Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: How many times have you been caught speeding?
Never; and I'm proud of it! 34 16.59%
1 -5; the occasional mind lapse 115 56.10%
6 - 10; neither here nor there 32 15.61%
10 -20; Speeding, what's that? 14 6.83%
20 +; I'm happy to donate to the upkeep of our roads! 10 4.88%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #91
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How Many Times Have You Been Caught Speeding?

Plastic packaging strap folded in two worked on the mechanical meters, free all day meter parking. Took a while for the council to wake up one day there was a strange car parked nearby with a couple of blokes observing the parking area.
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #92
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The experience, information and willingness to help and share data in regards to the ZF cooling system options has probably cleared a lot of doubt about air/oil coolers and the ZF transmission. 

Just got a letter confirming that my speeding fine appeal is under review

It's a bit of a worry that I have also received some obvious scam emails saying that I have been fined

Quote,

You've been issued with a Infringement Notice: Violation Number: AA1332703047

Date of violation: 01/5/2017

Amount due: $ 162.82 AUD

Quote,

You've been issued with a Infringement Notice: Violation No: AA6775683968

Date of detection: 29/4/2017

Amount due: $ 584.03 AUD

On your mobile phone you can't look notification. Working only on PC.

End quote.

Deleted them of course

Bad grammar and $$$$, give them away, but hope no one has been scammed

Had them when first fined and again soon after receiving letter, makes you wonder if someone is hacking into the system

Anyone else had this?

2007 BFII Fairmont Ghia I6 4L, ZF6 Auto, Ego Charcoal, Warm Charcoal.

R/Up 2019:Winner 2023:, Best BA-BF Geelong AFD.

PWR Air/Oil Cooler, K&N, Egas elbow, V8 upper F6 lower CAI.

1997 Fairmont EL Ghia Tickford 4L Auto
1985 Falcon XF GL 4.1L Auto.
1979 Fairmont XD Ghia 4.1L Auto.
1971 Cortina GL Estate 1200cc Manual.
BFIIGhiaZF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #93
Qwerty321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was bloody annoying. No speeding tickets or tickets of any sort for 3.5 years of driving and then got 4 speeding tickets in 1 week. All of them for 5-10 over the limit and it was when i was driving the entire length of Nz pretty much in 2 days. Pulled up by a cop once for 10 over the limit, 2 speeding cameras on the same stretch of road for 5 over and another speeding camera for 4kph over going down a hill.

Most annoying thing was i then got a call from the insurance company saying my premium and excess were going up cause i was already a high risk driver (male under 21)

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"
"Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick Two"

Qwerty321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2017, 06:56 PM   #94
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Used to average about two a year.. Keep in mind I was on the road all the time..
On way home on last day I retired . I got 3 camera tickets on way home.. Didn't know a school zone on Parramatta rd, 56 kp..Ahh !! .. Plus near home Gt Western Highway has been reduced from 80 kph to 60 kph.. I was doing 78.. Sheesh !!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #95
scoupedy

Must be close to twenty times in 27 years
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #96
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The experience, information and willingness to help and share data in regards to the ZF cooling system options has probably cleared a lot of doubt about air/oil coolers and the ZF transmission. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF11GhiaZF6 View Post
Thanks guys, had intended to just pay up, but am now just posting form, http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...Media_ID=97823
alleged speed was 6.6% over limit, am regularly passed on freeway sitting on speed limit by people doing fk'sw speed

Heading out to Alice next week and hitting the dirt
No, not in the Ghia
Have clamped down in NT outside Alice too now 110kph on sealed road, 130kph on dirt, sealing a lot more of the Larapinta way road around the West McDonald Range tourist loop with 80kph limit on some it now, not as much fun as it used to be, but enjoyed the trip as ever

Was beginning to think they had forgotten about me, but just received letter, lost my appeal, got another month to pay up $194

Thanks anyway guys, was worth a try

2007 BFII Fairmont Ghia I6 4L, ZF6 Auto, Ego Charcoal, Warm Charcoal.

R/Up 2019:Winner 2023:, Best BA-BF Geelong AFD.

