hard on wire that holds the globe in and it came out. I cant for the life of me get the piece of wire back in due to being in such a confined space.

So it's off to the auto elecs tomorrow so they can fix my screw up and then try and trouble shoot the actual issue. I hate when i try and fix things i stuff it up sometimes and then it costs me more money in the end!

story of my life......however the many things we do right that save us tens of thousands of dollars more than makes up for the occasional stuff up.

don't fret the small stuff and the big stuff will look after itself.

touched my distance reset button today.....the one in the odometer that resets the shorter travel distance.....snapped off of course so now that doesn't work, same as the left button on the clock, broke that the other day by touching it.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #2430
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Poppa you should know by now to leave knobs alone its the cold weather that makes them brittle.... keep your hands OUT of your pockets.