Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2022, 10:27 PM   #721
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

VNC Client for Sync 2: (Configure a Raspberry Pi for 800x480 - and you can control it from the Sync 2 unit)...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/m.../post-86898515
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2022, 11:33 PM   #722
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: How to change Ford FG upper control arm bushes + Home made pressing tool 

This is the current state of my mark 1 ICC screen at the moment

It is connected to pi and running Open Auto Pro/Android auto

and this is when I VNC into it.

Last edited by gkhn; 19-05-2022 at 11:39 PM.
gkhn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2022, 01:49 PM   #723
jakka351

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkhn View Post
This is the current state of my mark 1 ICC screen at the moment

It is connected to pi and running Open Auto Pro/Android auto

and this is when I VNC into it.
How did you get quality so good with analog video out from pi?
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-05-2022, 01:54 PM   #724
jakka351

Exclamation Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Have you got socketcan up?
Old 20-05-2022, 06:56 PM   #725
jakka351

Smile Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteford View Post
Can you do this on a monochrome?
Yes, ASL offer this service, give them a call for this proprietary in house, custom, not pinched from a forum solution.
Old 20-05-2022, 09:13 PM   #726
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: How to change Ford FG upper control arm bushes + Home made pressing tool 

Didn't do anything special.
Just used the video kit from mentioned company (ASL ahem ahem).
The reason is good quality is because it converts native composite signal from pi to RGB component and sync (5 different wires (R+G+B+SYNC+GROUND) as opposed to 2 wires Signal(which has all the colours and sync in 1 single wire!) and Ground).
I have also opened the video kit box and the PCB is designed by ASL!
So it isn't an off the shelf item where they just slapped ASL logo on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakka351 View Post
How did you get quality so good with analog video out from pi?

Last edited by gkhn; 20-05-2022 at 09:25 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2022, 09:17 PM   #727
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You will need to upgrade your ICC to colour screen and have the video conversion kit which the pi will connect to.
Please also note mk1 colour screen is non-touch.
So you will either control the pi using a keyboard and mouse.
Or have a touch screen overlay on the screen.
Or have USB trackpad which you can mount next to ICC.
It is up to your imagination

Quote:
Can you do this on a monochrome?
Old 20-05-2022, 09:41 PM   #728
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't have a CAN hat yet.
Will need to tap into the CAN at some point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakka351 View Post
Have you got socketcan up?
Old 25-05-2022, 09:27 PM   #729
jakka351

Smile Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

@ JasonACT in your early works on the ICC and Clucker Firmware - is that Ghidra you are using to decompile the firmware? With a V850 plugin for these modules?

orhaveyougotsomethingbetter
Old 25-05-2022, 10:35 PM   #730
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Yep, Ghidra - you would be paying a lot of money to get any better than that. But it takes practice to get good results (knowing what it "just" does for you, and what things you can do to help it work better). Defining your best guess at function prototypes for example makes things much clearer, it can really clean up the de-compiled output. Also knowing, it won't find some functions, because they are not called statically but instead dynamically by a pointer. Quite a bit of guess work is often needed.
Old 27-05-2022, 08:09 PM   #731
JasonACT
Away on leave

Sometimes I amaze myself... Having played with the QNX O/S for a couple of years now, I can pretty well follow what's going on in the images from our Ford screen. Searching the Internet though, I had seen the QNX web-site talk about FlashLite for our version (6.4.1 - which is very old) and someone else had found download files for a Logitech Harmony Remote 900 which, you guessed it, runs a slightly earlier version of QNX but on a i.MX21 instead of our i.MX31. Meh, they are basically the same. The download also happens to contain the FlashLite files - and I now have it running on our FG MK2 screen:

Bloody touch-screen interface isn't working though :(

Looks like I'm going to be busy for the foreseeable future working on this.
Old 27-05-2022, 08:35 PM   #732
jakka351

https://github.com/sgayou/subaru-sta.../doc/README.md

https://www.blackmoreops.com/2016/06...ms-over-qconn/

Last edited by jakka351; 27-05-2022 at 08:38 PM. Reason: More url
Old 27-05-2022, 08:39 PM   #733
petero1

Sync 3 runs QNX o/s since Ford went from Win CE on Sync 2 to the Blackberry version of QNX.

