Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #61
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

That guy abusing the truck is an idiot. No matter how right he thinks he was.

He got out of his car all big and proud, beating his chest like a gorilla in heat.

What if there were 2 guys in the truck, equally as crazy as him?? Getting beaten to a pulp because of a near miss is ohhh so worth it.

Yes, I have been in the same situation... the hero in me wanted to do the same as that guy, then common sense takes over and you realise you have a whole life to live and this is really not worth your time or safety.
Old 31-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #62
CODSASR

the guy in the vid is a idiot I have 3 kids and would never break test a 20 ton truck with them in the car. No matter how much anyone trys to stick up for him he will always be just another tool who shouldnt have a licence.

Would have been good to see the truck drive slam the door into the idiots head. My uncle is a truckie and he said thats the best way to deal with people like that9he has done it a few time)

2012 SZ TS Territory
Old 31-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #63
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Here's a lot of people calling the bloke in the VID an idiot etc, but no mention how much of an idiot the truckie was for being on some wakie wakie pills. Then again, that doesn't matter in anyones eyes does it? It wasn't them that nearly got cleaned up.

Before people think I've got it in for truckies. Think again. My father-in-law is a truckie. In my workplace, I deal with alot of them too. So I haven't got a set against them. Some of them are just out and out cowboys that are a danger to everyone, including themselves.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 31-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #64
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The bloke in the vid lost the plot, pure and simple. He brake-tested the trauck, tried to block it, chased it down, and blocked it again. He then launched into a tirade, yelling, kicking, and doing his utmost to enter the cabin which was evidently locked. About 20 times he demanded the driver of the truck to get out.......what, for a quiet conversation? Like hell. This guy wanted to belt seven shades of **** out of the driver on a public road. He was a decently built guy too, may have killed the guy in the truck given how fired-up he was.

Look, whatever happened earlier to get this guy's ire up is one thing, and I can imagine a few words being exchanged at the time. Should have been all over in 30 seconds or less, but no. The guy in the car lost it. Here we have a fully grown man, totally out of his head. I've seen his type of person a hundred times before. Sorry to whomever knows him, but its that sort of totally out of hand temperament that is half the problem of this sort of crap going on in society.
Old 31-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #65
CODSASR

not to mention he went to have a go at the guy calling the cops. If the truckie did do what was mentiond take the rego call the cops then call the truck coumpany in this case Toll and let them know you would find he would be out of a job after the phone call.

I still dont see who would behave like that with there child in the car I wouldnt be surprised if the baby ended up with some sort of brain damage after the way the guy was swerving all over the road.

2012 SZ TS Territory
Old 31-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #66
CODSASR

I have nearly been cleaned up by trucks a few times but I dont go around cutting them off and kicking and punching the truck demanding they step out for a chat over a cup of hot A$$ whoping

2012 SZ TS Territory
Old 31-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #67
[CaSeY]
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
You are a champion. I would do the same thing.

I was approaching a crossing on foot, a cyclists was coming, it was clear he was not going to stop, my girlfriend stopped at the side of the road and was going to let this idiot cyclist pass, but I just kept walking right out in front of him and he just hit his brakes and went around me.
I have a major hate for any cyclists who does not obey basic road rules.
Just the other day this girl on a bike rode out into the middle of the lane i was going down wearing no helmet, didnt look backwards or signal or anything, then at the red light she just blasts through... then i was like
Old 31-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #68
CFOUR
The Destroyer

I never give idiots on the road more than a good measure of very loud windsor exhaust, a quick bird or a good old thumbs up thumbs down to show my appreation for there incompetence. That said anybody intentionally trying to run me off the road is gonna cop a sizable beating for endangering my safety.
Can't we all just get along
Old 31-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #69
Cheech
HELL YES

Know your enemy well......

This is from the late 80's early 90's.

travelling east along the M4 in Sydney and approaching the then coin operated toll gates, a Suzuki Mighty Boy with a chest of drawers in the back changes lanes and nearly hits a commodore. Dude in Commodore goes off swearing, shaking fist, tailgating, etc for a few K's

At the toll gates commodore is in front of me and mighty boy two cars back. Commodore driver decides to get out of car to pick fight with "easy" target. Mighty boy driver extricates himself from car and he's a cross between Andre the giant/John Eales/Swarzenegger. He starts striding toward the Commy driver who bolts back to his car and drives off.

The girlfriend and I couldn't stop laughing.

2019 Ssangyong Rexton fourby (the daily driver, tow pig & snowmobile)
Old 01-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #70
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Every person in that video was acting in the wrong imo.. The trucky obviously was an idiot for driving under the influence of drugs, and his near miss.. The man in the car made 1 endangerment for his child, into several, not to mention held up traffic etc... The guy videoing it, acting all tough "I'm going to run him over".. if he thinks there is a chance he is going to turn on him, he should have driven away when he first thought of it, rather then thinking he would run him over just to get the video....

I agree with CFOUR's methods.. sometimes people need to be alerted to there wrong doing, but there is such a thing as taking it to far.

Driving in and out of streets around school, multiple times I've had kids walk on the road in front of me and I've had to stop to not hit them, I'll tell you what a quick rev of the loud falcon and they're out of the way pretty quick :P

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #71
FgNewbie
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Here's a lot of people calling the bloke in the VID an idiot etc, but no mention how much of an idiot the truckie was for being on some wakie wakie pills. Then again, that doesn't matter in anyones eyes does it? It wasn't them that nearly got cleaned up.