PWR Air/Oil Cooler, K&N, Egas elbow, V8 upper F6 lower CAI.

1997 Fairmont EL Ghia Tickford 4L Auto
1985 Falcon XF GL 4.1L Auto.
1979 Fairmont XD Ghia 4.1L Auto.
1971 Cortina GL Estate 1200cc Manual.
BFIIGhiaZF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #97
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once in 2007 - 64 in a 60 and one last month 50 in a 40 friggin Lakeside Dr/Fitzroy St in St.Kilda. Had no idea about that one, am still quite dirty about that
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #98
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Meh I just got another 1 in the mail.71 in a 60 zone. I was about 50 meters too early to do 70.
Old 14-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #99
stock1991
Limited supply

surprisingly not that many times speeding, I choose my moments. DUI on the other hand I ashamedly admit to several times, never had an accident just caught by RBT. I know it's stupid and that was over 20 years ago, I count myself lucky that I never injured anybody, that must be so hard to live with. I've had full points for 2 decades , if you don't count me "taking the rap" for friends couple of times, shhhh
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #100
stock1991
Limited supply

ok i have had a couple of accidents but I wasn't drunk
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2017, 12:04 AM   #101
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
First time in 1998. Hired a Tarago and was driving along the ANZAC highway in Adelaide with several work colleagues on the way to Mitsubishi to do a yard audit. Four lane road which I assumed was 70km/hr. It was morning, sunny and dry. Nice policeman with a radar gun behind a tree caught me doing 72 in a 60 zone.

Second time in 1999. First time I ever had a brand new car (yes company car but still 'mine'). Also the first time I owned a manual. I used to enjoy giving it a squirt from rest and stir the gears before dropping to the speed limit. Clear night but dry and only about a kilometre from home. Just about to grab fourth when there is a flash of light behind me. Did a -U-turn to discover one of those new mobile speed cameras. Clocked at mid 70s in a 60 zone.

Third time was driving at Wilsons Promontory in 2000. The drive to the national park is 100km/r. Once one enters the national park the speed limit drops from 100 to 80. As the road in the park is the same quality as the road to the park I continued to drive at about 100. Day sunny and dry conditions. Went around a bend and a nice policeman with a radar gun gets me. Adjusts it to less than 15 over the speed limit - thank you.

2012 was in the far left lane at the lights with a bloke to my right. Need to cross to the right as had to turn right to get on the freeway just past the lights. Light goes green so I accelerate to get in front, the guy next to me thinks I want a race. So he gives it a boot full and I just say **** you and went at it harder still. Got in front of him but in the process passed the lights which had both red light and speed cameras fitted. Done for doing almost 90 in an 80 zone. Dry, clear sunny day.

2013. Approaching Frankston from the north along Frankston-Dandenong Road. Had to cruise control set to 82 km/hr. Just before reaching the railway crossing the speed limit drops from 80 to 60. Disengaged the cruise control and put the car in neutral so let the car wash off speed by itself. Clear day, dry road and nobody behind so just let the car coast along. Problem is the car didn't wash off as much speed as I anticipated so when I passed the lights which are fitted with speed cameras was done doing 64 in a 60 zone.

Conclusion: One of the 5 I clearly made a conscious decision to speed. The other 4 I was just unlucky. As to the times where I sped and didn't get caught, well that is another story...........
Now 6. A few weeks ago I was driving a former work colleague back to their place in an area not familiar to me. It was night and I seldom drive in that suburb. Well a letter I just received states I was driving 59 in a 50 area. **** off. When I got my license in 1987 it wasn't possible to be fined for driving so slowly!!! Slowest speeding ticket of the lot. Too many ****ing streets are unnecessarily limited to 50. Now some of the councils infested with people from the looney left want to introduce speed limits of 30 km/hr. God save us.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2017, 12:28 AM   #102
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Now 6. A few weeks ago I was driving a former work colleague back to their place in an area not familiar to me. It was night and I seldom drive in that suburb. Well a letter I just received states I was driving 59 in a 50 area. **** off. When I got my license in 1987 it wasn't possible to be fined for driving so slowly!!! Slowest speeding ticket of the lot. Too many ****ing streets are unnecessarily limited to 50. Now some of the councils infested with people from the looney left want to introduce speed limits of 30 km/hr. God save us.