Have Sync 3 running in an FGX for a while now, is a lot more responsive than Sync 2 and screen layout is better. Sync 3 does not freeze up like Sync 2 used to do quite often.

Am currently putting Sync 3 into an FG 2010, but will be a lot more difficult than the FGX swap, as lots of wiring changes needed. Install of rear roof DAB+
aerial was lots of fun too!
petero1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2022, 02:55 AM   #734
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is the resolution of colour 7 inch FDIM of mark 1?
Does it anybody know?
Cannot find anything anywhere.
My only guess is 640 x 480 as it is NTSC based?
Old 30-05-2022, 11:55 PM   #735
JasonACT
Away on leave

Touch screen now working (Sumitomo apparently didn't implement a whole lot of QNX stuff with the touch-screen driver, but I have now...)

I downloaded 2.2GB of flash files too, I can't believe how many clocks were made... I like this one the best...

Mind you though, a lot of them do have pretty things behind the clock.
5 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2022, 10:18 PM   #736
jakka351

Wink Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Attached Images
File Type: png 0xCANFEDBEEF.png (26.6 KB, 52 views)
Old 02-06-2022, 10:43 PM   #737
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't gamble & drive please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Touch screen now working (Sumitomo apparently didn't implement a whole lot of QNX stuff with the touch-screen driver, but I have now...)

I downloaded 2.2GB of flash files too, I can't believe how many clocks were made... I like this one the best...

Mind you though, a lot of them do have pretty things behind the clock.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2022, 12:13 AM   #738
jakka351

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkhn View Post
Don't gamble & drive please.
Yeah! Someone might call the police!
Old 07-06-2022, 10:42 PM   #739
jakka351

Talking Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Hooning through the sun...
In a four-hundred-horsepower sleigh...
O’er the roads we go...
Boosting all the way...

Bells on ford forums ring...
Making spirits bright...
Oh what fun it is to splice and hack...
Jason's o'er the eeprom tonight!

Oh!
Jingle bells, Kayhan Smells,
ASL all the way! (Dont Pay)
Roland yells, Whiteford mispells,
Nigel laid an egg.

Oh!
...what fun it is to ride
In a pcm-tec-tuned sleigh.
Hey!

Jingle Hell, Kayhan On-Sells,
ASL out the way! (Dont Pay)
Hey!

Oh what fun it is to ride...
with red and flashing blue ...
chasing after you!
3 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2022, 07:09 PM   #740
JasonACT
Away on leave

https://github.com/Jasoroony/Ford-Fa...ashArchive.zip

FG2 QNX Flash Player + Samples (NSFW)

Instructions: Extract this package to an empty USB stick. Run the ICC recore command (from the other download here, using an ELM327 with mid-speed switch) to install "layerlaunch" onto the ICC, this program runs "/fs/usb0/layer" whenever you press the ICC touch-screen at the top-left (a 40x40 pixel area). I.E. pressing that small area will now allow a program called "layer" to run off the USB stick, on command. Once installed, and pressed, with the USB stick inserted, "layer" will present a menu with items from within the "swf" folder in the root of the USB stick, that you can select to run. When done, close them by pressing the touch-screen at the top-right (a 40x40 pixel area).
3 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2022, 08:17 PM   #741
Dalonian
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If people are interfacing with the touch screen and uploading/downloading files, then is it possible to update maps on an FG2 screen? Or will I have to resort to a certain company in Lyndhurst, Victoria?

