Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #1141
staity

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Idiots that race up the inside of you just before their lane ends and try to force a gap in order to merge. For ******* sake you know the lane is about to end just join the back of the queue it will only cost you a couple of car lengths in the whole scheme of things, and I wont have to worry about you wiping my front out or getting hit from behind because I've had to stand on the picks to miss you and your POS car. BMW drivers I'm looking at you...

2013 Ford Kuga Titanium Gunmetal Grey
staity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #1142
champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by staity View Post
Idiots that race up the inside of you just before their lane ends and try to force a gap in order to merge. For ******* sake you know the lane is about to end just join the back of the queue it will only cost you a couple of car lengths in the whole scheme of things, and I wont have to worry about you wiping my front out or getting hit from behind because I've had to stand on the picks to miss you and your POS car. BMW drivers I'm looking at you...
And I thought it was just me that copped this! I get it coming up a merge lane ramp out of the car park. Now I just play stupid, don't even look at them and keep going. Should see them back off!
champ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2014, 05:09 AM   #1143
QLD-Bluey
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by staity View Post
The thing that really gets on my goat is that sometimes it just isn't safe to dive on the brakes to let them in and you have to hold your ground and then they beep and flip YOU the finger!!!
QLD-Bluey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #1144
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

found a rock with the mower today. said rock found my car - drivers window shattered.

and being a renault I can only get a genuine one according to 2 windcreen places i called today.. i'm guessing this is going to get pricey.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #1145
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
found a rock with the mower today. said rock found my car - drivers window shattered.

and being a renault I can only get a genuine one according to 2 windcreen places i called today.. i'm guessing this is going to get pricey.
Thats always the way, out of the million directions it could have flew off it decides to go for the car lol.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #1146
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Thats always the way, out of the million directions it could have flew off it decides to go for the car lol.
never happened when it was the $1500 hyundai parked there..

and the car today was half blocked by 2 wheelie bins - could have hit a bin..

and i wasn't going to bother mowing that bit of grass because it is just a small patch of weeds that is always in shade, right on the edge of the driveway/garage..
Old 03-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #1147
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Ya know what I hate, bloody tea towels that don't absorb water effectively...........

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #1148
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Ya know what I hate, bloody tea towels that don't absorb water effectively...........
If they're linen they'll take awhile to become absorbent.
If you can't wait, get bamboo ones. They're ******* amazing.
Anything else is just crap.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #1149
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People who post stuff for sale online then don't bother removing the add when sold.

Had 5 things I wanted to buy, 3 were 'gone ages ago' 1 didn't answer, 1 went through and I bought the item.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #1150
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

the merge thing
if its a dotted line on teh merge lane the merging car gives wayif there is no dotted line and the two lanes just form into one with no lines then the person in the main lane gives way and lets the person on the left merge

now if everyone could just get this thru their thick heads

roadworks
you can see up ahead the left lane is close and only one lane will be open
but peanuts still have to zoom past everyone who have already gone into one lane to try and push in down the front and then get abusive when you dont let them in

yeah im talking to you in the bucket of **** commodore with P plates on it and 3 ******** mates in teh car with ya
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post5256466
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #1151
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
People who post stuff for sale online then don't bother removing the add when sold.

Had 5 things I wanted to buy, 3 were 'gone ages ago' 1 didn't answer, 1 went through and I bought the item.
Had heaps of people watching my Cummins 6BT ad on Ebay, relisted it 4 times, then I sold it outside of Ebay so I closed the sale and I start getting emails saying what happened to the engine and that they're interested in buying.

Too late now boys, had your chances plenty of times.

Best of all, no paypal or ebay fees
Old 09-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #1152
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
If you can't wait, get bamboo ones. They're ******* amazing. Anything else is just crap.

oooh, they sound like the go, where would I find them?

