Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 23-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Thumbs down Geezus , Ford Problem

My Tx5 Broke down something shocking today in cranbourne on Thompsons Road. Was Driving Back from Frankston and the car was in D and all of a sudden there was no acceleration , But the Car was still on and it was revving , I Knew i Had a Automatic Transmission Problem so I Pulled over and Let it sit , then moved and it was good, but then , at Thompsons Road , It Happened again , so i Stopped and Checked under the Bonnet to see water ****ing out of a heater Hose and the Radiator was Bone Dry , So Im Wondering Would that affect the Transmission More ?

Im Thinking of Ditching it For Something in the E-Series Range , So Ill just cash in my rego and save a bit of cash , cos this car is starting to Break down in stages , The Interior is Great , and the Body is Strait with a bit of Crows Feet in the Paint work , but id rather something bigger anyway , So If you know of any Eseries Cars Selling Cheap , PM Me

Cheers Red :

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

My Advice would be to get a AT or AV TX5 (87-92) because they are much bigger than what you have, plus the Ghia has everything plus more. The fuel economy is great, and i have 2 of them (a Ghia and a GT) The Ghia i have has done over 320,XXXkms and not a thing wrong with it, *touchwood* and we have owned it since its had 130,XXXkms and only ever replaced a Water Pump.
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #3
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

This looks like a good one

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2253883&cur rent_rec=5&used_rec=11&total_rec=16&sort_type=&tot al_rec=16&sort_type=&make_id=6&model_id=200&state_ id=7&search_distance=25
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 10:37 AM   #4
Kryton

yes it will affect your transmission.
the transmission oil runs through a part of the radiator to cool itself. if you have no way of cooling it (no water) it will get too hot and too thin.
basically if the oil is too hot, its like having no oil at all in the tranny......it just doesnt work at all.
fix the water leak and your tranny will be fine.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

There are a few cheap e series Falcons in the For sale section ( http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=41 ), if that's what you want to get...

For example:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=15671 89 EA Fairmont duel fuel $800
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=15058 ea falcon s only requires windscreen for RWC $1300

There are others, but those are the cheapest I found on the first page, and no doubt there are others on the other pages in that section...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #6
Kryton

go down to both the auctions, youll find something there.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 10:18 PM   #7
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

My Car stopped today and wouldnt go into Gear , i Put it in Drive and It Just Sits theere and revs , tried 1 2 and R and its the same but if the car is rocked and then Just put in D it goes for about 1-200 Meters and then slips out of Gear and s Up

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post