My Show and Shine thread:

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...27#post5975027
Dalonian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2022, 12:29 PM   #742
regularlyseriously
Starter Motor

Hi I'm new here

Just wondering how you reboot the sync system that has got navigation too in a G6E Turbo 2012?
btw the navigation system is currently stick on saying restarting navigation and also how do you update the sync firmware/maps?
regularlyseriously is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2022, 12:48 PM   #743
jakka351

Quote:
https://github.com/Jasoroony/Ford-Fa...ashArchive.zip

FG2 QNX Flash Player + Samples (NSFW)

Instructions: Extract this package to an empty USB stick. Run the ICC recore command (from the other download here, using an ELM327 with mid-speed switch) to install "layerlaunch" onto the ICC, this program runs "/fs/usb0/layer" whenever you press the ICC touch-screen at the top-left (a 40x40 pixel area). I.E. pressing that small area will now allow a program called "layer" to run off the USB stick, on command. Once installed, and pressed, with the USB stick inserted, "layer" will present a menu with items from within the "swf" folder in the root of the USB stick, that you can select to run. When done, close them by pressing the touch-screen at the top-right (a 40x40 pixel area).
Possible to install python in the operating system? Possible to install anything at all linux wise?
Old 11-07-2022, 05:27 PM   #744
JasonACT
Away on leave

Answers to questions...

I did write a software package that upgrades the maps, but my tester never got back to me so I never released it. I don't know, maybe he's using it and he had worked out that I won't release it without feedback, so he's keeping quiet about it so only he has it?

Forscan can be used to reset the FG2 ICC - or you can pull the power. Both have the same risk of the black screen of death. But you can't update the firmware on these yourself, you will need to take it to someone who has both the equipment and the software package.

Yes, it's possible to install lots of Linux stuff, as long as you can work out how to compile it for QNX as some things may need to be changed. Things like compression libs are the easiest to do, they're just data in and data out. Python? Not sure how hard it is to compile that, so maybe it's possible, at least until you get to the operating system interfaces / libraries. But then all interfaces inside these units are already in-use except the serial port going to the GPS module, and only if you don't have the high-end unit. That's the one I'm using for "everything" with multiplexing drivers. So I have a bunch of virtual serial ports hanging off the one physical one. I'm not sure what the killer-app would be to install on these though? Except VNC maybe, which I've already done, but it's quite slow.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:53 PM   #745
twistgrip

so.....now that i've browsed through 26 pages of jargon that makes absolutely no sense to me...what do us nuff nuffs with black screens do ? pay these companies what they demand & hope it never happens again i guess is our only option
Old 12-07-2022, 12:06 PM   #746
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistgrip View Post
so.....now that i've browsed through 26 pages of jargon that makes absolutely no sense to me...what do us nuff nuffs with black screens do ? pay these companies what they demand & hope it never happens again i guess is our only option
Pretty much. I'm about to order my 2nd replacement screen but I'll add the extended warranty this time.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2022, 12:09 PM   #747
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Answers to questions...

I did write a software package that upgrades the maps, but my tester never got back to me so I never released it. I don't know, maybe he's using it and he had worked out that I won't release it without feedback, so he's keeping quiet about it so only he has it?

Forscan can be used to reset the FG2 ICC - or you can pull the power. Both have the same risk of the black screen of death. But you can't update the firmware on these yourself, you will need to take it to someone who has both the equipment and the software package.

Yes, it's possible to install lots of Linux stuff, as long as you can work out how to compile it for QNX as some things may need to be changed. Things like compression libs are the easiest to do, they're just data in and data out. Python? Not sure how hard it is to compile that, so maybe it's possible, at least until you get to the operating system interfaces / libraries. But then all interfaces inside these units are already in-use except the serial port going to the GPS module, and only if you don't have the high-end unit. That's the one I'm using for "everything" with multiplexing drivers. So I have a bunch of virtual serial ports hanging off the one physical one. I'm not sure what the killer-app would be to install on these though? Except VNC maybe, which I've already done, but it's quite slow.

Is your tester Whiteford Tech? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2022, 05:42 PM   #748
JasonACT
Away on leave

I can neither deny nor deny that.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2022, 06:04 PM   #749
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can neither deny nor deny that.

Lol. I was a bit perplexed as to why you and others are doing so much work and that bloke essentially in his marketing passes it off as his own development and charges people for it.

Old 13-07-2022, 12:41 AM   #750
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I too can only deny any involvement as I am, just an ordinary guy.

Ordinary men don’t hide behind pseudonym’s. Lol.