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 09-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #1153
Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
oooh, they sound like the go, where would I find them?
Apparently you can't get them from the place I used to get them from.
BUT, found this ones with teh goggles search:
http://bamboovillage.com.au/products...ea-towels.html

They're a bamboo cotton blend, which would be ideal thinking about it, because I found mine (100% bamboo) wore away pretty quickly if you're a numpty like me and shoved a knife through it while drying

Old 11-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #1154
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
the merge thing
if its a dotted line on teh merge lane the merging car gives way if there is no dotted line and the two lanes just form into one with no lines then the person in the main lane gives way and lets the person on the left merge
With a zip merge it is the car in front that has right of way, but what annoys me is where do you consider one car to be deemed in front because some just keep driving forward relative to the next lane despite an imminent merge. When they pass the sign telling them to merge it is time to look at safely merging by matching speed to other cars, not passing another 3 or 4 cars.

Also people looking to change lanes (from one marked lane to another), I was halfway alongside a car when he put the indicator on and started moving over. I laid on the horn, he still tried to drive me into the kerb. When moving from one marked lane to another you indicate and give way. The idiot was trying to change lanes 100 metres before a left turn after the lights in heavy traffic. His lack of planning isn't my fault, nor does his desire to change lanes exempt him from road rules. For people that do this - there's always another option, might be slower/longer, but is better than forcing other drivers into evasive action or crashing into them.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #1155
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74 View Post
I was halfway alongside a car when he put the indicator on and started moving over. I laid on the horn, he still tried to drive me into the kerb.
Unfortunately more and more drivers forget that indicators are to signal your intentions.

Not to tell others what you are actually doing, we can see (and sometimes feel) that.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #1156
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Not being told that my loan redraw will locked off due to a refinance on Monday and having $1.76 to my name in the bank for the weekend...

Old 13-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #1157
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Banks that don't process eftpos transactions for days on end that don't even show as "pending" on your account. So you check your balance, think you have $X to work with and promptly allocate and spend what you think you have only to wake up one day and find your account overdrawn because of a transaction you did a week ago. Now you're overdrawn and the bank then charges you an overdraw fee. But I guess that's my fault for not scrupulously scouring my account every single time I want to spend money, for unprocessed transactions, instead of relying on the supposedly latest, greatest netbank software that any other time shows transactions immediately and any credit card transactions pending. They seem to do it at random times with paypal transactions as well but when you complain it's always my fault for not having enough funds available and never their fault for not processing a transaction promptly in the first place. !#%*ing banks.!!

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 13-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #1158
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

debit cards......they have made me a "cashless" person.........I don't carry any cash unless I'm on honkidays.

so my shoe needs repair, cost $8 (stitching coming off the side)......no cash and the amount is too small for my card.......the repair hasn't been done so I went and bought a new pair of boots, $180. (kept the old pair in case I stumble over a bob or two in the future)

watch battery needs replacing.......yep! $8 ......no cash and won't accept the card for such a piddling amount.........yep! new watch......$250. (keeping the old one, as above, I got about 5 now including the "pulse" watch)

damn "cashless society is costing me money hand over fist.

I guess it really shows the laziness of me when I won't go to the hole in the wall to get a quid.

Why do cat's love my yard so much for their roody doo's and going's on.........gets cold chasing these damn things at 2 o'clock in the morning in just my jock's........try getting that picture out of your head Lotte!!! Heh! Heh! heh!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #1159
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

hey poppa, all you need to do is ask for a 20 when you pay for your fuel and they'll happily give it to you so you got something in ya wallet when the need arises, that's all I do mostly.