You must be in Victoria. I'm In nsw and the sydney cbd for the best part is 40 and whilst it's not a part of my job description I have to drive for a living and that's painful. Pedestrians are something as a driver you look for. It's when they step out when they're sending a Facebook message or just simply pre occupied with the phone is when people walk under cars and busses. My brakes get roached fast from ignorant people and the law says it my fault. To date I've never hit an ignoramus, but they roam free.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #103
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Twice in the 10 days I was in SA, what a crap inconsistent place that is. Two $431 fines. First one doing 11ks over just north of Coober Pedy. My mate the very next day was 28ks over north of Pt Augusta and gets a caution. The the second one, coming down the big long hill into Adelaide from Mt Barker, 14ks over, big deal. What a revenue raising hill that must be. 90k zones with speed cameras placed there for no other reason apart from to generate money, certainly doesn't slow people down. I was sitting at around 110 and had people in vans getting ****ty at me because they were trying to do 130 and then they'd do 90 where the camera was and then roar off again to 130+ when they were past it. I'll say it again, what an A-Hole place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2017, 06:47 PM   #104
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Twice in the 10 days I was in SA, what a crap inconsistent place that is. Two $431 fines. First one doing 11ks over just north of Coober Pedy. My mate the very next day was 28ks over north of Pt Augusta and gets a caution. The the second one, coming down the big long hill into Adelaide from Mt Barker, 14ks over, big deal. What a revenue raising hill that must be. 90k zones with speed cameras placed there for no other reason apart from to generate money, certainly doesn't slow people down. I was sitting at around 110 and had people in vans getting ****ty at me because they were trying to do 130 and then they'd do 90 where the camera was and then roar off again to 130+ when they were past it. I'll say it again, what an A-Hole place.

LOL, everyones fault but your own............
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2017, 06:49 PM   #105
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
LOL, everyones fault but your own............

I didn't blame anyone, I know I was speeding but firstly how about some consistency and what's the point of those cameras on the hill apart from revenue raising. They do nothing to prevent people speeding.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #106
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have been caught 3 times in my life. Always by an actual policeman, and always 20km/h+ infringements. I drive slightly over the limit everywhere, and rack up over 1000 k's per week.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #107
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbucko View Post
I spent half my life working out of a van in the Sydney CBD, it was an endless battle of wits trying to outsmart the parking police, they would chalk your tyres, then I would clean the chalk marks off with WD40, they would come back and chalk them again. After doing this a few times you move the van a foot or so, some times it worked sometimes not, some of them got tricky and put secret chalk marks on the road. When they did that it was time to find a new spot.
I discovered that you could run down the clockwork mechanism in the old style parking meters with a paddle pop stick, that could get you some cheap parking. Once I punched a faulty parking meter in frustration and $10 dropped out of it, better than a poker machine.

I have had more parking fines than I can remember, but plenty of cheap parking as well.
Best trick for getting cheap parking is buy the ticket from the wrong meter , say a P zone, drive to a 2P or 1P zone and display that ticket but make sure the meter id and street name as concealed by edge of windscreen. Surefire way.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2023, 07:23 PM   #108
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Got a fine in the mail tonight which is my 7th in 36 years. Doing 48 in a 40 zone which used to be a 60 zone in the late 80s (and plod would have not batted an eyelid if I was doing 65 at that time). What a pharked up time we live in.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2023, 07:30 PM   #109
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Once in 12 years on the road - 61 over the limit overtaking in an overtaking zone at 11AM

Was by local police, never had any camera fines, let alone a parking ticket, mind you got my car impounded in Melbourne CBD last week because I didn't realise paid street parking turned into a clear way zone after 4PM

12 month disqualification period plus licence cancelled (not suspended), had to go through licence eligibility order court process like repeat drink and drug drivers and get on the witness stand in front of the magistrate to get it back rather than just on time.

