Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 03-08-2005, 01:16 AM   #1
TX5_AX
Low EF

Default car revvving itself at lights

when i start my car for the first time it idles at 750 which is fine, but later down the road when i pull up at the lights in neutral it starts going spastic... the taco will go down to 600 then bounce up to 2300rpm and just keep boucing till after bout 15 seconds it will just sit idleing on 2100.

anyone noe wtf is goin on?

cheers

TX5_AX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 01:34 AM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mmm weird when my car is cold it will idle at 1500 and then go to 750 when warm. Very strange and im guessin somethings up with the ISC (Idle Speed Control) valve. Its regulates the warm up idel and is meant to maintain idle at set values. Sorry cant be much help than that.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 11:22 PM   #3
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

sounds like you need to clean the EGR valve.

if you had a AT/AV telstar i could tell you exactly how to do it but im not sure if AX's even have that valve, but if it does id put money on it.
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
TX5_AX
Low EF

can u give me some info in the EGR valve.. wot is it?

ive been asking around and most people are saying idle speed control as michay said
Old 08-08-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

thats what every1 told me, until someone said to clean the EGR valve and guess what, it fixed it.

The egr reuses exhaust so there is less emissions and uses less fuel. I cant really tell you anything more but id find out where it is and clean it out with carby cleaner and see what that does, $5-6 is at stake
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #6
TX5_AX
Low EF

i dropped the oil, new oil filter, did a coolant flush and its seemed to have fixed it.

runs smoooth as, without a glitch.

going to get a falcon now \m/