As for the cats, get a dog. a little one will do, Jack Russell or Foxy would do nicely. I've got a bit of a mongrel but mum was a foxy x Aussie terrior and we reckon dad was a black n' tan kelpie because he's the size and shape of a foxy with the perfect black n' tan markings of a kelpie. People still mistake him for a kelpie pup and he's 4 yrs old, but I don't have a cat problem,

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 13-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #1160
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

money seems to evaporate without trace from my wallet, it simply will not stay in there.

same as gold coins in my change jar, I keep it there to give out change to my customers, but the wife comes along or the grandkids and it vanishes without trace, must be that particular type of glass, it just won't hold gold, never mind they must need it more than I do.

nobody touches it but it simply vanishes.

on the cat front we have 3 dogs, "Gidget" cost $1200 (purebred teacup Yorkshire terrier) madam would never go outside,

Fuggles (softened from Fugly) is a "rescue" dog, a little overweight mongrel that S.I.L. bought but B.I.L. didn't want so he abused her (as you do when something is disliked) then she chose me, wouldn't leave my side (still won't) and I brought her home.

then "wimpy" a little bloke who we bought simply "because".......he's blind now and suffers seizures.

a lot of barking is present but not much chasing nowadays.....the two outside dogs are in excess of 12 now, so a lot of puffing and wheezing as well as laughter from the local cats until i get out and chase em, after all the dogs pride is at stake, quite often I will bark so the neighbours think my dogs are still capable.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
3 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #1161
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I got the other problem, got cats but the neighbours jack russel comes along and eats their food, but at least they all get along, the cats and jack russel get along fine, he will be eating their food while they sit there next to him.
Old 13-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #1162
Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
Why do cat's love my yard so much for their roody doo's and going's on.........gets cold chasing these damn things at 2 o'clock in the morning in just my jock's........try getting that picture out of your head Lotte!!! Heh! Heh! heh!

Old 14-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #1163
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

qualtrics is currently driving me up the great wall of china!!!!

Since l'm the nice caring son that l am my mother dearest, roped me into doing her qualtrics surveys up for her since she doesn't have the time to do it herself, the results are me chucking tantrums at the bloody useless software while mum quietly laughs her head off seeing my face turn to a purple akin to beetroot. So l'll ask this in hear since neither mum or l can find an answer, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSERT A DIAGRAM INTO A QUESTION???
thanks in advance.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2014, 07:06 AM   #1164
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

1 sentence (if you can call a bunch of random words with no punctuation that) eBay adds that are missing lots of important info a buyer may want to know.

Oh, and 'located in Sydney'... Really? Narrows it down doesn't it.

2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #1165
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
1 sentence (if you can call a bunch of random words with no punctuation that) eBay adds that are missing lots of important info a buyer may want to know.

Oh, and 'located in Sydney'... Really? Narrows it down doesn't it.
I found Gumtree seems to have the worst offenders.

Like people trying to sell cars with one photo and "Runs good, low kms"
Old 18-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #1166
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wondering why our interweb had ceased doing what it does.......phone call to telstra stated a 15 minute waiting time "due to extreme weather"......."no thanks, better things to do".

went without for the day, no biggie, wife comes home, "whats going on here, why isn't this working"........oh! oh!, act dumb, not hard to do......"um, don't know dear, it was working earlier".

"whats this wire thats in pieces"........

"Gidget", the wonder dog, (Yorkshire terrier by another name) has been on the rampage, doing what puppies do.......chewed up the telling bone wire coming into the router thereby giving all the magic signals nowhere to infiltrate.

never mind, Gidget helped me with lots of licks and kisses, to let me know she doesn't hold a grudge, while we sorted out, soldered, repaired the tiny little wires.........

5 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #1167
snopony

Not having owned a car from the 70's in over 20 years…. went to fill up at the bowser… yep got sprayed with a decent amount of 98. Fail.
Hated it.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #1168
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Probably been posted, but cbf looking.
******* that cant turn their lights on at night.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #1169
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Probably been posted, but cbf looking.
******* that cant turn their lights on at night.
Or those that drive around with only their parkers on all day (thinking that they're a 'safe' driver).

Parking lights are for PARKING, fercrissake!
Old 19-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #1170
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

My bloody hair on my head (the one on my neck) grows too damn quick, need haircuts all the time lol.