Ended up being 13 months no licence by the time it was all said and done.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 11-09-2023 at 07:35 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2023, 07:50 PM   #110
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably 4-5 times in 55 years of driving.All low range as in around 12-15 over in 60 zones
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2023, 02:25 PM   #111
Honest Gaza

Of course things could change tomorrow, but so far, never had to pay a speeding fine in 41 Years of Driving.

I have received 2 x Camera Speeding Fines in the Mail during that time, but each time I was able to get off due to good driving record.
Honest Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2023, 02:41 PM   #112
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yar ! I was given a ticket once, I said are you sure you want to give me that ticket.

Good shot !

Well i ended giving it back, one said, I could make it go away mate !

I could a swore i was under the limit.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2023, 05:50 PM   #113
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I prefer not to keep track, I got one in the mail yesterday for 106 in a 100 zone.. sneaky bugger got me from behind, didn't even spot it.. first one in 5 years I think.. still have all my points though touch wood

I did get done for the same red light camera 3 years apart (almost to the day) a long while ago

First time I was on my P's in pole position at the red light and crept over the line awaiting the green light.. FLASH FLASH

Wasn't too happy about it, took about 3 years to get over it.. anyway about 3 years later around 1am heading home from the drags I was driving up to the same set of lights and was telling my mates about the story rahh rahh rahh.. lights turn amber out of nowhere (NO cars around) did the old brake **** nah fuggit and gunned it through.. FLASH FLASH F&$K

These days having speed camera attached to most camera around town it's best to hit the skids so that's the default setting I run now!
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2023, 06:35 PM   #114
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never would I ever speed. Still zero tickets
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2023, 10:58 PM   #115
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bragging about never speeding is like bragging about never claiming a tax deduction.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2023, 10:59 PM   #116
Techno

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Went for a trip with my Mum earlier this week to drop off my seadoo for a service and to drop off a display cabinet to my sister that was at my mum's.

During the approx 6 hour round trip, we talked about many things, but especially other people's driving habits. In amongst that was how many people were speeding.

I know that there are always threads on this forum about how unfair the current speeding rules are, and how inappropriate some of the speed limits are, etc, and then you have the other side of the fence where people say it is easy not to pay the government, just don't speed. So, it got me to thinking about how many people on these forums actually don't speed (or at least never get pinged for it), and of those that do, how often they get caught.

I'll happily put up my hand and proudly say that, in the 27 years I've held a licence, I have never been caught. Not once!. Not to say I don't speed, because I don't think anyone can honestly say that, but I think I'm a pretty good judge of right time and place.

But, my Mum trumps me easily! She's had a licence for something like 45 years, and has never been booked, fined or even pulled over for speeding! Except once when we lived in Malaysia back in the mid-70s. On that occasion, Mum swears she wasn't speeding, but it is pretty hard to argue when you're a female, by yourself and the police officer is brandishing a machine gun . After an exchange of cash, all was forgotten so I don't think that really counts....

So, how many times have you been fined for speeding? And when you post, please let us know how many years you have had a licence.

This should be an interesting survey!
This is the dumbest thread ever. Who cares how many time you been caught. Are you 16 years old
Techno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2023, 07:49 AM   #117
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

When I was in my twenties, I sped all the time and wondered why I always seemed to be running into the cops.

In my thirties, I stopped speeding in 60 and 80 kph zones but would often sit 10 kph over the limit on highways
which reduced the occurrence of infringements but still got the odd one or two….

Then I woke up in my forties and realised that if I speed all the time, the cops are waiting for me to come to them.
So I fitted cruise control and made sure that my speed didn’t drift over 7-10 kph on the highways.

These days I keep to the speed limits or just over to allow for speedo error, I notice that a lot of other drivers now do this,
speeding fines are now rare to the point of non existent because I refuse to be a cash cow for what is basically tax.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2023, 12:42 PM   #118
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4 or 5 since 1967.
I think my first one was about the year 2000.
Everyone has been on the lowest you can get.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2023, 12:53 PM   #119
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno View Post
This is the dumbest thread ever. Who cares how many time you been caught. Are you 16 years old
So Techno.what (in your opinion) would be the best topic for general conversation?
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2023, 02:03 PM   #120
Trevor 57
is now there

My last speeding fine was late December 1998