Before people think I've got it in for truckies. Think again. My father-in-law is a truckie. In my workplace, I deal with alot of them too. So I haven't got a set against them. Some of them are just out and out cowboys that are a danger to everyone, including themselves.
I didn't see a video of a truckie taking wakie wakie pills.
The video I saw showed a lunatic willing to endanger others.

What ever the truckie is reportedly guilty of, I can only hope they all receive the appropriate penalty for their actions.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #72
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Thanks for the support in response to my first post. I do believe that there is always a motivation, even if it is extreme or unrelated. If could learn from the experience I would know how to adviod the situation in the first place. Hence why I've been playing the incident over and over in my head. Did I do the right thing to get out of the situiation? I don't know. If I had slowed down, then the other guy may have forced me to stop much like in that video. However If there had been a speed camera over the rise of the hill as I accelerated away, I would have been screwed. I can just imagine the conversation with the cop. "Oh sure he was...."

I can understand how some of you might have concluded that I was playing light wars however from my point of view I wasn't. Besides straight line acceration isn't exactly my cars best feature, so why try to race everybody only to lose 60% of the time? I can't say the if the other guy thought we were playing light wars or not, but if he did, I would have thought he'd be paying more attension to the lights than fidelling around in his cabin (looking for his drugs maybe?).

That video is crazy. Even if the truckie did something stupid to casue the other guy to go off, the response was too extreme, endangering other motorists. I would love to see how it would turn around if the guy in the truck stepped out of his cabin and happened to be much bigger than the guy in the car?

Besides if noone has learned from the days of school. It's never the person who instigates the problem, It's always the person who responds to it who gets caught.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Old 01-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #73
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
I was crossing a pedestrian crossing and some clown on his bike decided he didnt have to stop for pedestrians and rode right in front of me, narrowly missing me. Unfortunately for him, it was narrow enough that i could still reach him... i gave the ***** a shove and down he went. The look of shock was priceless.

I am #^% over cyclists who think the rules dont apply to them.
Works both ways. Mate of mine was knocked of his bike at 60kmh by some dim pedestrian who walked out onto the road without looking. Completley stuffed a $15k bike.

So over bashing of cyclists. Done to death!
Old 01-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #74
Fled74
The Thread Killa

And now for something completely different...
I was at Woolworths Sunshine an hour or so ago and there were two old ladies in wheelchairs arguing loudly with each other. Everyone just stared, and I immediately thought of this thread.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #75
kinksta
Luxojet

This is why I have a cougar magnum under the drivers seat...
Old 01-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #76
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Best road rage memory: Mates mum screaming abuse at a drive who was being a nimrod, her point was "I have kids in the car" his point was "I dont care!"... her counter-argument was a 12" hunting knife and a slew of Greek swear words... she won that argument.

Worst road rage memory: Old mate of our uncles back in NZ (around 80 years old at the time) got hit by someone going excessively fast around a round about in his car. He got out to apologize (thinking he was in the wrong) and they (being in their 30's) laid him out on the ground.

While the idiot jumping up the park lane or the feral screaming abuse at you after slowing down because they were tailgating you does boil the blood, by far the people I scratch my head at the most are the dads in their v8's or hotted up cars with the kids in the back doing 120 clicks down the main road because a learner was slowing them down.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #77
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
This is why I have a cougar magnum under the drivers seat...
Jesus Christ I hope your ******* kidding. If not then that just about makes you the biggest moron in this thread. I get ****ed off at some of the idiots I have to share the road with but how hard is it to ignore them or turn off and let them drive on or drive to a police station? I just can't believe the stupidity of people on here sometimes.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #78
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I have a feeling he was joking ken2903

... or maybe he meant 'this guy'
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #79
CODSASR

Ken2903 I am sure he is just trying to make himself sound tuff there is no way some one is that silly. But it does show that you never know what some one might pull on you even if they where in the wrong.

What happend to courtesy on the roads I dont know about the city but I grew up in a country town and the worst we seen was people who would wave back when passing

2012 SZ TS Territory
Old 01-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #80
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

double post

Last edited by grandpa_spec_F6; 01-11-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: double post - stupid interwebs
Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #81
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I was driving home from work today and exiting sharps road in Tullamarine going over tullamarine park drive I think its called, towards the ring road there is this little area for trucks to pull over and park, anyways me and a few others behind me where in the left hand lane, this semi driver just comes out of the park in front of all of us without even stopping, I just swerved into the other lane, got past him then went back into the left lane.

Then when I was nearly home, there was some driver in a Merc who obviously didn't know where he was supposed to turn, anyways country highway, 100km/h, he just jams on the brakes after passing a turnoff and comes to a near stop and we all had to go onto the opposite side of the road because he was too close to us for us to stop.

Some people got on the horn, I don't see why, sure it ****** you off but you can put it behind you pretty easily. Australians are supposed to be "layed back", except when we get in our cars its every man for himself.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #82
kinksta
Luxojet

I'm sorry you couldn't read my sarcasm phhhh

And Ken, did you know the word gullible was removed from the dictionary?

Anyway, it just shows that you may think you are amazing and tough, but you have no way of knowing what the bloke/lady you are abusing is capable of, or has concealed in his car.

So think twice before you go nuts at someone for trivial things like cutting you off or not indicating (at town/city speeds), for Christ's sake there are plenty worse things in life I would worry about.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #83
3vXT

Well obviously I did miss the sarcasm but can you blame me?

Some of the stupid things i've read on here over the last few years have lead me to believe that there are more than a few nut bags among us, even a few well respected members. I apologise for reading your post wrong and jumping to conclusions. I'm also glad you're not a nut bag
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #84
kinksta
Luxojet

She's apples mate haha
Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #85
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Some people really need to think before posting, this one's finished.
Closed Thread